Camp Motorpsycho » General

Pulsator

(26 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by cloudhawker
  • Latest reply from Animathor

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. cloudhawker

Pulsator box. Another unique, limited edition, collaborating little thingy out there for any art-minded fellas with a little bit of money to spare. Prints look quite nice tho

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. David

Looks interesting. Is the music available somewhere already? Or is there more info about it?

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. ThorEgil

The music is available with the film when you buy the box.

See a presentation and a teaser here animathor.no

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. TheVoid

I already ordered mine - shipping cost to Germany are brutal though !!!!

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. David

The music is available with the film when you buy the box.

See a presentation and a teaser here animathor.no

Looking forward to it. It seems like a soft-pouring-like technique using stuff like silicon or coconut oil to create the cells in liquid acrylic.

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. Animathor

Yes David you’re right. I used acrylic pouring techniques for making parts of the movie. I used Liquitex pouring medium and mixed in the color with a small amount of silicone. This technique was used mostly for the first «organic» part. For the rest of the film I used other painting methods like brushes, rollers, stencils, collage etc. - shooting the process frame by frame. Afterwards the resulting clips were treated in AfterEffects to get a more fluid movement before they were layered in Final Cut. The fished film was afterwards handed over to Motorpsycho for making the soundtrack. The painting process is documented on a short «making of» included in box. You can see an extract of it in instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B79iRxBpr-m/?igshid=1aawmtuwgy60r

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. David

Thanks Thor, looking great! I played a little bit with soft pouring (used here https://www.behance.net/gallery/76150493/DES-YEUX-artwork) but it's too random and messy for me, it requires skills I'm not ready to learn yet...

Very much looking forward to receiving the box!

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. nicoot

Anyone got any idea when we can expect this thingy? Released in January 2020 according to Discogs (https://www.discogs.com/Thor-Sivertsen-Pulsator/release/14682956), but since it only appeared in the MP shop 3 weeks ago...

Posted 3 months ago #
  9. David

Same, very curious about the whole package and the music made for it.

Posted 3 months ago #
  10. TheVoid

Has anybody received the box yet?
    I even did not get any mail after ordering it, tried to contact via the webshop but do not get any answer ...

Posted 3 months ago #
  11. knoot

Bought it directly from Thor, some months ago.

K

Posted 3 months ago #
  12. Animathor

Copied from Motorpsychos Facebook site:

Recently we’ve recieved an overwhelming number of orders and for that we are ever so grateful and humbeled. Thank you!
    This also means that shipping it all takes time. Especially for a tiny little webshop like ours. Thank you for your patience!
    Stay sane+safe.

So I guess you who have ordered the box just have to wait.

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. TheVoid

Thanks for the info - so I'll keep being patient ...

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. mister conclusion

I have ordered the box on the 7th of June and got an order receipt via Email, no other confirmations. The box has arrived today in Germany. Looks beautiful. Haven't watched anything yet but the artwork (1 signed and numbered print, 1 picture in a cardboard frame and 1 little cut out from a print) looks nice.

@TheVoid and others: Don't give up, you should get the box soon.

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. David

Ordered on May 28, it finally arrived today in Brussels.
    Beautiful package, carefully crafted.

Some pics of the prints I got :
    https://twitter.com/davidcrunelle/status/1288409809465868288?s=20

Haven't watched the movie yet but really cool to have the making-of as well. Nice stuff overall.

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. nicoot

@David, weird... I live in Ghent and still haven't received it...

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. David

@nicoot a fellow psychonaut from Brussels, where I live too, received his box two weeks before me. I imagine they are shipping only a couple at a time.

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. nicoot

That's reassuring haha, okay thanks for the info. Maybe a nice Christmas present to myself then

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. TheVoid

Still nothing here in Germany (ordered May 28th) and no answering to several mails I wrote ... boy, only thing keeping me calm is that I do not seem to be the only one still waiting. I do not have any problem with waiting, but a short lifesign would have been really nice.

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. staaleaf

I got my box just a week ago or something, so keep the faith.
    (I live in Norway, btw).

Posted 1 month ago #
  21. TheVoid

Keeping the faith helped ... I received my box last Saturday. I really love the design and the art, but I think Motorpsycho's music only works in combination with the film and not standalone.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  22. nicoot

Still nothing here... Keeping my ears warm with the amazing new album in the meantime...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  23. otherdemon

Ordered this one yesterday from the MP webshop.

Will be waiting patiently by the mailbox

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  24. nicoot

Starting to kind of lose my patience here. Ordered this on May 28th ffs. How can I get in touch? Is motorpsycho at online dot no still active?

Posted 6 days ago #
  25. otherdemon

I actually received my box last week.

Unfortunately I think there's something wrong with the USB card. Tried putting it into
    the memory card reader, but the USB just won't read, no matter what I try. So I haven't
    been able to see/hear any of the content so far.

A damn shame, because the design/packaging is exquisite.

Posted 6 days ago #
  26. Animathor

Hi Otherdemon. Sorry to hear that something is wrong with your usb-card. I can send you a replacement and/or mail you the files. I need your name/street address etc. + your mail. Send it to thor dot sivertsen at ntebb dot no and I will help you out.

Thor

Posted 6 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.