• Started 4 months ago by ThorEgil
  • Latest reply from supernaut

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ThorEgil

The first pics - and the setlist

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. otherdemon

Damn, they actually played Little Lucid Moments?
    Must be quite a few years since the last time they
    played that one

How were the new songs?

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. ThorEgil

I typed out the setlist.

- New song / Long
    - The Waning
    - Kingdom of Oblivion
    - L.L.M
    - United Debased
    - S.T.G
    - Cosmoctopus
    - N.O.X
    --------
    - Marken - introduced as New song/ Short or middle long
    - Like Chrome

2 1/2 hours

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. mikke

llm was amazing, tomas was fabulous. really nice vocals at times. as usual sound was way too loud and just horrible on some parts.
    marken - no rest insight 😃 cosmo worked very well live (no surprise)

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. Tomcat

Impresseive setlist ... looks like they took no prisoners. Full of surprises and massive pieces, and there is still a second night tomorrow to pull out some acoustic guitars ... Missing these moments s o m u c h

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. ThorEgil

Soo good to see the band back on stage again. Some rough singing at times but who cares - Amazing concert!

First new song - Evolving Motorpsychodelic soundscapes which may easily fill a full LP side.
    Second new song - A very King Crimsonic (early period) intro turning into heavy Motorpsychodelia

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. supernaut

Life makes sense again.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. Blashyrkh

It's good to see LLM back on the setlist
    Is this show recorded?

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. ThorEgil

Some more pics from Verkstedhallen

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. supernaut

We should set up a new rule. Whenever one witnesses a new song live, (s)he has to describe it in all and every detail to the others. Note by note! It's a necessity.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. @supernaut: absolutely

So exciting to see that already new material is in work and played live. The boys keep their routine and propably wrote more than ever in the lockdown time. So that seems to be a good aspect of the whole situation to me

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. Aki

13. shakti

Watching that N.O.X. clip and I’ll be the first to say it: Thomas is the best drummer they ever had. Never thought anyone could top Gebhardt for sheer drive and musicality, but Thomas takes all that, then adds Kenneth’s fluidity and technical skill, and then serves it up with a sense of weirdness and otherness that is all his own. Brilliant.

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. Johnny_Heartfield

@ shakti: Thought so myself lately. But only if you consider Gebhardt the best banjo player and Kenneth the best cymbal player in Motorpsycho

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. ThorEgil

@Johhny - Tomas has a Master degree in cymbal playing. Just sayin.

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. Johnny_Heartfield

Probably Kenneth K. is therefore practising them live a bit more? Got the impression his playing is much more cymbal orientated. Am I wrong? Or is Thomas just disguising his cymbal skills with his massive powerful drumming? His cymbal line-up is definitely impressive!
    Motorpsycho has surely been lucky with their drummers...

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. ThorEgil

Seeing one of Tomas' solo cymbal concerts is definitely worth a trip to Trondheim. His Cymbal Resonance System combined with close-up mics and a heavy PA system makes for a drone experience out of this world.
    (Don't tell Kenneth, but Bent has said that standing close to Tomas' cymbals are harder on his ears than was Kenneth's).
    And luck has nothing to do with it. The world class drummer density is nowhere higher than at the local jazz academy here, and Bent has heard and seen them all. Even for me the first and only name that came to mind when I heard that Kenneth had called it a day was Tomas.

Posted 4 months ago #
  18. supernaut

huh? Wasn't there a thread about the 16th just moments ago? Or did my internet break?

edit: it's back or I'm just going slightly nuts.

editedit: it's gone again! Who's doing that? Cookie monster?

Posted 4 months ago #
  19. Vegard B. Havdal

They are in different forums, it's probably that. I regret that we made more than one forum, one would be enough...

Posted 4 months ago #
  20. Tomcat

Well, we should then paste the videos of two new songs in this thread as well:

"Ny Halvlang" (11 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yBgkYXcKNg

"Ny Lang" (15 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrQHR2UJ7Q

Baybe I'm amazed, love the Crimson-Floyd-Synth-Monsters + late-90s-mp (trio) vibe. And did Bent ever sing like this?

I hope they'll record them for the next album and keep the production less "bombastic".

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. Johnny_Heartfield

@ Tomcat: Just keep the new songs motorpsychedelic. That is exactly what I missed in KoO: for me it is neither really motor nor psycho enough("weird" in Bent's own explanation), though not a bad one all in all.

Posted 4 months ago #
  22. supernaut

@vegard
    Ah ok. Thx for info.

Posted 4 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.