Camp Motorpsycho » General

RIP Torsten Walker

(11 posts)
  • Started 4 weeks ago by fillmore
  • Latest reply from Devotional

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fillmore

Torsten Walker passed away a few days ago due to cancer. Torsten was very active in our community in the 90s and early 00s, the g35 days. He devoted his time to maintaining a live recordings archive, being a webmaster and traveling to many MP shows. He withdrew from travelling to MP gigs in the early 00s. The last time I met him might have been either at the Stickman Fest in Hamburg 2001 or during the "It's a Love Cult"-tour in Frankfurt am Main 2002, I can't remember exactly. However, I do remember him and his firm DIY-ethics very vividly and very fondly. Rest in peace!

Here is an orbituary on Regioactive.de [in German].

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  2. Tomcat

I spent some "roadworks" around 2002 with Torsten (Berlin -> Utrecht / Tilburg) and met him at a few other mp gigs around that time. Such a strong, pure, gentle and honest character. RIP and go on exploring the new, wherever you are

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  3. Tomcat

And thank you for "remembering" him here in the forum, Fillmore. It's important to pay respect and take a step back sometimes ...

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  4. r.i.p.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  5. David

I did trade bootlegs with him around 2002/2003, which was a huge part of the unforgettable memories of being a psychonaut back in the day. I thank him for that.
    RIP Torsten.

Also, fuck cancer.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  6. cjacob

RIP. THAT WAS SAD. FUCK CANCER.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  7. HeyJane

O no, that's so sad to hear...

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  8. Juergen

Oh dear, I can remember him very well, too. He offered me, The Other Anders and Øystein accomodation in May 2002 when Motorpsycho played in Mannheim. He stayed in my flat after a Motorpsycho show in Berlin, too (I can't remember the year).

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  9. Ratmaus

Oh man, that’s sad news. Beside his co-work with Vegard & co on these pages he should also be remembered for maintaining the fabulous (now long defunct) mpfamily.net, keeping track of ongoings in the extended Motorpsycho family – side projects, associates and whatnot for a few years. Sorely missed, but those years of archival work are still available via the Wayback Machine. RIP, Torsten.

(Edit: I do of course remember that certain people from the good, ol’ community have carried on that «family torch» for quite a while in various forms, but they’re fortunately still with us. )

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  10. pj

I remember Torsten as a very passionate music lover and gentle character, never afriad to state his opinion in a good way. First meet him during the 2001 MP autumn tour where we travelled from Bremen via Utrecht to Tilburg. Last meet him in Karlsruhe at a Swans show back in 2014. We remained in contact exchanging messages now and then. He mentioned his illness, but asked me to keep a lid on it. RIP Torsten.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  11. Devotional

So sorry to hear about Torsten. An MP-legend. Thanks for passing on the sad news. <3

Posted 1 week ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.