Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho live 2019

(248 posts)
  • Started 6 months ago by Punj Lizard
  • Latest reply from Johnny_Heartfield
  1. Be

Yeah! Schlachthof on a sunday. Guess, I'll skip Hamburg then.

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. pfnuesel

Good catch! Sunday (and Monday) shows are usually best, crowd-wise. Schlachthof is a highlight in any case. Nice combination!

Posted 3 months ago #
  3. Deadnautpsychohead

Really looking forward to Schlachthof, great venue, esp. for MP. But I'll stick to Hamburg, although I'm absolutely not in the mood for waiting for the guys while having to bear Elder...

Posted 3 months ago #
  4. supernaut

You, sir, are crazy. Elder are freaking amazing. Lore and Reflections of a Floating World have been my drug for a while. And the Lore title track is so motorpsychedelique.

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. fillmore

From an interview with Bent in the current issue (208 / March 2019) of eclipsed Rock Magazin:

Q: Live hattet ihr zuletzt Lars Horntveth von Jaga Jazzist dabei, auf "The Crucible" ist er bei einem Track zu hören. Wird er künftig eine größere Rolle spielen?

A: Wir haben gerade eine Woche mit ihm geprobt. Wir haben bereits 85 Prozent des nächsten Albums geschrieben, das wir im August aufnehmen werden. Wir beschlossen, dass wir zwei zusätzliche Musiker dabei haben wollen, und Lars wird definitiv einer davon sein. Er vesteht uns als Band, und sein Input ist uns sehr wertvoll. Er hilft uns das Chaos zu ordnen, und wenn alles glattgeht, wird er uns auch auf unserer Tour begleiten. [...]".

They hope to bring Lars Horntveth on tour, have written 85% of the new album which they will record in August.

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. its unbelievable. just finished anoher spin of the crucible with tears in my eyes, and now these news...

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. Punj Lizard

😲 Wow. Great news. I'm gobsmacked.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. Deadnautpsychohead

@supernaut: Just a case of taste and not of mental state I hope. Saw Elder at Krach am Bach and just didn't like them. Anyway, they'll have a second chance on me.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. Kid A

@fillmore: two fantastic news in just 1 paragraph. I’m so excited, what comes next, it seems the boys are exploding with creativity right now, and I really like the direction they’re moving. Wow!

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. Sleepynaut

If this UK date or dates don't happen and get announced soon i may well fucking explode

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. Can someone please ask Bent or Cecilie next time they bump into them what is going on between Hamburg and Utrecht? Thank you.

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. kjellepelle

maybe Wieland/Powerline is the right person to ask as he handles Germany!

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. Tomcat

Already done - no more dates in Germany in spring, and they don't book mp for UK or Netherlands/Belgium (...)

It's indeed annoying as we cannot really plan our possible trip to Hamburg :-/

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. pfnuesel

Not more German Shows? After the 3 Swiss shows of last year, I expected around 26 German shows this year. Still better than nothing, of course! (I'm not complaining.)

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. fillmore

28.09.2019 - DK Odense, Posten

Facebook

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. Tomcat

04.04.2019 - NO Bodø, Sinus
    10.04.2019 - NO Haugesund, Høvleriet
    11.04.2019 - NO Bergen, Hulen
    12.04.2019 - NO Bergen, Hulen
    13.04.2019 - NO Stavanger, Folken

02.05.2019 - NO Tromsø, Driv
    03.05.2019 - NO Trondheim, Verkstedhallen
    04.05.2019 - NO Ålesund, Terminalen
    11.05.2019 - NO Oslo, Sentrum Scene
    14.05.2019 - DK Aarhus, Train
    15.05.2019 - DK Copenhagen, Hotel Cecil
    16.05.2019 - DE Hamburg, Markthalle (w. Elder - 25 Years Stickman anniversary)
    19.05.2019 - NL Utrecht, Tivoli Vredenburg
    21.05.2019 - NL Groningen, Vera
    22.05.2019 - BE Leuven, Het Depot
    23.05.2019 - DE Hannover, Faust
    24.05.2019 - DE Wiesbaden, Schlachthof
    25.05.2019 - CH Lausanne, Les Docks
    27.05.2019 - AT Wien, Arena
    28.05.2019 - IT Trezzo Sull'adda (MI), Live Music Club
    29.05.2019 - IT Bologna, Zona Roveri Music Factory
    30.05.2019 - IT Avellino, Teatro Partenio
    31.05.2019 - IT Roma, Orion
    01.06.2019 - IT Genova, Goa Boa Preview
    02.06.2019 - DE Reutlingen, Kulturzentrum franz.K

28.06.2019 - NO Trondheim, Trondheim Rocks
    31.07.2019 - NO Trondheim, Byscenen / Olavsfestdagene - Motorpsycho with friends
    10.08.2019 - NO Oslo, Øyafestivalen - Motorpsycho with friends

28.09.2019 - DK Odense, Posten
    29.09.2019 - DE Bremen, Schlachthof
    01.10.2019 - DE Köln, Gloria
    15.10.2019 - DE Frankfurt am Main, Mousonturm
    16.10.2019 - DE Leipzig, Conne Island
    17.10.2019 - DE Berlin, Festsaal Kreuzberg

Posted 2 months ago #
  17. Juergen

Thank you for the updates!

What a strange schedule: So many days off and even weeks off on the spring leg of 2019! Two days off in a row (17th and 18th of May) are not typical for Motorpsycho and no concert has been announced to fill this hole (on a weekend).

Posted 2 months ago #
  18. TraktorBass

17th of may is the norwegian constitution day, so the guys will probably be eating ice cream with their kids and having a drink (or five, hence no gig 18th).

Posted 2 months ago #
  19. ThorEgil

It can also be that they take into consideration that the Stickman 25 years anniversary on May 16 might last a few hours into the (next) night.

Posted 2 months ago #
  20. tkm

They will also probably have a easter break after the gig in Stavanger. I also think there is a sugarfoot album on it's way. And probably a few gigs around that release.

Posted 2 months ago #
  21. Punj Lizard

In autumn 2017 I think they had a two-week break after a number of Norwegian dates, which is when Kristoffer Lo then joined them to rehearse before the rest-of-Europe tour.

Posted 2 months ago #
  22. Tomcat

Psssst - the gap in April might be due to the strong rumour that they booked studio time to record material which will be performed "with friends" later in the summer

The break after Hamburg is still annoying, Psychonaut needs to make plans for travel

Posted 2 months ago #
  23. Krist Rampage

So then they are recording in april and in august. That's awesome.

Someone mentioned the Into The Void festival. Would be amazing if they did play there.

Posted 2 months ago #
  24. Wulf

25. jessi

unfortunately there are bass, volume and time limitations at the hannover show. that is one reason why it starts at 7:30 pm already.
    more info: faust, hannover info

hope to see any of you there anyway!

Posted 2 months ago #
  26. Punj Lizard

20.09.2019 - GR Athens, Fuzz Club

Fuzz Club, Athens

Is this a first time in Greece? I think the website mentions that they're returning after a long absence.

There are now even more dates to fill - between Athens and Odense; and between Köln and Frankfurt.

Posted 2 months ago #
  27. Second time in Greece. First time was An Club in Athens 06.10.2001. My recording of it is still out there, a great night it was.

Posted 2 months ago #
  28. mefisto

Except for the very drunk guy shouting for 577 the whole gig, Anders?

Posted 2 months ago #
  29. Who? Me? Hahaha! That was a wet dream coming true in 2002. Your comment had me break out the Athens recording again. Energetic concert with lots of hot playing. No shouting for 577, but there is this guy shouting for Vortex Surfer a couple of times...

Posted 2 months ago #
  30. To bring this back on topic, I will see Copenhagen and Hamburg on this tour for sure. I am also thinking of Lausanne. Anyone else?

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.