Camp Motorpsycho » General

The Light Fantastic

(68 posts)
  • Started 4 weeks ago by ThorEgil
  • Latest reply from otherdemon

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Oh thats interesting. If it is a reference to Terry Pratchett it would be simply nice. Love his books

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  2. paolinogrande001

From BS on the MP homepage:

"To make sure none of you will lose sleep over not getting your hands on a copy, you’ll all be able to (pre-)order your copies in the MP webshop: we have made a first print run that we think is big enough to satisfy demand, but will do another ASAP if we run out before all your needs are sated. So not to worry: everybody will get a copy eventually!"

Edit: "quotes"

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  3. Pitje007

So...anyone picked it up in Odense yesterday?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  4. Yes, I picked up a copy. It's heavy, beautiful and sealed. Only had cash for one, so haven't opened it, since I promised to pick it up for a friend.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  5. Johnny_Heartfield

Probable Pratchett prank (haha - ppp means something else to us, doesn't it?), so let's call it Assumed Pratchett Connection

The Light Fantastic is Pratchett's second novel in the Discworld series - btw.: isn't MP's next disc to be called "The World"? - ok, ok, back to topic: Together with its predecessor this book is rather not the one masterfully structured plot but a sometimes hectic combination of adventures that do both follow and satirize traditional fantasy adventure tales, introducing a few major and several minor characters that would play roles in the seemingly endless evolution of the Discworld series. Substitute fantasy with Rock'n'Roll and Pratchett with Motorpsycho and you will see the title is obviously quite fitting for this new collection.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  6. Westbeam1973

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  7. Kid A

If you want to grab it on the tour, take a little extra money with you! It’s no bargain, about 40,-€

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  8. Pitje007

40€ yesterday in Bremen, beautiful package...won´t spoil anything here but I´ll add it to discogs today.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  9. Krist Rampage

I see you’ve added it to discogs. Awesome. Man i really love this compilation a lot. And the packaging, wow. Just wow. Love it.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  10. Pitje007

me too, gave it a spin today, interesting new stuff...not what I expectec from the Crucible Sessions.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  11. JERO

Back from Paradiso-Noord, sitting on my couch and reading the "catalogue" of "MP-merchandise" that comes with the album, and doing my best not to wake up my wife, not because I'm giving the record a spin, but because of the waves of laughter erupting from reading this genius comical booklet!!!
    Yes, our revered rockmeisters have a great sense of humor, and can laugh at themselves as well.
    Great!

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  12. Krist Rampage

Yes the book is absolutely hilarious. Caught myself laughing out loud too several times. Defenitely one of the coolest things in my collection.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  13. Supersonic Scientist

Would anyone going to a gig be willing to pick me up a copy?
    I really don't wanna miss out on this beauty..
    I'm in Norway, btw.
    sindersh(at)gmail(dot)com

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  14. kjellepelle

Just for the record, BS is a big fan of Terry Pratchett. And the package looks fantastic. Have seen it but havent got a copy yet.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  15. tkm

I would also love a copy if someone is willing to pick one up for me. Also in norway. Thormaa(at)msn(dot)com

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  16. schnu underberg

There are different colours.
    i have a black one and a clear one here....
    does anyone have a green one, like the Brekkstad tour box???

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  17. kjellepelle

There is only two version (at the moment)

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  18. JERO

You guys are talking about the two color versions of the jetplane, right?
    By the way, I wish those fake MP albums in the catalogue were for real! (live in Japan)

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  19. 2005janinge

There are two versions. One is clear and one is black. Don't know how many copies total, but it's 50/50 copies.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  20. Tomcat

Is there a way to differ the colours from outside?

Posted 1 week ago #
  21. schnu underberg

@ Tomcat: my both copies look the same from outside.

Posted 1 week ago #
  22. supernaut

Two songs and five pages in, it's already worth it.

Now where are my scissors...?

Posted 1 week ago #
  23. JERO

So...who else has taken up Terry Pratchett reading (again) ? Another world of creativity opening up alongside the album...DISC world....get it?

Posted 5 days ago #
  24. pfft

In the shop!

Posted 1 day ago #
  25. Pitje007

which shop?

Posted 1 day ago #
  26. shakti

Motorpsycho.no webshop.

Bought!

Posted 1 day ago #
  27. Pitje007

Thanx!

Posted 1 day ago #
  28. Aki

What is "Motorpsycho Vol. 1 - Living Next Door to Genius" on the back?

Posted 1 day ago #
  29. pfft

What is "Motorpsycho Vol. 1 - Living Next Door to Genius" on the back?

A joke

Posted 1 day ago #
  30. suntripper

At last! One that I won't miss out on!

Feeling a bit neglected in the UK as this tour proceeds. I can't get to the mainland because of caring responsibilities, so no chance of picking up goodies like these at gigs.

Very pleased the shop has stocked this one.

Now, how about the Demon Box Live blu-ray and album?

Posted 1 day ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.