Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger

(35 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by odindahle
  • Latest reply from kjellepelle

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. odindahle

http://www.grevenelang.no

Edit: rerelease is maybe the wrong word. First time on vinyl in a bundle.

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. Juergen

Is this an official release? Does the band approve this reissue?

I can remember that a found a Lobotomizer copy on vinyl in my local record store last year which was only priced 17 Euros but the dealer immediately admitted that this was not an original copy. I ask myself who reprinted this album!?

Maybe the Maiden Voyage rerelease has a similar background?

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. motorpussy

300,-NOK for shipping inside Norway.That's twice of actual shipping cost.Blahhh!

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. ThorEgil

Bent Sæther is one of the team behind this, so I would assume this release is legit enough.

And the bundle is released in two batches, which should explain the shipping costs.

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. Ratmaus

Huh. I seem to remember Bent hinting about a 10” rerelease happening whenever they would get their hands on «a decent copy» of the original release. That was back in 1998, if I’m not mistaken. Only took ‘em 23 more years, then!

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. Tomcat

Looks cool, thanks for the news. Does the info say "Maiden Voyage" will exclusively be available by ordering this package? I hope not since it would be over 200 Euros ordering from Europe 🙄

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. Krist Rampage

I really hope this will be available in another way. 200 euros is a bit much to me so if this is the only way i am afraid i will gonna have to pass on this one.

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. Krist Rampage

Google translate:

Bundle with 4 slices each year. Sent to you throughout the year. One of them is secret.
    1399, - is nothing for 4 magnificent releases that we intend to make, is it?

Individually, the regular retail price will be much higher, so it is more expensive fun to buy individually (and then you do not get the limited version) - so a package purchase is definitely recommended. This is how the company raises capital to secure this year's release program, to pay everyone who makes an effort and to produce the records continuously. What’s not to like, as they say in West-Trøndelag?

For fun, we will keep one of the releases secret until the release day, so that it will be more exciting to buy the whole package - and not everything is finished discussed before the records are even available!

Motorpsycho - “Maiden Voyage”
    Motorpsycho debuted like so many other bands from the environment at the UFFA house in Trondheim, with a demo cassette published by Knallsyndikatet. This demo came in a numbered and stamped edition of 100 ex in 1990, and has today become a collector's item that is so in demand that it has even been booted.

The Counts Along Secret Society is proud to be able to provide the first official re-release of this classic demo: the humble beginnings of a long career that grew somewhat more impressive in the long run, and still continues today.

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. Un.Chien.d.Espace

looks like it will be available (later on?) seperately as an "unlimited edition"...?

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. Krist Rampage

Yeah sounds like it. That would be awesome.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. odindahle

The Sanderfinger-record is produced by Bent, and has guest apperance by Snah and Lars Lien. Really cool album with alot of Motorpsycho-vibes.

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. clundbe

My guess/dream will be that the secret album are Mountain and Another ugly on a double 10 inch....

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. kjellepelle

The Sanderfinger-record is produced by Bent, and has guest apperance by Snah and Lars Lien. Really cool album with alot of Motorpsycho-vibes.

Sanderfinger is the brainchild of Frode Sander Øien long time collaborator and friend of the psychos "Star Dancer Vs. Car Cancer" anyone....?? The project was helped by Bent to come to life and he also co-wrote some tracks with Frode.

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. Tomcat

Let's hope that one will be available separately as well

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. mefisto

I'm sure the band knows that Maiden Voyage will be on any psychonaut's wishlist, so they'll probably just press a very limited number

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. GBD

I think Sanderfinger even got a song from MP. The song "The matter with her" that was previously unreleased until the Blissard Box-set got an official release as a Sandefinger song, with norwegian lyrics (The song Østers)

Same goes for Baby Jesus

Check them out ->

https://open.spotify.com/track/25gqGJmSdKSw9a8qJ66cxe?si=yVAA7UqiQkuPZuN1KWMw8g&utm_source=copy-link

https://open.spotify.com/track/6nEqzUCE2Ukd6MmTJuNsKl?si=OstZbjrwTL6M-6wFw6NGFg&utm_source=copy-link

Personally i don't really like Sanderfinger. The vocals are just too flat and uninspired. Music's ok though

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. Mark

That is some price tag... Well, if it keeps the band alive it's ok I guess.
    When and where will it be up for pre-ordering?

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. Aki

It was too expensive to buy from Japan, but I had no choice but to pay for it as insurance in case I couldn't get it later.

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. cloudhawker

@Mark It is up for pre-ordering if you follow the link at the top of the thread. It says "Bestill med Paypal" = order using Paypal a bit down the page. Only in Norwegian it seems, but should be doable with a little help from your friend Google translate. Good luck!

Yes it is quite the price tag, but you get the full luxury treatment with coloured vinyl, linernotes and all it seems, and I guess the project has a bit of cultural value in it self, curating and making available a part of the cultural heritage that has previously been unavailable or near-forgotten. A love-child conceived by people who care about music. Also, the price reflects Norwegian cost and wage levels I guess...

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. Bartok

A weird package imo. But I guess it’s supporting the scene? Pretty steep price though. The Maiden Voyage is a great little thing, almost summing up their career upfront, but in a bundle with all the other reissues with these bands, not interested. It almost seems like a plot by some record executive to get people to buy these other records, only wanting Motorpsycho. Hook line and sinker, capitalist strategies. But, Seriously – hi Phil Collins – and I’m only speaking for myself, maybe there’s diehard Sanderfinger and Funny Farm fans out there, if so, happy them! Have a trip.

If it was new bands on the Trondheim scene, and MV was a curiosity item, like the Sub Pop Singles Club (sorry for the very 80s reference) it would make sense. The Sanderfinger record is at best a curiosity due to the MP link, but it’s not really a great album imo, to say it gently. Sorry the negativity, but I was a bit disappointed – I wish MP could have treated this reissue as an official release, with the same care as the other rereleases, with additional outtakes and in a bundle with Lobotomizer and the other pre-DB records. It would have made more sense.

Anyway, maybe it’s supporting some old Trondheim rockers, and that’s a cause in itself? Dunno. Count me out this time. But bring on the Trust Us box-set and I’ll be forever happy ✌️Just don’t bundle it with Tre Små Kinesere or that other record by Sanderfinger 🤞

Posted 1 month ago #
  21. Ratmaus

The website says after their 3 year license period expires, the artists are free to do whatever they want with the audio files and covers. Some of us might just want to wait until 2024, then.

Posted 1 month ago #
  22. grindove

Yes, a rather annoying bundle Can't make up my mind whether to spend a fortune now and be sure to get "Maiden voyage", or to wait until it's available separately, with the risk of missing it.
    I'd happily pay twice the cost for a bundle of 1) "Maiden voyage" one-sided 12", 2) "Mountain" M-LP, 3) "Another ugly EP" M-LP, and 4) secret LP of unreleased/live Mp stuff

Posted 1 month ago #
  23. Mark

I completely agree with Bartok (and grindove!). I'll wait till 2024.
    And yes, the Trust Us boxset! What's keeping you?

Posted 1 month ago #
  24. ThorEgil

@Ratmaus - with Bent being part of the team behind this I would assume that this is exactly "whatever they want" to do with Maiden Voyage. The record will be released separately later this year in a "normal" edition. You won't have to wait till '24.

Posted 1 month ago #
  25. supernaut

Bartok wrote

Anyway, maybe it’s supporting some old Trondheim rockers, and that’s a cause in itself?

I guess that's pretty much the point. I don't see any reason to complain about anything else. There's always one colour we don't like in that M&M's bag. And as with any release in any form: Buy or don't buy. In this case here I won't because I'm not really interested, no matter the price tag.

Posted 1 month ago #
  26. Krist Rampage

Thanks ThorEgil, that's good news.

Posted 1 month ago #
  27. kjellepelle

Posted 1 month ago #
  28. ThorEgil

The Grevene Langs fb page now also have announced that the package will include a once in a lifetime 7" with outtakes from two of the albums.
    Wonder what that might be..

Posted 1 month ago #
  29. ThorEgil

Pretty solid hint about the 7" from Motorpsycho on Instagram today. (The SoMe responsible may be looking for a new job after that typo though )

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM1fL9opEAh/

Today, you have 6 days left to order the Grevene Langs Hemmelige Selskap’s vinyl package that includes our very first recorded music, the 1990 4 song demo tape ‘Maiden Voyage’ and three other stone classics from the trøndersk underground.
    If you buy the package, you get all kinds of bonuses not included in the retail versions, including colored, numbered vinyl, posters, pics and tons of extras like that, not least of which is an exclusive 7’’ that won’t be available elsewhere, and that may feature Motorpyscho contents (😉) ...

If we’d been any good at this stuff we’d’ve done the whole ‘link in bio’-routine, but that is still slightly beyond us. Write it down if it’s too much to remember: http://www.grevenelang.no
    This is a really cool project to be a part of, and if you are into vinyl, historical context and good shit, you should get it!
    @motorpsychoband #motorpsychoband @grevenelang #knalksyndikatet @uffahuset @trondheimtales #trøndelag #trondheim #svartlamon #vinylfetish #vinyl #ltdedition @perjpedersen @georgemcduck @crispin_glover_records @thiswaydesign @onkelfuzzbass @kjelli67 @mortenwasinski @trudemaria #funnyfarm #sanderfinger @bryggastudio @larsgunnarlien @steinis1 @wiigjenspetter #trønderrock

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  30. kjellepelle

Let's hope for a vinyl release for "Memory" or "A Memory" that's it was supposed to be called, taken from Knall The Album vol 3 tape

Posted 4 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.