Camp Motorpsycho » General

The Crucible (Feb 15, 2019)

(30 posts)

Tags:

1. Tomcat

Release date and title of the new album

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqcCm85gPMl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6ahaeqiu8nkd

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  2. Krist Rampage

Wow, i really love the cover! Looks sorta like a The Tower part II. I am curious if the album is like that too.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  3. mikke

A Gullvåg piece again! Wow!

Sticman notes:

https://www.stickman-records.com/new-motorpsycho-album-the-crucible/

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  4. Flippern

Sick!! Can’t wait!

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  5. Krist Rampage

[quote]Both visually and musically, The Crucible starts where the last album The Tower ended, but it soon takes on its own hue, and it is clear that it cannot be called a ‘sequel’ as such: this is very much a step further out than anywhere the band ventured on The Tower.

Ah, that awnsers my question

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  6. Aki

Great news

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  7. ThorEgil

If the album is half as good as the Stickman hype...

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  8. otherdemon

Shut up and take my money!

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  9. Fuck Yeah!!

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  10. Punj Lizard

I'll be in the middle of a month-long trip in the Indian Himalayas when it drops. I have a feeling The Crucible is going to make for some interesting background music. Cannot (but will have to) wait! :D

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  11. marc

Yeah! Dense and concise sounds great. Nice continuation regarding the artwork. Is it the whole painting or a section of it?

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  12. supernaut

Sounds like a single album then. But that's ok considering "dense", "far out" but still "focused". And if (or rather since) Lux Aeterna is anything to go by, then woah woah woah.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  13. Kid A

Yes!
    But... I’ m not so excited about the cover. For my very own personal taste the simpler designs the band used in the past look much more interesting, like Trust Us or LTEC.
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic cover, as well as The Tower, but this “Painting” Style looks kind of “proggy” to me, if you know what I mean. It looks like this chaotic middle part of Lux Aeterna sounds, and I do love the other parts more.
    Just my humble opinion
    Nevertheless, can’t wait to hold it in my hands and let it spin!

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  14. JERO

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
    Feb 15 is a lot of time after christmas, but it will certainly feel like a newborn coming from the gods!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  15. ThorEgil

@Kid A - The "Painting" style covers are actually paintings by one of Norway's most famous painters - http://haakon-gullvaag.no/kunst
    Any über-completists wanting to buy the originals should be prepared to pay dearly.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. Kid A

To have the originals hanging in your living room - that’s a good chance for “Fan Of The Year” title

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  17. fillmore

[SPOILER]
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>
    <p>

There will be three tunes on the album; 20, 10 and 8 minutes in length

Posted 1 week ago #
  18. Tomcat

Posted 1 week ago #
  19. TraktorBass

Where is this info from?

Posted 1 week ago #
  20. fillmore

I cannot disclose my source but it's realiable.

Posted 1 week ago #
  21. TraktorBass

Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush?

Posted 1 week ago #
  22. marc

3 Songs, wow! Quite a twist to my expectations Lux probably being the 8 minute-song then. So, maybe a "short" suite and two more conventional songs...getting a bit of a "more concice LLM" feel now.

Posted 1 week ago #
  23. marc

Just googled “The Crucible“. Apparently there is a theatre play by Arthur Miller, followed by a film adaptation. The overall topic being witch hunts in Northern America and related social discord and chaos. So, as announced in the press text, a continuation of The Tower lyrically.

Posted 1 week ago #
  24. bionaut

Interesting. As an American living in Massachusetts, 'The Crucible' was a staple of my high school English literature education along with 'The Scarlet Letter'. To me, I began thinking of the Salem witch trials as soon as I first saw the title of the new MP record. Anybody else?

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. Kid A

If the info is right, it would be the shortest playing MP album ever, beating Phano which is about 44 minutes

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. Punj Lizard

@ bionaut - Yes, me too. I also knew of the play and the adaptations. And I visited Salem, MA in 1974, as a teenager on my first visit to the US.

Posted 1 week ago #
  27. Smarti333s

The Crucible is also a planet in the videogame Destiny 2. This planet is where you go to for multiplayer matches. Not sure if anyone in the band can be considered a gamer, probably not... just a trivia I suppose.

Posted 1 week ago #
  28. Punj Lizard

When I read those lengths, my first thought was Close to the Edge. My second was Relayer. If MP can come up with anything even close to those two (and Lux Aeterna is a damned good start) I'll be well happy. Anticipation steadily increasing.

Posted 1 week ago #
  29. kjellepelle

Interview with Snah regarding working with Håkon Gullvåg

Snah - Håkon Gullvåg

Sadly its only in norwegian

Posted 1 week ago #
  30. ThorEgil

A review copy spotted at the Sid Smith mansion.

Posted 4 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.