Camp Motorpsycho » General

More TITS?

(31 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by TraktorBass
  • Latest reply from Phishhead

Tags:

1. TraktorBass

You guys think they will get back and do another Tussler album? We are four years overdue at this point (1994-2004-2014).

I sure would love me some more TITS.

Thoughts?

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. Punj Lizard

I'd have to listen to those two albums a lot more before I could make a fair decision. But at the moment I'd have to say No!

This has nothing to do with quality; it's just a matter of taste. Though, to be honest, if that's what the guys want to do, and it makes them happy, and it keeps the juices flowing, why not?!

It seems to me that their creativity feeds on variety, so if making a new TITS album means we get more interesting MP albums after that, then I would have to say Yes!

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. I especially loved their live performances. Experienced in Dresden something like "grown-ups dance with raised hands and waving their hats wildly" Musically it was kind of very close to Grateful Dead in the late 70's with 2 sets and long magic numbers paired with short songs from Country to Western...

So, I would love to see them live again and of course a new album would be fantastic.

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. Kid A

I saw the show in Bielefeld and it was one of the most fun concerts I visited.
    So I´d vote for a Special Roadwork Edition of that last tour.

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. ThorEgil

This section from the Rockheim Hall of Fame interview should answer the question - https://tv.nrk.no/program/MUHU15002016/rockheim-hall-of-fame-2016#t=18m26s

I also remember asking Bent a few years back whether his involvement in Sugarfoot made it less or more likely that there would be another round of TITS. The answer, at the time, was that Sugarfoot satisfied all his urges for playing country music.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. mybestfriend83

Back then when they toured with the 2nd Tussler Album I saw them the first time live... With Gebhardt on Banjo lol..
    Was a good vibe in a small Venue..
    I would like to have a third Tussler Album... Want a country Version of Kill Devil Hills 😂 Would be fun...

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. TraktorBass

Punj: Give the second album a chance
    Kid A: I agree. And the Tussler live series should be called «Boobjob»
    ThorEgil: Too bad. The fans want more TITS.
    Everyone: Pardon the terrible, infantile puns.

Edit: Are there good tapes of the live shows floating around somewhere?

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. Yeah definately more! Also saw them on tour with the second album, really great concert as they lifted the music into country rock heaven at parts. Would love to listen to new stuff!

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. Tomcat

As great as the Tussler live shows were - reactivating TITS would mean laying down the mothership, and that is the very least I'd like to see coming these days. The second Tussler album fitted well in the "Lovecult self implosion". But not now with all these extraordinary news and recent live shows ... Let's talk again in five years ... or ten please. Then I'd be very grateful

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. ThorEgil

The last TITS album also lead up to the exit for Geb. He wanted to play more banjo while the Loud and the God wanted to get back to business.

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. JERO

Yeah, so let's hope Tomas won't pick up that washing board and head off...

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. ijustpop

That August 2003 Tussler gig at Rockefeller is one of the best MP gigs I've seen. 3 1/2 hours long if I remeber correctly. Loads of covers, good times and great gusts. The band was expanded too. Martin Hagfors, anyone else remember who else?

Perfect Roadwork release.

Was the SoWhat-gig the same year?

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. johnerik

Was there a Tussler gig at SoWhat? I remember one at Cafe Mono - possibly in 2003.

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. kjellepelle

Seen TITS several times, always a party. There should be a unofficial(official) recording that they did at Blæst here in Trondheim . Also Student TVen with Frode Dreier (Haircuts dvd) did some filming of that evening. 2 sets and loads of guests.

TITS 1
    TITS 2

But I think that chapter is closed for good, but never say never this life has shown me several times.

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. Punj Lizard

@ TraktorBass - I will definitely be giving the albums more attention, but how much? I don't know

@ kjellepelle - Thanks for those two videos. I watched/listened to them this morning. I can't say they inspired me to wish for more TITS concerts. If they played in the UK I would go for the novelty value, but to be honest, there's nothing more than that to attract me. I certainly wouldn't be making any trips to mainland Europe to see them.

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. tkm

17. kjellepelle

@ Punj Lizard: Well you should have been there to get the atmosphere. It was a great night. But the TITS was never mote than a tounge in cheeck project with good tunes. Sugarfoot are more ordinary band. An as I said before I'll be suprise if the TITS gets reactivated.. I think the guys are satisfied with the situation as it is.

But I'm more interested in checking out the new Sugarfoot album when it drops sometime next year. Countryprog? Cosmic norse americana..?

Posted 2 months ago #
  18. kjellepelle

double post

Posted 2 months ago #
  19. Punj Lizard

@ kjellepelle - I'm sure the atmosphere was brilliant. It looks like a good bunch of friends playing a bunch of tunes they love, everyone having a good singalong I expect. For that reason it would be fun to see.

Yesterday, as I was checking out Lars Horntveth's Instagram account (following his announcement that he's tracking horns for the new MP album ), I noticed that his previous post, from earlier this month, showed Reine Fiske recording guitar for the new Sugarfoot album. That Fiske man certainly gets around!

Posted 2 months ago #
  20. Really looking forward the Sugarfoot Album too. Last one was also great, it still spins on my turntable after months.

Posted 2 months ago #
  21. shakti

There was a Tussler gig at So What in 2003, IIRC it was part of Øya Natt. Damn fine gig it was too, with a loose and fun and spontaneous atmosphere. It felt like the right thing for them to do after having lost steam and direction over the 2-3 years before that (IMO). Of course, little did we know at the time that it was also a kind of reaching out to Geb.

The next year, after the second Tussler album, I saw them at Kvarteret in Bergen, and it is the only time I have walked out on a Motorpsycho(-related) gig. It had become formulaic and was a quasi-Dead yawn-fest from start to finish...(actually I wouldn't know about that since I didn't stay until the end).

I agree with Tomcat that the second Tussler album is part of the downward spiral in the early 2000s. In fact, I view it as the absolute nadir...Everything that was fun and interesting about the original concept was gone by then, IMHO. I have no desire for them to return to the concept either.

Soo...how about that upcoming humdinger of an album, eh? I hope we get to hear some new tunes at the upcoming fall gigs.

Posted 2 months ago #
  22. otherdemon

@Shakti + Tomcat: Funny you guys should say that, because for me it's the other way around. I think the second album is FAR superior to the first. I saw Tussler @ Rockefeller '04, and while it was a pretty good gig, 3 1/2 hours should be reserved for Motorpsychodelia

@Traktorbass: There's a really good (incomplete)soundboard of Blæst 2003 floating around. If it's still on Motortrades, I recommend it. Great sound, tight performance + they'd already started previewing a few songs from the 2nd album.

Posted 2 months ago #
  23. Phishhead

Recorded the Folken gig after the 2 album came out, wonder if this is known in cirulation or the one i got is the only one?

Posted 2 months ago #
  24. Johnny_Heartfield

Saw the TITS gig in Cologne - Prime club, small venue, small audience - and enjoyed it as it was - a mere fun project for the musicians and for parts of the audience. Happy to hear a few Grateful Dead tunes and a few Rock classics played.

Definitely no comparison to the full MP onslaught: power, virtuosity and musical bliss. So I could live without another Tussler album or gig.
    But hey - let the boys do what they like - always the best receipt for inspired music!

Posted 2 months ago #
  25. Tomcat

"I agree with Tomcat that the second Tussler album is part of the downward spiral in the early 2000s."

Uh, just to get that straight - I really liked the second Tussler album and prefer it to the precursor since it sounds much more like motorpsycho, much more *rock*. But for me it somehow stands for a downward direction of motorpsycho.

I only saw the Tussler Society touring that second album and those shows were so wonderfully filled with great moods, covers and jams ... but all that never surpassed the mothership!

Posted 2 months ago #
  26. shakti

Technically, the second album is certainly superior. But to my ears it lacks (lacked) soul. I haven't heard it in years though, and should probably give it another try. And of course, the live gigs in 2003-4 were also technically superior to first outing(s), but again, for my taste the whole thing got stale very fast. Maybe it was just me and my mood at the time.

Posted 2 months ago #
  27. BronYAur

I've always found the first Tussler album very funny and entertaining. And the second one boring and soulless... Also, I consider the 2nd album the bottom of the worst MP times (Love Cult, no tours, Geb leaving), while the 1st one was in the middle of the very damn thing growing up (Tim, jazz festival, experimental stuff, lot of fun in the band). These are things you feel in the music. Of course the 1st album is really out of the MP world, which makes it even more precious and interesting to me!

Live Tussler? Never happened at less than 1000 miles from me, so I only heard and saw bootlegs... I would've loved it anyway!

Posted 2 months ago #
  28. TraktorBass

Interesting perspectives here, especially the sentiments about the 2002-2006 period and Tussler 2 being lumped in there with Love Cult. Never really thought about it like that.

And Tussler 2 being a "reaching out" of sorts to a banjo loving Gebhardt. Makes alot of sense in retrospect.

I have always held Tussler 2 in high regard and I think its a great album. Tussler 1 I regard more as a novelty, though it has its charm.

Different strokes for different folks!

Posted 2 months ago #
  29. Juergen

@ Phishhead:

There is no recording of the Stavanger show 2003-08-19 in circulation and even the setlist has never been posted so far! I have every setlist of this tour except for this one.

Are you able to share this recording?

Posted 2 months ago #
  30. mefisto

@ Jürgen:

The 2nd album was released in 2004, so I think that is the recording he is talking about...

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.