Psychotzar
    Go to California
    Dreamhome
    The Tower (inc. Hell pt.7)
    Lux Aeterna

2h25m

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. kjesso

Amazing show. Snah must have met Robert Johnson for lunch; he played like a man possessed all night. The five accoustic songs were marvellous. And the setlist got a total makeover from the day before - only the three Crucibles and The Tower was played both nights.

Posted 1 week ago #
  3. TraktorBass

What is Natures Way? New song?

Posted 1 week ago #
  4. TAF

Nature's Way by Spirit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsTK2LHZKPQ

They released it on an EP in the mid-90s, but I don't know that they've played it live before. :-O

Posted 1 week ago #
  5. Mjah

Spirit cover!

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. Juergen

"Nature's Way" was a live premiere. They have never performed it live so far.

All five acoustic songs were tour premieres!

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. Devotional

Wow! So no "Tristano", "Hogwash" or "Black To Comm" on night two (have been hoping since UFFA that they’d unleash that on us throughout this tour), but rather the complete opposite with an acoustic set. While I normally would be extremely disappointed with that, what an awesome selection! Opening with "Nature's Way"?! YES! Love that song. Never thought they’d perform it live. Fantastic to see "Watersound" and "Starmelt/Lovelight" there too, and "Bedroom Eyes" is my favourite from Phanerothyme. I believe that was played along with "Stardust" at Byscenen in Trondheim in 2017 too, but it wasn’t surrounded by pure gold like this.

Hope to hear more reports - or even better a recording from this one.

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. Tomcat

Oho, this looks good! Seems like Bergen doublenighters are always worth a trip

Posted 1 week ago #
  9. mefisto

@Devotional: My friend filmed those two nights, so look out on Youtube...

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. fillmore

Awesome !!! Love them acoustic sets. Hope they'll repeat it down the road.

Posted 1 week ago #
  11. kjesso

I woke up early in my hotel room, and decided to write some impressions from the Bergen shows on my blog (Norwegian only).

https://kulturguffen.blogspot.com/2019/04/motorpsycho-hulen-bergen-11-og-12-april.html

Posted 1 week ago #
  12. Phoots Flower

Nature's way yesterday Gullible other day!!!!This year The setlists are very very good

@mefisto Wow!!!

Posted 1 week ago #
  13. Devotional

Thank @kjesso for the extensive report, and @mefisto - that's great news!

Posted 1 week ago #
  14. Spacebandit

...Nature's ways...only got that one "live" some almost 30 years ago when SPIRIT
    hit the Hyde Park in Osnabrück. Great choice for telling people that there's something wrong
    about nature and the stupitidy of mankind.

Posted 1 week ago #
  15. supernaut

Was Watersound all acoustic or was it played in its known version as some kinda "bridge" from the acoustic to the electric set?

Posted 1 week ago #
  16. Mjah

All acoustic, Snah on keys!

Posted 1 week ago #
  17. shakti

Double gigs in Bergen are almost always legendary. I wasn't there this time, don't live in Bergen anymore. However, I will say this; I totally didn't see this stuff coming; Gullible's Travails and an acoustic set including very rarely performed songs. Terrific!

Posted 1 week ago #
  18. metallican

Here it is for all of you that needs to see this.

The complete acoustic set with raw cam sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCy3LDP-Qc

Posted 1 week ago #
  19. Phoots Flower

Thanks

Posted 1 week ago #
  20. Devotional

@metallican: Beautiful. Thank you so much <3

Posted 1 week ago #
  21. Bartok

This makes me so happy! Great footage. Finally Stardust, what a gem, and bedroom eyes. Wow. Hoping for more than just one note of The Crucible! But thanks! Lucky people who were there. Looking forward for more goodies ahead 🙏

Posted 1 week ago #
  22. metallican

@ Bartok
    Keep your eyes on the http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/
    I have a feeling something will pop up there soon....

Posted 1 week ago #
  23. shakti

What a terrific Acoustic set! Seeing Bent and Snah like that, on a stage like Hulen, can make even the hardest man sentimental. What a gem this band is! After 30 years of being the greatest band on the planet, they are still here, exactly like they always have been, still 100% dedicated to what they are doing. That clip could have been from the mid-90s. I am talking about the spirit of the band (pun not intended). It's not polished or perfect, but it was out of left field, and it was beautiful and genuine. Wish I could have been there.

Posted 1 week ago #
  24. metallican

For those interested in hearing this the sound files is up on Dimeadozen.

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. Spacebandit

For sure...the acoustic set (did they ever play that Spirit song before?) was amazing,
    but the electric set... into what spaces did they travel during Trigger and Tower?
    Far out stuff...just exactly perfect (at least for me).

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. Juergen

Motorpsycho have never played "Nature's Way" live before. It was released on compilation album "Gamle Moder Jord" in 1996 and on the Angels and Daemons box set but the live performance was a live debut.

Posted 1 week ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.