Camp Motorpsycho » General

Deathprod and Andrew Scheps producing the new MP album

(21 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by Black-eyedJ
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard
  1. Black-eyedJ

Deathprod and Andrew Scheps are producing the new Motorpsycho record in Monnow Valley studio. “Proging up a storm!”
    Looking forward to this one!!
    (Source: Bent’s instagram)

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. Punj Lizard

@Black-eyedJ - Thanks for the info. Do you have a link to the instagram post?

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. Black-eyedJ

4. Punj Lizard

Thanks

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. ThorEgil

A picture of Deathprod - https://www.instagram.com/p/BmrgcpzBtFY/?taken-by=tomasjarmyr

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. cjacob

Veldig bra at Helge er med...Litt skuffende at ikke Alain eller Lo er med...Men det blir jo bra samma F..

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. otherdemon

Haha, it would be kinda cool if those hashtags actually become the song-titles

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. Tomcat

Wow, news are getting better and better

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. tkm

Ser ut som TOS er med?

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. Kid A

Hell, yes! Just listened to Demon Box (the song) the other day and imagined how cool it was, if they worked with Deathprod again.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. mikke

This is almost too good to be true, expectations are sky-high.

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

Absorbing some Deathprod-era Motorpsycho goodness right now - listening to 1997-03-14 Rockefeller from the AADAP boxset

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. yeahhh!!!!! can't wait

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. Bartok

Such good news

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. Mark

According to Bent's IG post recordings are done, and it's going to be a "humdinger" I wonder what that is.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. Kid A

17. Mark

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  18. Punj Lizard

"Humdinger" is good.😊
    "Humdinger" is very good.😀
    "Humdinger" is very good indeed.🤪

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  19. Punj Lizard

From a recent interview with Andrew Scheps.

--------

QUESTION: Looking back on your career are there any, or several moments, that you thought: “This is heaven, can’t believe I’m working with this artist/project.”?

ANSWER: Tons. If you look at my discography, if I hadn’t had them there would be something horribly wrong with me.

The obvious one is working with Red Hot Chili Peppers, I had been a fan of theirs since the very beginning. I saw them live in 1986 when they were playing in small clubs, so being able to work with them was absolutely amazing. Every single day in the studio with them is incredible.

Then there is a band called Motorpsycho (check them on Apple Music, or Spotify), from Norway, who I have been a fan of for years. Loved them but could never get in touch with them, tried a couple of times but it didn’t work out because I didn’t know any people who knew them. However, in the last year, I got to mix two live records for them which was absolutely incredible. When I finally met them all I wanted to do was to talk about their old records and ask how they did this and that, so just being able to have a conversation with them was amazing.

------------

Full interview here:

https://www.youraudiosolutions.com/blog/andrew-scheps-character-vs-clarity-quiet-times-mixing-on-headphones-and-much-more

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  20. Man, getting more and more excited: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnET63GhNdy/

Lars Horntveth tracking horns for the new album!!!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  21. Punj Lizard

@ boomer. I just saw that. Very exciting news.

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.