Camp Motorpsycho » General

2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO

(34 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by Punj Lizard
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard
  1. trylleball

Having attended both the Kolbotn and Drammen gig, I agree the sound was far superior at the former. Although the guys for some reason seemed to be in a better mood at Kolben, and had less technical difficulties, that gig also felt a bit "safe" in comparison. The Drammen gig on the other hand, I feel had more of a nerve to it, and had some stellar jams. To me Lacuna/Sunrise was a definite highlight, probably the best version I have seen of that song. Dream Home, The Wheel and The Tower were great as well.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  2. shakti

I'll agree Lacuna was pretty good in Drammen - at least there was *something* happening during the middle section. I love the theme/song, but the mid section frequently drags on with not much happening. Taifun was beautiful but does not, IMHO need the extra part tacked on at the end. Bartok was strong with some wild soloing from Snah, Cuckoo similarly strong. Dream Home was also a very good version with nice parts from Lars H. The highlight was easily The Wheel which was great and very, very heavy. Manmower is another one of those stunning songs which do not benefit from the extended jamming. At least it was relatively brief in Drammen.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  3. JERO

@Punj Lizard
    Thanx for all the story, and about earplugs: can't do without them at an MP gig, and with them, it's such a joy to be able to hear but still feel the sonic waves through your whole body and experience the earthquaking Bentbass(-pedals), like at the culmination of Taifun for instance!
    ...To quote The Breadingred Foggyroads (a cultband here in Holland): from the song 'Old Rockers': "they put in their earplugs and quote Spinal Tap, 'cause these go to eleven and it's way off the map!" Sail on, psychonaut!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  4. Punj Lizard

@ JERO. Thanks 😀

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.