Camp Motorpsycho » General

Books about Motorpsycho albums

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Punj Lizard
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Punj Lizard

We've already had Johan Harstad's superb Blissard book and some essays in Supersonic Scientists, but a friend posted on Facebook that the 33 1/3 series of books about albums is taking calls for new proposals. Please pass the link around to anyone you think might be interested in writing a short book about a Motorpsycho album.

http://333sound.com/the-33-1-3-open-call-starts-now-submit-your-proposals/

If I had contact with Harstad I'd suggest he might want to try to submit an edited version of the Blissard book, or maybe write another.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. supernaut

I don't know any writer but I'd love to get an in depth writing about Timothy's Monster and/or The DD Unicorn...

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. kjellepelle

Fotnote #10 episode om Blissard boka av Johan Harstad og Motorpsycho (sadly in Norwegian)

Fotnote #10 - Blissard

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. Blashyrkh

5. mefisto

6. kjesso

Seeing that Johan Harstad is mentioned above: There are references to Motorpyscho in two of his novels.

His 2006 novel "Buzz Aldrin, hvor ble det av deg i alt mylderet" opens with a quote from Vortex Surfer (And never stop, etc.). It covers 640 pages, but is dwarfed by his 2015 novel "Max, Mischa og Tet-offensiven", which reaches 1080 pages. The Mischa in the title is the artist Mischa Gray. Printed on the cover is a list of her exhibitions, and in 2011 she took part in an exhibition called "Year Zero, Again".

Both books are excellent, by the way.

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. s_edelman

am reading BuzzA at this moment 😉
    There’s a band from Trondheim mentioned ...

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. s_edelman

I might have missed it somewhere, but Stickman sells the ENGLISH version of the Johan Harstad Blissard book. Am glad I get a chance to read it

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. Punj Lizard

@s_edelman - I loved reading that book.

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.