Camp Motorpsycho » General

Grieghallen, Bergen, June 12th 2021

(24 posts)
  • Started 4 months ago by kjesso
  • Latest reply from supernaut

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. kjesso

Some brief notes from the show in Grieghallen, Bergen, yesterday. For me, the sound quality ruined much of the show. Grieghallen is noted for its fine accustics, but whenever the band went full force, all the nuances and details drowned in the massive sound.

Setlist? They opened with The Lurker, and with the exception of the LLM Suite everything was from the Tomas era. I don't have a full setlist, but recall that they played N.O.X. (which probably was the highlight of the show, even if the sound was far from good), The Waning, Kingdom of Oblivion, United Debased. Like Chrome came as an encore. I'm sure others can add the missing songs.

Even if I was slightly disappointed after the show, it was great to be at a show again. As far as I could tell the band themselves also enjoyed it all. As usual, I've blogged a little bit about the show (in Norwegian only): https://kulturguffen.blogspot.com/2021/06/motorpsycho-grieghallen-bergen-1262021.html

Posted 4 months ago #
  2. fearsatan

My recording of the concert is now up at dime. The setlist:
    01. intro (1:01)
    02. The Transmutation of the Cosmoctopus Lurker (11:05)
    03. The Waning Pt.1 & 2 (8:50)
    04. Kingdom of Oblivion (10:19)
    05. Bent banter #1: Bergensang (1:01)
    06. Little Lucid Moments (22:21)
    07. Bent banter #2: En lang pest (0:47)
    08. Ny lang (19:48)
    09. Ny halvlang (10:03)
    10. N.O.X. (42:16)
    11. encore break and Bent banter #3: nån som sovna? (1:53)
    12. The United Debased (8:27)
    13. Bent banter #4: beklager trønderen på stadion (0:43)
    14. Like Chrome (5:30)

Posted 4 months ago #
  3. ThorEgil

@fearsatan That was fast - thank you!

And excellent sound too it seems!

Posted 4 months ago #
  4. Aki

I finally got to hear the live version of KoO's song on this recording, and it was fantastic. I'm wondering what the people who were negative about the album and attended the live show thought of it.

Posted 4 months ago #
  5. Johnny_Heartfield

Listening to fearsatan's recording - thank you very very very much! - for the first time I had the impression that the KoO songs don't work live - no comparison to the other older and newer material. Rather boring. Almost another band. Probably a wrong impression because lack of live atmosphere / not being there in person. And probably inferior on a very high level - due to comparison with the stellar material alongside - LLM, Nylang & Halflang, N.O.X. suite. The Lurker might stand out - but sadly the sound is rather distorted in the first place.

Still I feel rather strengthened in my sceptical impression of KoO. I'm very grateful MP are back on a Motorpsychedelic course with both ny songs - really live jewels!

Posted 4 months ago #
  6. ffbernie

hey everyone, the very nice Terje Johanson shot the whole show and also sent me audio so Ill be working on getting them as enjoyable as possible...

heres the first batch :

NOX http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/330
    THE NEW SONG SUITE http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/329
    LURKER http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/node/331

Posted 4 months ago #
  7. ThorEgil

@terje and @ffbernie - Brilliant. Thank you both!

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. the visitant

I am so looking forward to hearing this! Thanks so much for recording and sharing this with us!

Posted 4 months ago #
  9. supernaut

Bernie

Terje

Posted 4 months ago #
  10. Punj Lizard

Thank you so much Terje and Bernie.

Posted 4 months ago #
  11. supernaut

and Tomas btw. Just watched it. I mean I've always loved Geb & Kenneth and still do. No comparison competition or whatsoever. But I'm just really happy he's here.

Posted 4 months ago #
  12. Johnny_Heartfield

Thanks a lot, Terje and Bernie! In a time without regular MP concerts this means even more to us Psychonauts!

Posted 4 months ago #
  13. otherdemon

Thanks a lot for both the Dime recording + the MP clips videos!

I sorta agree with Johnny on the KoO songs not being optimal live. However, I think
    that can be attributed to the lack of Reine. I can imagine the live Lurker being improved greatly
    with Reine in the mix.

N.O.X is still surprisingly good in a trio version. And the new songs as always show promise, even if they're clearly in a unfinished/work-in-progress state.

Posted 4 months ago #
  14. JERO

Deepest gratitude toward the guys who made it possible to enjoy these clips and I'm amazed all over again about MP, that as a trio they are able to pull this off. Nylang/Nyhalvlang and NOX show how they use their skills to really become an orchestra of just 3 members.Very impressive !

Posted 4 months ago #
  15. ffbernie

hey everyone...the rest of the gig is up...thanks again TERJE !!!!

http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/

Posted 4 months ago #
  16. the conscience

Thank you very much. If I can remember, every Motorpsycho live gig is better than the gigs before. So this must be their best gig ever. Great to see, that they try to give their best in front of these (sorry for not finding the right words): involuntarily degraded zombies in the audience. Some of them are headbanging. Better than nothing. But still a very weird situation....

Maybe Motorpsycho really sound like a new band (sometimes), but because of this, I love them. I love the new songs and find, they are sound amazing live in a trio format. I imagine, if I had attended the show, and have listening real live, I was totally satisfied and happy, and would have said, best Motorpsycho-gig ever.

All we have is now...

As supernaut stated anywhere, (if I remember right): Just the new record and NOX, that would be a great gig. I agreed. The Bergen gig came close

Posted 4 months ago #
  17. metallican

hey everyone...the rest of the gig is up...thanks again TERJE !!!!

http://www.motorpsychodelicclips.com/

POSTED 4 HOURS AGO #

Your Welcome Bernie. Great work. I hoped you share a song or 2 but the complete gig. That was more then I ever hoped for. I guess for once I can thank Covid for this happening. Hope you all enjoy my amateurish attempt to film a concert. Hope for the next gig the the Light guy can get some light up in the rigg and NOT on the floor behind the band!

Have a nice Summer everyone.

Posted 4 months ago #
  18. Johnny_Heartfield

Watching Motorpsycho's Head Cymbalista during LLM is...
    incredible? mind-boggling? undescribable?
    Very powerful, yet complex drumming. Very physical. Unbelievable...

Posted 4 months ago #
  19. supernaut

Thanks again!!!

I'd love to go for that 2.5 hours ride in a comfy seat. Maybe even with some bartending at the seat included. Drinks, snacks, LLM, NOX, Ny (half)Lang => Perfect ambiance.

Posted 4 months ago #
  20. supernaut

That mellotron/flute melody at 6mins into Ny Lang: It always astonishes me when new material feels so immediately familiar. As if it was some well known Timothy classic.

Posted 4 months ago #
  21. Johnny_Heartfield

@ supernaut: Rather some well known Floyd classic: "High time, Cymbaline...."
    Not exactly, but almost - as so often with MP.
    And Ny Halflang got a little "Greensleeves"-Melody interwoven somewhere near the end.

Posted 4 months ago #
  22. supernaut

Yes cymbaline, now I hear it, too.

Posted 4 months ago #
  23. the ny songs and nox are incredible. thanks bernie. thats very ver nice from you....

Posted 4 months ago #
  24. supernaut

so I found more time to listen/watch this properly 3 times. I can't thank you enough. This is an amazing performance. What they did by rearranging LLM, especially the tight fast riffing in Hoofed, is soooo good. The KoO songs get elevated, too. The United Debased became such a beast here.

Posted 3 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.