Running with scissors
    NOX
    - - -
    United debased
    Mountain

2:40

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. Tomcat

Wow, that's a tasty-spacy setlist! Was Diana played in the encores?

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. mirai no maboroshi

@Tomcat: No, Diana was on the setlist, but they played United Debased instead. They also played something before NOX (on the setlist it is reported as "huge hopper" ... if I remember well, it sounded similar to the beginning of "Ancient Astronauts" (Ny Lang) ... I think it lasted between 3 and 5 minutes).

Francesco

PS: Complete setlist:

Taifun
    > Manmower
    Uber/pilgrim
    Dreamhome
    Sail on
    Lacuna/Sunrise
    STG
    Running with scissors
    huge hopper
    > NOX
    ----
    United Debased (played instead of Whole Lotta Diana, that was on the setlist)
    > Mountain

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. the conscience

For all the psychonauts who hate me because of the „Bent-Interview-thread“ - Now, I‘m save (for the next time). 3 shows attended. First NOX in Cologne. Second shot in Reutlingen. Booster-NOX in Munich.

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. Tomcat

Grazie Francesco for clearing that up, could be that this was a Soft Machine-piece before NOX (Hugh Hopper was the bass player in the late 60's - or it was a very fuzzed bass-phase ;). One of my favourite setlists of this tour!

Top 5 so far chronological:

Copenhagen
    Cologne
    Amsterdam
    Vienna
    München

Hoping for Bielefeld or Arlon to sneak in

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. Tomcat

@conscience Bent/the band is too generous. Glad the music does the talking from now on

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. fillmore

Bavarian Guitar String Summit: Motorpsycho delivers psychedelic scorcher at Backstage in München 22.05.2022! A dream setlist is the launchpad for a distinct Sunday show charaterized by long solos, dueling guitars and improvisational explorations within a psych 'n' prog realm, leaving the heavy riffing almost entirely aside until the encore. It's hard to single out highlights as the show was one long cohesive trip but of course I will have to mention the beautiful beginning with "Taifun" and "Manmower", the latter breaking entirely new ground for five minutes in its jam. I will also have to mention a brilliant 15 minute "Dreamhome", a personal favourite of mine, an insane "STG" and the 17 minute "Mountain" during which Reine took the first solo, the major one, and he just killed it. And we got NOXed again. Smiling band, decently filled venue, crowd into it, 2h45min show. München and Motorpsycho truely delivered. Thank you! On to Dresden...

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. Punj Lizard

Reads like an incredible show. Thanks for the setlist clarifications and thank you fillmore for the review.

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. dongonz

Wow, this one looks great. The played NOX severel concerts in a row. I really really hope the play it tonight again in Dresden. Fingers crossed.

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. otherdemon

This looks amazing. My favorite setlist of the tour so far, I think.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. grindove

Wow, they actually planned to totally ignore the latest album here

Thanks to everyone for all the reports! I'm not much into sports, but I imagine this feels kinda like following your favorite team during game season, except there are no losses - just a question of how gigantic the victories are

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. TomTomTurbulence

Also thanks for setlist clarifications
    @tomcat: I'm quite sure it was no Soft-Machine-piece, at least not from the period Hugh Hopper was in SM! But that would have been nice!!!

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. HeyJane

Oh...

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. supernaut

Damn, I went to their München shows before, why not this time?

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. Johnny_Heartfield

@ The Conscience: ... and the "great reset" happens on the playlist - between every second or third concert. The world is better with Motorpsycho!

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. the conscience

last try (from another computer) and maybe last post for a while:(Im fed up with the internet)

@ Tomcat and Johnny H: Yes, I also prefer the Great Resets by Motorpsycho and of cause the world is much better with this band. But we will see what the future brings. IF next automn or whenever the clubs do not accept the 3 stamps in my NOXxine passport, I can´t promise not revolting again.

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. the conscience

Sorry, but I can not leave it like that.

Like another person before me. (see Reutlingen-thread - I didn´t wrote there), it seems, that I or this forum had been hacked by "Annanümoose", that´s why I needed 5 tries, several hours and a second PC to post my last words in the München-thread (and was very pissed). Now it looks, that the "Annanümoose"-problem is over. I just want you to know that.

Thank you Motorpsycho, and thanks to all the dancing psychonauts for the best three days I had in the last two years!!! (it wasn´t a good idea to visit less concerts this time than usually in the past tours)

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.