• Started 8 months ago by ffbernie
  • Latest reply from ffbernie

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ffbernie

hmmm...I guess no one has checked the official news for a while

Posted 8 months ago #
  2. Juergen

Wow, old Shows from the 90's uploaded on the internet on video! This is really exciting news though I am more an audio nerd and not so much into videos.

Thank you for all your effort!!

Posted 8 months ago #
  3. Blashyrkh

Wow that's awesome !

Bedankt Bernie !

Posted 8 months ago #
  4. Tomcat

Wow, eeeerm - Mieaaauw!!

That sounds promising. What a nice way to lift more of the vault but not put too much hassle into it making it an "official release" ... well thanks so much for the effort Bernie. Guess we would not be able to see that material without you.

Posted 8 months ago #
  5. BronYAur

I did checked, and I did spread!

Posted 8 months ago #
  6. Devotional

Fantastic news!!!

Posted 8 months ago #
  7. Hans Boller

Wow, unbelievable! Being a Motorpsycho fan is really amazing as new (or in this case rather old) awsome stuff keeps on popping up constantly!

Posted 8 months ago #
  8. Punj Lizard

Amazing work - thanks Bernie

Posted 8 months ago #
  9. fillmore

Should be exciting to learn if we get new recordings, i.e. previously uncirculated gigs, that way. However, I'd rather see them digging into the vault of soundboard tapes for an archival release every six months or so.

Posted 8 months ago #
  10. kjellepelle

However, I'd rather see them digging into the vault of soundboard tapes for an archival release every six months or so.

Oh yes, but the problem is that it takes time and I know they want to use their time to do new stuff.

Posted 8 months ago #
  11. Mark

I have several VHS tapes somewhere in a box. Another psychonaut gave them to me (I forgot his username on this forum).
    Bernie, would you like to have them? I'll send them to you on my expense.

Posted 8 months ago #
  12. fillmore

Oh yes, but the problem is that it takes time and I know they want to use their time to do new stuff.

Have someone else do it! The canon of highlight shows is fairly established so there needn't be much searching for the right shows to publish in the beginning. Some audio tweaking maybe, but keep it raw and pure and put them out via a download-only solution. Compare livedownloads.com

Posted 8 months ago #
  13. ffbernie

hey mark, that would be great...email me at ffbernie@gmail.com

Posted 8 months ago #
  14. Phoots Flower

@Mark @Bernie
    AWESOME !!!!
    I love you

Posted 8 months ago #
  15. ffbernie

check out the cool countdown clock http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/

Posted 7 months ago #
  16. Devotional

Can't wait for this! Beyond excited!

Posted 7 months ago #
  17. Devotional

Just a few hours to go now...

Posted 6 months ago #
  18. suntripper

Hmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnghoofff...uh!

Posted 6 months ago #
  19. ffbernie

hey guys...about the VHS archive...Ill just post a show here every two weeks on wednesday night. You can also check the RECENT UPLOAD page on the motorpsychodelicclips page so you dont have to go looking for it (although that would be fun) x bernie

Posted 6 months ago #
  20. ffbernie

Enjoy....Cafe Glocksee, Hannover, DE 04-05-97 http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/261

Posted 6 months ago #
  21. otherdemon

Hell yeah, thank you for this one Bernie. 1997 might actually be my favorite MP live year.
    Oslo, Berlin & Deventer from that year are mindblowing, so this one (with great sound!)
    will be a welcome addition

Posted 6 months ago #
  22. supernaut

that STG!!!

Posted 6 months ago #
  23. The Other Anders

A neat two camera job with good sound. I wish they would go back to stage lights like this. Love that embryonic Superstooge, only third time played. Also early versions of Vortex Surfer and Dr. Hofmann's Bicycle, a radical middle section in Un Chien and a very rare Sterling Says only played this one time in 1997 and again once in 2013. Great find!

Posted 6 months ago #
  24. shakti

Just got through the first hour of this, and my mind has left my body...or the other way around. What a treasure! This is Motorpsycho very close to what I consider their peak...just rattling off one classic after another. That section that goes STG/Vortex Surfer/Chien/Manmower...ridiculous! Show me any other band who can put together something like that, and still have a ton of epics to go. Maybe Pink Floyd at their peak (live '75, before WIsh You Were Here was even released, everyone came to hear all of Dark Side of the Moon which they got, but were treated to not just one, but *two* (almost) full classic albums before that (WYWH and Animals). That's the only other example I can think of. Motorpsycho were completely in the zone around that time.

Posted 6 months ago #
  25. JERO

Amazing material, and fun to watch with Snah looking like Don Van Vliet (but thinner) and Bent like Cousin It and Geb like well ehm, Geb that athlete of the Vikingboat drums. Uh oh, last minutes ticking away right now on the countdown clock, everybody get the fireworks ready!

Posted 6 months ago #
  26. supernaut

That's an amazing Chien! Not even sure if I prefer it to the more current versions. The build up nowadays is sheer madness but this ol' one here has something more brutal to it.

The count is down but erm... what am I missing out on? It all looks like it did before, doesn't it?

Posted 6 months ago #
  27. JERO

@supernaut I imagine all of us psychonauts counting down the last 10 seconds aloud and then.....nothing/all ! Made me laugh out loud, this is Motorpsycho, the greatest band in the world and yet sometimes so modest. Guess it was up to us to perform some private ritual, so I opened a big bottle of beer, shook out some extra long hairs and did not clip my beard. Obladi, oblada!

Posted 6 months ago #
  28. Tomcat

I guess you just have to click "recent uploads" to see whats new - if technically possible it would be cool to give the VHS archive an own page or jump mark or sth. like that. It should be honoured and easy to find

*Updated after seing the tape*
    Personal trivia: Holy moly! Great find, you made an unexpected "personal" present Bernie and there are at least two fellow Hannover/Cologne Psychonauts who will feel the same I knew the 1995 and 1996 videos but didn't know this one. A full show soundboard source of that mp period! Glocksee '97 was my third mp concert after the two years before, they did double nights on that tour in some cities due to the growing demand for tickets. I am really excited to be able to travel back in time now Bernie. The Glocksee guys were pretty passionate with their filming (Danke Holger). Glad that the vault opens up after only 20+ years and we are able to get more high quality material of this so far painfully under-represented era. RWI is not enough Christmas came early this year: made to be played loud - beware of the moog!

Posted 6 months ago #
  29. mikke

Really, really nice! Great sound too! Superthanks!

Posted 6 months ago #
  30. ffbernie

#Tomcat : read my last post Yes the easiest way is to check via RECENT UPLOADS it was too much hassle to create a seperate page sorry. Im mostly a video geek and not a web developer so I try to keep it all simple. All the upcoming shows come from a box the band handed me...SO no need to thank me ...I just upload them. Enjoy x Bernie

Posted 6 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.