Camp Motorpsycho » General

The Light Fantastic

(89 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by ThorEgil
  • Latest reply from trylleball

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ThorEgil

@suntripper - That's an easy one actually (I didn't say cheap). It seems it is still available from the publisher https://www.falckforlag.no/musikk/

@Aki - I think you will have to wait a while for that one.

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. CaptainAubrey

You sound like you’re sure about the Pratchett connection, @kjellepelle? Very cool, if that is the case. I’m a huge Pratchett fan myself, and it’s no surprise if Bent is a fan. They seem to share a kind of «outside looking in»-mentality towards society/the world, both with lots of passion, morality and humor.

That’s it, I’m wearing my «Unseen University» shirt to the Berlin gig next week!

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. Aki

>Joke

Thanks lol

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. suntripper

@ThorEgil - Thanks for the pointer. I think I previously found that getting one to the UK was problematic, but I've now been inspired to e-mail the publisher on the subject.

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. ThorEgil

@suntripper - I can see that the Norwegian language order form might be a slight problem (UK is Storbritannia in Norwegian btw), but I'm sure Christer Falck is more than willing to help you out. He's a very nice guy it seems.

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. kjellepelle

@CaptainAubrey, yep i'm sure. I even was at the old MP HQ and whatched him playing an old Terry Pratchett video game back in the 90s on the mp pc.

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. suntripper

@ThorEgil - He has indeed been most helpful in separating me from my money. Who needs that stuff lying around the place anyway?!

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. otherdemon

Well, you guys better hurry up, because it looks like Falck Forlag is becoming defunct

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. suntripper

@otherdemon - Any chance you could give a brief précis in English? You've got me concerned about my hard-earned.

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. otherdemon

@suntripper: Basically it says that Christer Falck is shutting down both his
    book company + record label because it's impossible to earn money.

I did however get the impression that all orders already in progress would be
    honored as usual. But if you're already in contact with him, it might be best
    to ask the question just to be on the safe side.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. ThorEgil

@suntripper - No worries, it's not happening today. Christer has published a post on facebook where he explains the situation and the backround for the decision. And he also lists up 8 music releases along with 3 book projects in the pipeline before he shuts the door.

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. suntripper

@ThorEgil - Many thanks for the reassurance. That's a relief.

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. suntripper

@otherdemon - Thank you for responding so promptly and explaining the situation. I am sorry to hear of another enterprise struggling to earn enough. Where are we going to be when they're all gone? Mmm... living under tha Amazonarchy?

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. Angel_or_Daemon

postage on this gem is really neck breaking ...
    does anyone know if the light fantastic will also be sold via mighty stickman?

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. grindove

Bought "The light fantastic" in Berlin and got time to enjoy it today. As pointed out by some others here previously: lovely, super cool package
    And I like those two new songs a lot!

Unfortunately, my copy looks (and sounds) like someone at the pressing plant dropped some tools on it before getting it inside the inner sleeve Clicks/pops during about a third of "California (I'm so sold)". On many other places too, but not as enduring.

Several times during later years I've bought new, factory sealed records with very audible scratches on them. I get the feeling that employees at pressing plants nowadays don't know what they are doing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  16. otherdemon

Just got to listen to the live version of Light Fantastic from den Haag
    (thx a lot Bernie! You're the man )

SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD!

Cool track, and a huge chunk of it felt very familiar. Turns out they recycled/
    reworked a theme called "Snah i nju standard" from the Begynnelser theater play.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  17. Phoots Flower

@otherdemon
    Yes. Begynnelser 1:54:10
    https://vimeo.com/214625536

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  18. ffbernie

nice trainspotting...but I am hugely confused by this Begynnelser thing...its great but it seems there are different versions ? For instance I do not have this song on my (digital) version of the record. Does anyone know if the 2 x 10 inch is really all the music from the play ? I hate missing out on stuff

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  19. nicoot

Does anyone know when The Light Fantastic will be shipped (when ordered through the MP website)? I've ordered it about two weeks ago, but no shipping notification as of yet. Not being impatient, just want to be kept informed Cheers

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  20. otherdemon

@ffbernie: It's the same music on both the CD + 2x10" Begynnelser.
    However, the DVD of the play has some extra tracks + reworked versions of what's
    on the CD/10".

I'm still waiting for the studio versions of Buggi i ti and Røykebur.
    Those were the only "traditional" songs featured in Begynnelser. And they
    deserve a better fate than being buried inside that play, IMHO.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  21. ffbernie

@otherdemon : thanks for the reply...but how come you know the name of the non recorded tracks im intrigued...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  22. Supersonic Scientist

@nicoot
    In-store orders via Crispin G was said to be avail from the 25/10, so I'd presume they're being shipped early this week

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  23. otherdemon

@ffbernie: They were named in the DVD credits
    You can see them in the Vimeo link that Phoots
    Phlower posted.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  24. shakti

Did anyone get theirs from the webshop yet? I can wait, just want to know if they've started to trickle out.

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. nicoot

@shakti I've seen some pics of carton boxes in the Motorpsycho facebook group today, so I assume they've started to drop in mailboxes. Still waiting for mine as well... (Belgium) See https://www.facebook.com/groups/2364040918/

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. TAF

Mine has arrived!

No download link however, so since I'm turntabley challenged at the moment I can't hear it. D:

Looks nice though!

Posted 1 week ago #
  27. nicoot

@TAF What country do you live in? Still no shipping notification here. I can certainly wait, but just starting to wonder what's (not) happening... Bob LeBad's message on the official website (from 4 November) says "The Light Fantastic should be in the mail for most of you who’ve ordered it off the web store by now". I assume there'll be 2 more weeks between shipping notification and the package actually arriving in my mailbox... /end of whining/

Posted 1 day ago #
  28. kjellepelle

it also says

ou all need to know that the Motorpsychodelic Shop is a one-(wo)man operation and that items like this one are incredibly popular so there is a huge number of orders to process right now. Since there are quite a few other every day office matters that need our attention too, this means that no, we are not quick – but we’re thorough, and all of you will get your orders as fast as we are able to process them.

Posted 1 day ago #
  29. trylleball

I've had it for about a week now and I like it a lot. The two new songs are catchy and well crafted pop/prog tunes, and certainly more than mere "EP throwaway" tracks. It's also nice to hear some of the older songs again, some of them I haven't heard in maybe 10 years or so. Here in this setting, it almost sounds like a fresh pop album!

Oh and the booklet makes for a very amusing read. All in all a brilliant package

Posted 1 day ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.