(15 posts)
  • Started 4 weeks ago by ThorEgil
  • Latest reply from paolinogrande001

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ThorEgil

Coming up next year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVFkRjMfV2
    "Released on this day in 1991, Lobotomizer was Motorpsycho’s first album. The initial run was 1000 copies, and a later repress 500. A reluctant, horrible sounding CD version was released in 1992 with different edits of a couple of the tunes and a cheapo cover. That is the version available to stream.
    Out of print on vinyl since the early 90ies - but bootleg’ed from the CD a few years ago (yikes! avoid!) - @runegrammofon will release a newly remastered and reassembled edition of the original album next year, as it was intended to be heard. here’s to 30 years! 😵‍💫🥳 🤘🏻💫🍰🍺🍾 #snah @onkelfuzzbass #killerkjell @trudemaria @marsvin2 #tovenilsen @rikshou #henninglarsen #sveinsolberg #lobotomizer #motorpsychoband #motorpsycho #deathprod @thiswaydesign"

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  2. Oh thats really great news

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  3. David

Take my money

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  4. Elvin

Really cool! Didn't know the CD version was different from the LP, but then again, I've only listened to the LP.
    Wonder if "reassembled" means, like the original LP or something else... Wouldn't`t mind an expanded super deluxe edition, but guess that's not the case. They had me at "runegrammofon will release", take my money indeed.

Speaking of crap CD versions and streaming. Too bad, and strange considering the rerelease a couple of years back, that its not the LP edition of Demon Box that's on streaming services.

Posted 4 weeks ago #
  5. ThorEgil

For those inclined to speculation - take a look at the reply from the band to that first comment

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. Mark

For those not on IG (i.e. me), could you tell us?
    I have the re-issue (I think), so I'm all good.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. ThorEgil

@Mark - You don't have to be logged in to Instagram to open that link.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. TraktorBass

You can see the page, but not load the comments.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. Mark

I don't. I have to sign up or continue with facebook. Never mind.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. Punj Lizard

Same here - I can see the basic post, but without signing up I can't see the comments. If anybody could help, that would be great.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  11. Tomcat

Being asked if Another (Ugly) and Mountain EP would finally be released on vinyl, mp answered:

Sounds promising!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

Thanks Tomcat.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  13. fiatlux

So, waiting for Trust Us box set now.....

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  14. Mark

@fiatlux: Absolutely!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  15. paolinogrande001

Last I heard of the The Mountain and Another EPs they were supposed to be getting released on vinyl in the aftermath of the Demon Box re-release. It's been 7 years, so I'm not holding my breath, but whoa boy when they are finally out (in 2056), I sure am going to be grabbing my copies!

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.