Månefestivalen, Månehagen 30.07.2021

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by Juergen
  • Latest reply from Devotional

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Juergen

I was not there but a short report from someone who was there:

The concert still had covid restrictions with tables for the visitors. The drinks were saved at the table. It was possible that you had a restricted view to the stage, e. g. a tree blocking the view from the table to the stage.

This is probably the shortest setlist which I can remember:

Ny Lang
    The Transmutation Of Cosmoctopus Lurker
    S.T.G.
    N.O.X.

not played: The Waning as the final song

It was short (between 85 and 90 minutes) gig but it was a festival show. A nearly 90 minute set on a festival is good.

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. Ratmaus

Sounds great! Anyway, someone’s got to be *that guy*, so I might as well do it: The setlist at Henie Onstad Kunstsenter back in 2008 looked like this:

Un Chien d’Espace
    Demon Box

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. supernaut

Chien & DB??? Head explodes.

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. fillmore

Thanks for the report

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. fearsatan

The whole The Transmutation Of Cosmoctopus Lurker can be seen here (shouldn't be georestricted): https://tv.nrk.no/serie/festivalsommer/ekstramateriale/MKMU81100121/avspiller

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. the conscience

the best live-band in the world and the (involuntary?) living dead

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. TraktorBass

Rather non typical crowd for a Motorpsycho gig at Månelandingen there. Coupled with the NRK production it feels like an episode of Allsang på Grensen from a parallel universe.

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. ThorEgil

@Traktorbass

The show broadcast on TV contained only the start of the song, but they did play minigolf! From about 31:45

https://tv.nrk.no/se?v=MKDU50000421&autoplay=false

Found the whole show on dime already btw. Big thanks to the taper.

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. Vegard B. Havdal

That looked like Spinal Tap's Jazz Odyssey.

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. paolinogrande001

Is there hope for more material as used to be in the times of HAL at NRK? The entire concert on the radio? I'm crossing fingers and other stuff.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. paolinogrande001

"Allsang på grensen" but let's not forget - the parent generation of MP are the ones who grew up with The Who, Hendrix and Zeppelin and all the others. Looks like those old folks had a blast!

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. stereosofa

So good to see them on the ride again. Even if the setting reminds a little bit on Motörhead playing german TV show "ZDF Fernsehgarten" 1981 https://youtu.be/1XUlEBAZnbY
    Those folks definitely had a blast!

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. supernaut

Lurker video at the 0:57 mark.

though despite what paolinogrande001 rightly wrote, that wouldn't happen in my country switzerland.

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. supernaut

and many thanks to spacebandit for diming it!

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. psychonauts getting older

thanks spacebandit !!

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. Johnny_Heartfield

Great stuff - thanks to all involved.

I really like those shorter MP festival gigs - though they're in most cases over after 90-100 minutes. Forces them to concentrate, think about a really powerful, if short setlist that shows the band at its contemporary best, seguing songs into each other even more than usual...

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. So interesting to hear how "Ny halflang" still mutates from the last version. it seems like they try different pieces of a bigger something live, included in that song as "vehicle". very exciting.

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. Devotional

NRK recorded the full show, and are considering using more of the footage for two other programmes (one of them is called Scene) but that means new contracts will have to be made for those. Many bands asked for copies of their footage on Festivalsommer, but NRK are reluctant to share what they call ‘unpublished material’. But there are full shows of all artists involved in the archives.

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. supernaut

Afaik one of the guys once said someting about NRK contracts regarding a Timothy/Oya release. They seem to be somewhat difficult...? NRK, that is, not the band.

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. Devotional

Yes, using NRK recordings can be both expensive and difficult to license, which is why there’s not a lot of it on Hair Cuts. Going from memory, NRK didn’t record Øya 2010 on the band’s request. I believe the band did an audio recording for themselves, but I have no idea if the video feed was recorded/saved.

I know first hand that at one point Motorpsycho wanted to release NRK’s recording of Roskilde ‘93, but that was also shelved (I don’t know exactly why).

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.