• Started 2 months ago by Spacebandit
  • Latest reply from Spacebandit

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. supernaut

Man-Erg

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. Spacebandit

Is there a weak album by VdGG? Don't think so. H to He stands out as well as Pawn hearts.
    "A plague of lighthouse keepers" is unbelievable. But I also like the later ones as VdG
    very much. The live album...the late Nic Potter on fuzzed out bass...Pioneers over C...
    Sphinx in the face...all beautiful music.

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. Kid A

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. Punj Lizard

I listened to both Bremen and Erlangen again today - bloody amazing! What a band!

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. eddy_t

@Spacebandit: if you wanna find a fly in the ointment for me it is probably World Record...still great but less great than the others...

And listening to the more recent ones I truly miss David Jackson..

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. the conscience

hammer video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwUhG5Soo_E

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. Spacebandit

the video is nice...the audio not really. Something I stay in tune with the ViKINGS...
    all fine with a good audio recording (I got permission) but not with a rather crappy
    sounding U-Tube video. Not my world and neither that of the band.

@ eddy_t: Yes, that was the weakest of the triple in 1975/1976. Meurgyls III is still
    very fine, but I don't think Banton and SaxonJackson wanted to do "Reggae". So the band
    split afterwards into "Peter Hammill's VdG". Still life/Godbluff are really fine albums,
    maybe a bit too fast following each others...
    AS from the recent past: Yes, of course I miss Mr. Jackson, but I think he doesn't like to
    tour that much anymore instead of concentrating on his work with disabled children.
    Peter Hammill: Saw him in last May twice in Dortmund. Nice, but helluva exhausting.

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.