Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho DB

(40 posts)
  • Started 4 weeks ago by Blashyrkh
  • Latest reply from Blashyrkh

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Blashyrkh

@Vegard, I guess that shouldn't be a problem. Why?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  2. Vegard B. Havdal

Always OK to have a way to take your data and migrate away when using site generators like that. Companies get shut down, go crazy etc...

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  3. Blashyrkh

Yes, true

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  4. Vegard B. Havdal

We're going to close dampsaba when you are done with this of course, no need to have the old unmaintained and outdated app running.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  5. Blashyrkh

Alright.

But it's still going to take a while when this is done.
    I'm now going to start on year 1997

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  6. cloudhawker

Oh don't you worry about the time it takes. I think you have progressed quickly through most of those glorious 90's. We have waited decades for something like this so give or take a few weeks... Grateful, not impatient, is the word that covers what I'm thinking. Cudos.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  7. Blashyrkh

Small update about the progress: We've already put +400 gigs into the database.

The functionality of having your own "account" to add your attended setlists is ready. But it will be open for public if all the setlist are added. You'll be able to see which songs and how many times and where you've heard it.
    I've also updated the Stats page with countries and cities.
    You can also sort the songs on the song page.

About the layout: this is the first layout. When all the gigs are added, the layout will probably change slightly to improve the user experience.

Quick question: does anyone know what the song "Swiss Cheese Mountain" is?
    It was played on the following gig: https://mpdb.space/gig/1997/05/18/geneva-ptr/

I know that "Swiss Cheese Mountain" is a part of Hell, but is that the same song they've played in 1997?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  8. Johnny_Heartfield

Ha - wrong thread. Just wanted to post my impressions of the wonderful Maelström clip here Think first, write second Johnny!

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  9. bionaut

Thank you very much for taking on this project @Blashyrkh!

I have been way too busy to watch this site closely, so please excuse me if the following questions/ideas have already been considered...

I would love to see container fields for images. One field would suffice, but it would be great to have one field for setlist images, one field for gig posters, and one field for live images. Another consideration is a field to hold a URL for one or more external sites with images already posted.

I would also love to see a field with info about recordings made for each show.

One technical question, how many tables are involved in this database?

Finally, one other similar site to consider for ideas is the Black Crowes site... http://www.crowesbase.com

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. Blashyrkh

Hi @Bionaut, the extra fields for images won't be a problem. But there can be an issue if we use these images on the website. We must have the rights of the photographer to put the images on the website. I have to check it out what's legally possible

There will be a field to see if there is a recording available. The field isn't visible yet, but it's already there

The number of tables: many tables (about 70) - it's a custom Wordpress website. But not all these tables contain data for the songs, gigs, ... that's about 5 or 6 tables.

I will check out the Black Crowes website for some idea. Thanks !

At this moment, we are working at high speed on this website. Already 740 gigs in the database. Still need to do 300, but we're getting there

If everything is ready, everyone can have an account to add there attended gigs to their account. Then you'll be able to see which songs you've heard and some other cool statistics.

This website is a project that will grow continiously. Hopefully there won't be any errors, but if there are, please let us now. Later on this week, I'll add an "Error" button on the gig detail page. If there's an error, just click on it and we'll fix it.

Posted 5 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.