Camp Motorpsycho » General

Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014

(50 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Pitje007

Hi fellow Psychonauts!

Appearantly there´s a new Motorpsycho live record out on Devil's Child records, recorded at Freak Valley Festival 2014. On presale right now...

Limited to 100 copies and 30 (so-called) test pressings, but only shipping to the US unfortunately...

Here´s the link and good luck:
    https://devilschildrecords.bigcartel.com/product/motorpsycho-cloudwalkers

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. Johnny_Heartfield

To me that looks like a bootleg rip-off. Audience recording, later remixed/remastered and sold as "limited edition exclusively in the USA".
    I'd rather stick to the excellent audience recording of that gig from DIME - probably the same source. Keep it free, keep it non-commercial - don't rip off bands and tapers!

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. Pitje007

All other records from the label are official, there´s a Mos Generator record with similar artwork, and it´s an "official bootleg" according to the band´s bandcamp site...

Maybe we´ll hear from Motorpsycho soon if it´s official or not. But you´re right, if it´s not legit, I´d stick to DIME.

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. TheVoid

Anyone here from the USA who would buy a copy and send it over to Germany for me?
    So disappointed that they only ship to the US ...

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. Pitje007

I went through "Shipito", they create a U.S. shipping adress and then ship it to you. There´re a couple similar sites if you don´t find someone in the US...

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. Krist Rampage

I can’t imagine Motorpsycho cooparating with putting out a record that ships only to the USA. Would make no sense at all.

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. Krist Rampage

They spelled Reine’s name wrong. Twice.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. Tomcat

It looks strange indeed, but still tempting as long as the band agrees with the release (?) I asked via FB if the label can give details on the audio source... still missing a contact in the US though to make it a "reasonable deal". Hope there will be more details coming up.

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. Krist Rampage

Sold out.

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. Pitje007

Sold out already. My fault...didn´t see the last post...

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. Tomcat

Mist. It seems to be legit and not sourced by the known audience recording :-/ So - how about another 100 copies for Europe?!

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. Krist Rampage

On the site you can find the lp in the category bootlegs.

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. Spacebandit

Hmmm, I wonder why it's not released on Rockfreaks records...I asked Jens from FVF for
    the soundboard to mix it with my audience recording (which is most likely the bootleg
    offered) but he declined to give it to me. So, if I don't get it, why should an unknown
    american get it??? FINGER WEG! And - fucking shit! My recordings are ALWAYS for free.
    That shit seriously damages my good stand as a reliable taper!
    Pfui, schämt Euch ihr geldgeilen Arschlöcher!!!

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. cjacob

Lets hope they release this on Rockfreaks to.

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. supernaut

why bother if it's free on dime? why throw money at someone who might not be involved with the band?

and what spacebandit wrote.

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. cjacob

In my opinion torrents sucks. I want vinyl. And Motorpsycho know Tony who made this. And the release is ok by the band.

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. Tomcat

Word is the source is different to the known torrent / audience recording, most likely soundboard (from the FV crew?). It is unfortunate to only press 100 copies US-exclusive, there is a high demand for mp live vinyl besides Roadwork. Why no European Rockfreak release? There are many records of FV concerts, the one by Causa Sui f.e. is legendary A "best of double album" of the mp show would be just fine

Posted 4 months ago #
  18. supernaut

And Motorpsycho know Tony who made this. And the release is ok by the band.

Posted 4 months ago #
  19. Spacebandit

So, if it is confirmed that the band did agree Tony Reed doing this, it's ok and
    I'll take back every assault from my former mail.
    But I'm very dissapointed to see just a snippet of the show. Why no 2-3 LP set?
    Too expensive? And, ok, in the US of A - nobody really knows them except for some
    psychonautic explorers. Anyway, I'm still rather sucked about this "release".
    Set it free for all. Even a vinyl rip would do, as I already see that bumping up on
    ebay or other sellers for a horrible price.

Posted 4 months ago #
  20. ThorEgil

Where is that confirmation from the band that they are OK with this release? The bootleggers didn't even bother to check that the names were spelled OK.

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. Johnny_Heartfield

Of course vinyl is something special. And some artists tolerate/support irregular/semi-official "bootleg" releases. Julian Cope even sold versions of an "unofficial" Italian release on his website. But that's something different...

Anyway - the "value" of this product lies more or less in the vinyl edition. As long as they're not mass distributed and there are free available sources of this gig this might be o.k. - if it is with the Band still isn't clear for me.

Let us throw our money together and buy/hire a pressing plant! We could co-finance (non-commercially, fans only) a vast edition of otherwise freely available, good sounding, exclusive and limited Motorpsycho records with much better artwork. Of course this would have to be ok'd by the band - but as long as we don't make money (just self-supporting co-operative sharing) and probably deliver some samples of each album to Trondheim, this probably shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway - much this would be much better than these dubious releases...

Posted 4 months ago #
  22. Tomcat

I'd be in for that. Double LP of FV 2014 Kenneth-era cut with the official source.

As follow up a Matrix 2-LP of LEIPZIG 2019 (A = Crucible, B = Mountain, C = Starhammer, D = Tower).

If this works fine I'd vote for a third release based on LEUVEN 2019 (Bernie + source by the band?)
    A = Lacuna Spacerise, B = Laguna Landing + Überpilgrim, C = A Pacific Sonata (!), D = Fools Gold (!). This show could easily make a Triple LP as well. As does Bremen Schlachthof 2017 of course

Posted 4 months ago #
  23. Johnny_Heartfield

Ok - let's start editing Shame the name Fantasy Records is gone already (CCR, as far as I know)...

Posted 4 months ago #
  24. asamford23

this has the full story behind the release...

https://www.mettlemediapr.com/2020/02/22/devils-child-records-reveals-live-bootleg-series-2-motorpsycho-cloudwalkers-freak-valley-festival-may-31st-2014/#more-449

I get that it's frustrating not to be able to get the LP outside of the US, but, at least you guys in Europe get to see them regularly, and don't have to pay high shipping fees to get most of the cool limited special releases. Can't us stateside fans just have this ONE?

Posted 4 months ago #
  25. kjellepelle

The major "problem" with this release it is that it mainly got to a few people (who bought multiple copies) and is based in Europe. That kinda defeat the purpose.

Posted 4 months ago #
  26. Johnny_Heartfield

The release seems to be alright. I've got no problem with that, especially after downloading the excellent DIME-version of this gig.
    Next time better check to sell only 2-3 copies to each buyer with such a limited number of albums available.

Posted 4 months ago #
  27. fillmore

Really hard to believe that Bent approved this but even so amazing that he did

Posted 4 months ago #
  28. The Other Anders

I think this way of doing things is utter bullshit. It kills the joy of collecting. And no, I don't see why you stateside fans shall have this ONE. It's not like the European releases are Europe only, is it? Why only stateside fans? Especially today when it's all over the internet in a split second. "Let's see your pics once this hits your turn table!". Hrmf.

Posted 4 months ago #
  29. pfft

It kills the joy of collecting.

Not at all! This is what collecting is all about
    If you really - I mean really - wanted this release, you should be able to if you moved fast enough. Either by getting in touch with an acquaintance/contact in the States (and who doesn't have that in this day and age?), or by using one of the virtual mailbox services. I'm from Norway, and I had no problem in securing myself a copy. I'll be sure to post some pics when I receive it

Posted 4 months ago #
  30. Tomcat

Well, it would have been nice to spread the news a little earlier so people could have organized combined-orders and check that mentioned mailservice. The bootleg was sold out the same day and the info on the audio source was very vague + no-one was sure if the band is fine with this release. (mp fans are very loyal!)

Hearing now people could order multiple (...) copies gives it an even more bitter taste since it will be sold at high prices of which neither the Devils' Children nor the band will profit. Very unsatisfying in the end

I hope the Rockfreaks (Freak Valley Label) will be allowed and willed to release the concert on their label - there must be someone talented to mix this with passion. Long live vinyl!

Posted 4 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.