Granny takes a trip
    Song for a bro
    Uberpelgrim
    Psychotzar
    > Hogwash > Spin x 3 > Hogwash
    Mountain (it was massive)

On a plate (was a request song)
    Happy birthday Reine
    May Blitz - For Mad Men Only (Reine sang it)
    Fools Gold

Duration: 2h50

What an evening ! A superb setlist.
    And what a strange location. It felt like the local school gym (but with a bar).Somewhere in the middle of nowhere in a small village.
    It seemed that there were a lot locals attending the show. There weren’t a lot of people. I guess 100 - 150 max.

Fun fact: the girls from Hedvig Mollestad Trio were standing in front of us. They are doing a show tomorrow in the Sojo in Leuven, Belgium.

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. supernaut

New song (Reine sang it)

you can't just put that here with no further explanations!?!

how was it? you sure it's a new song or maybe a cover of sorts?

Posted 1 week ago #
  3. Mo

The song with Reine on vocals was a cover. I didn't get the name of the band, however.
    I thought Bent said they were British-Canadian. (The writing on the setlist is quite sloppy, but i think it says "4 mad men"). Anyway, bernie was there, so he probably taped it.

Hey Jane was on the setlist right after No Evil, but they didn't play it, they skipped the first encore ('jig is up') as well. Fools Gold is not written on the setlist.

The band was on stage from about ten past eight until eleven o'clock sharp.

I thought both Hogwash and Mountain were awesome.

Posted 1 week ago #
  4. Tomcat

Merci pour les nouvelles, c'était May Blitz je croix:

https://youtu.be/34G5Ie_HOCg

Posted 1 week ago #
  5. Mo

Merci pour les nouvelles, c'était May Blitz je croix:

https://youtu.be/34G5Ie_HOCg

Yes, I think this is it.

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. fillmore

Wow. Belgium strikes again.

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. BronYAur

May Blitz - For Mad Men Only!

Wow, brilliant cover song!
    It's a pity this will probably be only a birthday "una tantum"!

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. Thomas

I put up a piece of May Blitz as a video snippet on Instagram. You find me there as @thowelsch

As always Belgium kept the promises. I love to follow the band here and no matter how strange a place seems it will always be special. Huge venue, which you never expect by looking at it from the outside and only few people. I was able to congratulate Reine before the show. Also learned a lot by talking to Bernie, who taped the concert. Thanks for letting me know more about the sound specifications on MP shows.
    Highlights were the noisy, jazzy and finally smooth jam in Manmower and the extended version of Song for a Bro. You guys would have loved that! The one hour lasting flow starting with Psychotzar going into Hogwash, leading into a very dark version of Spin (very special) back into Hogwash and without a stop into incredible Mountain was the best I heard for a long time!
    I love this band

Posted 1 week ago #
  9. supernaut

haha May Blitz, awesome.

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. JERO

Thanks for the link to May Blitz, a discovery for me, one of those bands of the proto hardrock era MP seems to love so much, and getting to know so much interesting (vintage) rockbands is one of the great extra's you get by getting deeply into MP! Rock history class by professor's Bent & Snah (since 1989) ! This Belgium gig seems to have been special indeed, looking forward to some Bernie clips! What is it that makes their gigs in Belgium so special? The locations, the crowds, the weather? (don't tell me it's the fries with Belgian mayonaise)

Posted 1 week ago #
  11. Rats Nest

Hey Jane was on the setlist right after No Evil, but they didn't play it

Bent broke a string on his bass(!) five minutes into No Evil. Therefore they skipped it 😭

Posted 1 week ago #
  12. ffbernie

working on the vids...

Posted 1 week ago #
  13. ThorEgil

Hey Jane was on the setlist right after No Evil, but they didn't play it
    Bent broke a string on his bass(!) five minutes into No Evil. Therefore they skipped it 😭

So Morten didn't manage to replace the string while he played this time?

Posted 1 week ago #
  14. Phoots Flower

@ffbernie
    Yeahhh thanks!!!

Posted 1 week ago #
  15. Rats Nest

So Morten didn't manage to replace the string while he played this time?

Nope. Bent didn’t change bass during No Evil.

Posted 1 week ago #
  16. Thomas

Granny ist online. Thank´s Bernie

Posted 1 week ago #
  17. Blashyrkh

Thank you Bernie !

Posted 1 week ago #
  18. beton

This show was phenomenal.
    Loved the sound, loved the venue (in a weird way), loved the set list. All extremely unexpected!
    Probably the best time I've seen them!

I really hope Bernie has a recording of The Mountain - the highlight of the evening for me.

Thanks for the other clips!

Posted 1 week ago #
  19. ffbernie

hey guys, most of it is online ! ive reached my upload limit so the rest will have to wait a week..;enjoy x bernie

Posted 5 days ago #
  20. Blashyrkh

Thank you very much @bernie

Posted 5 days ago #
  21. JERO

Thanks very much again, Bernie, you deserve the Nobel prize for ehm...rock video making ?! By the way I came across some of your other work and your 'lego-world'"where would we be without...(profession)" movies are so fantastically slapstick fun! Keep keepin'on!

Posted 5 days ago #
  22. ffbernie

@Jero..ha thanks!!! yeah your not supposed to see that stuff its for work...but i cant manage to keep it seperate on my vimeo site where all of you guys go...in my mind everyone should just watch on the motorpsychodelicclips page...but there you go my actors reel is also on vimeo..;check that out for some slapstick

Posted 5 days ago #
  23. JERO

@ffbernie; GOED WERK, MAN !

Posted 5 days ago #
  24. supernaut

Nobel prize for ehm...rock video making

I second that.

Posted 4 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.