Motorpsycho DB

(40 posts)
  • Started 4 weeks ago by Blashyrkh
  • Latest reply from Blashyrkh

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Blashyrkh

Hi Guys,

Like I said in the songs stats thread, I'm working on a website that collects all the setlists of our favourite band
    I already have the basis of this site: you can check it out over here mpdb.space

It's going to be a massive work, because I have to put in all the setlists manually. All the songs are already in the database (thanks Vegard for the dampsaba export). Now I just have to create the setlist, add location and year and connect the existing songs to it.

At this moment there aren't much gigs added. But you'll get the idea of this project...

If there are volunteers who are willing to help? Please feel free to get in touch with me I could use a couple of hands.

Functionalities at this moment:
    - Check setlist
    - Filter setlist (country, city, venue)
    - Check song detail and see on which gigs it was played.

What's in the pipeline:
    - More filters (like year, ... )
    - More information per song (live video's, maybe if people are interested the guitar tab)
    - More information per gig (tour name, you can already add this in the backend, but it isn't shown yet).
    - Statistics page (how many times songs are played, most played venues, ...) - all this data will be generated automatically.

Please keep in mind that the current layout is still shitty :p I wanted the see if all the functionalities will work and if that's okay, I'll start to improve the layout.

If you have any feedback or cool ideas, let me know

Thanks !

Dennis

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  2. Juergen

This is exactly a database many people are looking for.

Have you already sent an email to me? I have a word file with all setlists and tour dates and I have sent it to everyone who asked for it.

I am willing to check out the correctness of setlists. I can manually add setlists, too and I hope that it is not difficult (technically speaking).

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  3. Blashyrkh

@Juergen, that's great I will sent you an e-mail later on this day.
    Well, I can say that it's very very easy to add a setlist.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  4. crossskip

User accounts with the option to select which concerts you've been to would be awesome! Then you would be able to see which songs you've already seen etc. (similair to Setlist.fm)

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  5. Blashyrkh

@crossskip, yes that also a great idea. I will put that on my backlog.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. Johnny_Heartfield

The author of "Love The One You're With", played at UFFA Trondheim on 08 November 1991 is of course Stills, not Crosby as stated. Always willing to help

What a gig though - half of the material seems to be CSN / Young stuff. Any recordings around?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. Blashyrkh

@Johnny, thanks It's updated! Indeed a awesome gig. A recording would be great, but I doubt it :p

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. kjellepelle

I dont know if this show ever got recorded (setlist or pics) or are added in the database. must have been in 94 or 95

Wasnt in the tour schedule. The band had some time off and wanted to play an accoustic show downstairs at Gibbys/Vera Groningen. A great time was had by all if I remember correctly.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. ThorEgil

6th of June was a Monday in '94

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. Vegard B. Havdal

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  11. Juergen

@ kjellepelle

Many thanks for this tour date. The show was not recorded and there it is not mentionend in this Forum or Website, either.

There were a few days off between June 5th 1994 (show in Utrecht) and June 9th 1994 (next show in Aalborg). There were no days off in 1995 because the Motorpsycho members played a Tussler Show on June 7th 1995 in Trondheim.

Can you remember any songs of this show which could be added to our (forthcoming) database?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  12. kjellepelle

No sorry, either to busy doing merch (or drinking beer). But I will try do dig up the old tour itineraries and check out the dates.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  13. Blashyrkh

Update:
    - added all the gigs from 1992.
    - year filter

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  14. Blashyrkh

Update: when you click on a song, you're able to see when that song is played for the first and last time.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  15. Johnny_Heartfield

Oh my - MP accountkeeper's hog heaven!

I guess the "latest played" entry updates automatically considering all entrys made so far? I can remember I heart "Sunshine Daydream" live a few times after 1993

Great Work!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. mister conclusion

Blashyrkh, thanks a lot for your work. Have you already figured out a way to save the song combos in the DB such as ÜberPilgrim or e.g. the fabulous Spin->Hog->Halleluhwah->Spin->Hog from Berlin this year?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  17. Un.Chien.d.Espace

fantastic idea!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  18. Blashyrkh

@Johnny correct ! I’m still werking on inputting all the setlist. It’s a lot of work When all the setlists are in the database, the latest played songs will be automatically updated.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  19. Blashyrkh

@mister conclusion, Überpelgrim will be considered as one song. Don’t know yet how I’m going to handle the hog-spin-wash thingies. It’s probably going to be one song due to the complexity

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  20. JERO

file under 'Hogspinwash thingy' 'Wheelmower thingy' , '4 Madhamster thingy' and so on

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  21. Mark

@kjellepelle: I was at that Downstage gig in Vera. It was great. A very cosy gig with everyone sitting around the band. A very fond memory.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  22. Juergen

@ Mark, do you have any more memories like songs which were played or length of the show? Was it all acoustic?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  23. Mark

No man, sorry... It's 25 bloody years ago, I can't believe it!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  24. Blashyrkh

Question: What should be do with songs like "You Lied" and "Walking on Water", "Song for a Bro" and "Whip that Ghost"? They are actually the same songs, but they were named differently during the years on theirs setlists. Should be use the official names: Walking on Water and Whip that Ghost?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  25. Johnny_Heartfield

I think here begins your freedom and your responsibility. Choose one of the possible titles as your standard and add the other one in brackets, like "Song for A Bro" ("Whip That Ghost"). I think even MP themselves change between the alternatives sometimes (and invent new ones - remember "Adolf Hissler?", so it is up to you to set a standard.

Same with segues / combinations of several songs - set a standard and use it throughout. Consequence is important - otherwise you'll be knee deep in the mud soon. No promblem nameing a sequence "Hogmountspinwash" as long as you always use that word to refer to the same sequence. Choose the name in a way that any other Psychonaut will be able to identify the songs included and ideally the sequence they are appearing in.(Been reeding a lot of Umberto Ecos standard book on names and references lately, so trust me, I know what I'm talking about )

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  26. Blashyrkh

Okay, you got a point over there. Ofcourse we must be consequent in the namings. So we are going to choose the naming like on the official records. You Lied will be Walking on Water, ...

Hogmountspinwash will be used and in the song description will be:
    Hogwash > Moutain > Spin Spin Spin > Hogwash so that everyone will understand what that song is.

Thanks for your input Johnny_Heartfield.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  27. TAF

Maybe songs should be registered differently depending on if they were performed in their entirety or as a part of a jam in another song?

So the entry for a song might be something like:

GO TO CALIFORNIA:
    - X complete performances
    - Z partial performances

Where the "partial" performances would link to the times it was performed within ...Cornucopia, was it?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  28. Punj Lizard

May I suggest that whatever systems you choose (and I agree with those above who say rigorous consistency is imperative), it would be really helpful to include a clear description of the systems so that users can navigate and comprehend more easily and precisely.

I'm in awe of all the work you're putting into this project. Thank you so much.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  29. Blashyrkh

Alright guys, thanks for the input.

I also did a major update on the website. Some more statistics are shown on the website.
    And you are also able to see which songs (and the total number) you've heard if you add gigs to your account.

You can only add gigs if your logged in.
    When all the setlists are added, I will open the registration for public. But that's still going to take a while, because it's a lot of work to add them all.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  30. Vegard B. Havdal

Blashyrkh, are you able to easily export all your data again in the future from this site?

Posted 2 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.