(225 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by Ozzak
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard

Tags:

1. supernaut

btw which genius created that gif?

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. Vegard B. Havdal

Winner of a fan art contest we had. https://motorpsycho.fix.no/comeonin/forums/topic.php?id=2685#post-14724

Posted 3 months ago #
  3. Punj Lizard

A little more info from Rune Grammofon about the new album

[SPOILER ALERT]

One would think that after the “Gullvåg Trilogy” - two double and a single album in a mere three years - this ultra productive trio might be in need of a break of sorts... but on the other hand, riding a golden wave like never before in their 30+ year existence, why stop now? Especially when constantly upping their own quality standards.
    The bulk of the album was recorded in France back before the pandemic, but was added to, expanded, tweaked and eventually finished last year. The initial idea was to collect big riffs on one album and do a pure hard rock record, but the objective changed along the way as they rediscovered their folkish bent and how this lighter touch gave it all a nice contrast. That said, the main musical thrust is pretty full-on, even by Motorpsycho standards.

Kingdom of Oblivion was mixed by Andrew Scheps and produced by Bent Sæther.
    Reine Fiske guests on several tracks.

Cover art is by Sverre Malling and cover design is by Håvard Gjelseth.

Posted 3 months ago #
  4. Aki

Ordered!!!

Posted 3 months ago #
  5. nicoot

But still no tracklist, aargh! (also: ordered!!!)

Posted 3 months ago #
  6. fco

nor single!😣

Posted 3 months ago #
  7. tkm

Limited edition available at big dipper now https://www.facebook.com/bigdipperoslo/posts/10164873374315646

Posted 3 months ago #
  8. Langbein

120 NOK extra just for a different colour? Am I missing something here?

Posted 3 months ago #
  9. Krist Rampage

At Rune Grammofon it is 150 NOK extra for the clear vinyl.

Posted 3 months ago #
  10. GBD

Tracklist:

Sporliste:

1. The Waning (pt. 1&2)
    2. Kingdom of Oblivion
    3. Lady May
    4. The United Debased
    5. The Watcher
    6. Dreamkiller
    7. Atet
    8. At Empire´s End
    9. The Hunt
    10. After The Fair
    11. The Transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker
    12. Cormorant

Posted 3 months ago #
  11. otherdemon

The Transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker has to be a strong
    contender for most pretentious MP song title ever

Apart from that, high hopes as usual for another hi quality
    Motorpsychodelic Trip.

Posted 3 months ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

When I saw the title The United Debased I remembered the band had played that and another new track at gigs last year. The other was titled The Hornet. I wonder what happened to that - maybe the title changed.

In any case, 12 new tracks should provide an interesting assortment to get stuck into. Can't wait.

Posted 3 months ago #
  13. fco

I see they moved from russian modernism to belgian surrealism.
    Love that photo. They look so... adult.

Posted 3 months ago #
  14. Punj Lizard

@fco - Hey, where did that image come from? I love it! And I'm getting increasingly excited about this album, but still over a month to wait! Where's the "single" already?

Posted 3 months ago #
  15. suntripper

Am my posts being banned?

Posted 3 months ago #
  16. suntripper

So I can post here but my comment on the other thread is not allowed?

Posted 3 months ago #
  17. suntripper

I am going to hope this is just a technical issue. Posted links many times before. Never a problem.

Posted 3 months ago #
  18. naur

@Punj: The image is from the frontpage of the Stickman Homepage.

Posted 3 months ago #
  19. Punj Lizard

@Naur - thanks

Posted 3 months ago #
  20. Bartok

Love the photo! Loved the last Russian photo! What a Nice approach to promophotos 💯❤️

Posted 3 months ago #
  21. marc

Yeah, René Magritte FTW!

Posted 3 months ago #
  22. marc

Is Bent sporting the old short LTEC/IALC era cut again or is it all cramped under the melon hat? Anyway, 12 tracks sounds like a rather versatile ride to me.

Posted 3 months ago #
  23. ThorEgil

@marc - No worries, still hairy as ever. Here's from yesterdays report in adressa.no about the new Grevene langs record label.

You need a subscription to read it, but I believe you should be able to see the picture.

Posted 3 months ago #
  24. ThorEgil

Posted 3 months ago #
  25. Krist Rampage

Their Clockwork Orange phase.

Posted 3 months ago #
  26. Punj Lizard

Sladky. Proper horrorshow.

Posted 3 months ago #
  27. fco

from EMP:

Mit dem scheppernd und knarzend vorwärts marschierenden, dabei erstaunlich melodischen „The warning, Pt. 1 & 2” stellen die Herrschaften aus Trondheim mal wieder spielend unter Beweis, wer die Könige des psychedelischen Noise-Hardrocks sind. Als ob wir das nicht alle längst wüssten. Um ihr Statement aber noch zu untermauern legen Motorpsycho mit dem majestätischen Titeltrack nach, der dann überraschend in das akustische, etwas an den Westcoast-Sound von Crosby, Stills & Nash erinnernde und mindestens ebenso geniale „Lady May 1” übergeht. Weitere Highlights eines atmosphärisch stimmigen, dabei immens abwechslungsreichen Longplayers mit viel Spät-Sixties- beziehungswiese Früh-Seventies-Feeling und doch von zeitlloser Schönheit gesegnet, sind das ebenso deftig riff-beladene, wie nachdenkliche „The united debased”, das düster-verspielte „The watcher”, das fast neunminütige, proggig anmutende Epos „At empire’s end” und das spacige Stoner-Monster „The transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker ” Ein weiteres Meisterwerk in der von solchen überquellenden Diskografie der Norweger.

Google translate:

With the clattering and creaking marching, surprisingly melodic “The warning, Pt. 1 & 2 ”, the guys from Trondheim again playfully prove who the kings of psychedelic noise hard rock are. As if we didn't all already know. To underpin their statement, Motorpsycho followed up with the majestic title track, which then surprisingly merged into the acoustic, at least as ingenious “Lady May 1”, somewhat reminiscent of the West Coast sound of Crosby, Stills & Nash. Further highlights of an atmospherically coherent, immensely varied long player with a lot of late sixties or early seventies feeling and yet blessed with timeless beauty are the hearty, riff-laden and thoughtful “The united debased”, the gloomy, playful “ The watcher ”, the almost nine-minute, prog-seeming epic“ At empire's end ”and the spacey stoner monster“ The transmutation of Cosmoctopus Lurker ”Another masterpiece in the overflowing discography of the Norwegians.

Posted 3 months ago #
  28. Krist Rampage

That sounds incredible. Really really really looking forward to this.

Posted 3 months ago #
  29. Wow

Posted 3 months ago #
  30. Punj Lizard

Dear Motorpsycho,
    It's been over four weeks since the announcement of the new album, and it's now less than four weeks until its release. Where's that bloody digital single!
    Yours sincerely,
    Impatient of London

Posted 3 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.