Delusion
    > Huge H
    > Nox
    ---
    Whole Lotta Diana
    You Lied
    Black To Comm

3:21

What a blast of a show through all levels of strength and gentleness.

(First four songs acoustic.
    On A Plate as first encore on the setlist but not played.)

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. stereosofa

Please tell me someone recorded this.

Yes. Spacebandit did a recording.

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. Wulf

First 4 Songs acoustic:
    Dank State
    Sunchild
    Spin x3
    Babylon

Lady May
    Whip That Ghost
    Magpie
    Hell 1-3
    United Debased
    >Hell 7
    Lacuna Sunrise
    Ueberpilgrim
    X3
    Delusion
    >Huge H
    >NOX

On a Plate (on Setlist but not played)
    Diana
    You lied
    Black to Commmm (not on Setlist)

3:20h. Yes.

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. bionaut

That is an insane setlist. Praise be to Spacebandit.

Posted 1 month ago #
  9. Spacebandit

Na, übertreib mal nicht. Mal gucken, was draus geworden ist.
    And indeed, Holy Moly, what a night...Or as I might just say:
    Bielefeld loves Motorpsycho and Motorpsycho loves (to play) Bielefeld.
    Best show of the tour, best show I witnessed since my 2nd on 2008/10/14. Same place.
    This was almost insane to witness. Starting so gentle with the acoustic set, floating into
    Dead-Space, visiting Allmans Land, whistling for the Magpie, until Hell broke loose. United into
    the Victim of rock. And then...Lacuna Spaceide! What a blast. Close to or over 20 min.?
    The most heavy version of Überpilgrim I've ever saw. Very far-out. Knuckleheads...hey ViKINGS of
    Sound, going nutz? Almost 2 hour 15 min. into the set "Delusion", oh,oh,oh, are we gonna get NOXed?
    Yes we did and the extra slice of more space with the new opening sequence deep in Floydesque Realms.Oh Lord, havbe mercy on my soul, already 3 hours played. And, a quick one to leave? Nah, never. Tonight there are no prisoners to be taken. Diana bursts out, leading into "You lied" (a first one on this tour?) into "Black to Comm".
    The band was having soooooooooo much fun, and the night came to a gentle end with a bit of chatting inside my old second living room (had to leave that place alone for 2.5 years).
    I might call the nickname of any fine recording "ÜBERBIELEFELD".
    Tusen million takk to Motorpsycho. Best musical experience in thios universe! Spacey.

And yes, 200 minutes!

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. bionaut

I am checking Dime every minute from now until

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. Spacebandit

"Good things come to those who wait" (Bill Graham, GD New Year's Eve 1981...and the Dead did "Dark Star" first time since years ago. Needs a bit of time to check the sources available. Stack sounds good. If you know what I mean?

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. Spacebandit

I guess something from this Bielefelder Sinfonie will show up on ROADWORKS VOL.6 ?

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. Tomcat

Robert Fripp has the metaphor of the Crimson King being with the band at very special moments/shows ... I have the feeling the "Psycho King" was present all night at Forum last night. Pure bliss.

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. The Other Anders

Bring on the seated venues, two sets (pee break!), and let's do this every night! I would pay triple of the current ticket price for it.

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. nicoot

Sweet Jesus, almost 3,5 hours! I am hoping they're not too dead now for the Arlon show tonight (final show of the tour!). The only one I was able to witness during this tour. What an insane beast of a setlist...

If anyone wants to meet up at the venue tonight, I'll be wearing a white YOB or Cult of Luna shirt, haven't decided yet hehe.

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. Mr.Martian

I am still way over the moon about last night. What an incredible show and ride this was. And not to forget: it was Tomas' birthday yesterday, and boy - what a drummer. His timing, his breaks, the tightness, the space, the power - just awesome. Happy birthday again, Tomas. And thanks so much for this unbelievable show.

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. fillmore

Oh man! We kinda knew they would gonna peak in Bielefeld but had no idea it would result in something like THIS! Brilliant build-up and sequence in that setlist from start to encore.

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. dongonz

oh my goodness. i wish i had been there. Spacebandit, thanks for recording. Will there be another option to get my hands on then Dime? I find it very exclusive and never really worked for me. Would ve sooo nice. Last tour i made my own Tour Compilation destilled of Bernies Vids. Would be awesome to do this this year as well. Big thanks ahead and Sail On!

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. supernaut

Wow! One for the ages then.

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. Tomcat

Just in case of: I'll go from Düsseldorf to Arlon this afternoon and have free seats, a recording of last night on the cars' speakers included - return tomorrow late morning (bank holiday). Space is the place!

Posted 1 month ago #
  21. pj

Wow, that was for sure a neat show. Whats 'Huge H'? The reign of Humbug extended?

Posted 1 month ago #
  22. The Other Anders

@pj: My guess is "Huge Hopper", first played in Münich and a play of words / tip of the hat to Hugh Hopper of Soft Machine fame. But I wasn't there, so someone please confirm.

Posted 1 month ago #
  23. Punj Lizard

Oh my giddy aunt! (Old english expression meaning "Holy fucking shit!")

I see from photos that the stage looks quite small, with the drums set up close to the front of the stage. Do they always play that venue when in Bielefeld? I might have to consider making a trip there on a future tour.

Posted 1 month ago #
  24. Juergen

Yes, they usually play in Bielefeld at the Forum.

What a setlist...

Posted 1 month ago #
  25. Punj Lizard

@Juergen - thanks

Posted 1 month ago #
  26. jessi

even after 200 minutes I did not want it to end.
    it was so nice watching everyone in the room having fun.
    that was a gift.

Posted 1 month ago #
  27. Spacebandit

"Yes, they usually play in Bielefeld at the Forum." quote Jürgen.
    Hey, not surprising Punj Lizard don't know the venue, as we all there don't exist, neither does the city of Bielefeld. And sometimes a norwegian spaceship "docks" on, cause they know the secret way to go there. I've been a frequent guest since the days of its preceedor, Forum Enger.
    As there's nothing existing there, so there's no curfew (like in fu***ng Markthalle Hamburg, where you get kicked out of the main hall five minutes after show end. And not in a smooth way).
    Even after me and the other Bielefeldonautics left backstage at app. 2am.the main staff (Ralf, you're the man!) let us gently into the night. As it was since 4pm.
    From the app. thousand+ concerts I saw in my life (and believe me, a "festival" just counts as one concert), this will be staying in my Top10 ever. Like Grateful Dead Berlin 1990-10-20. On par. Excellence, merci mes amis.

Posted 1 month ago #
  28. Johnny_Heartfield

3:21. Insane. But still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwfUfTmOHvA
    Or rather tonight...

Posted 1 month ago #
  29. Punj Lizard

At the moment I am not listening to Lady May, which was not played at The Forum because apparently Bielefeld does not exist. As a consequence I am not in the throes of ecstasy, because it is not bloody amazing!

Posted 1 month ago #
  30. Spacebandit

No, of(f) course, in fact Bielefeld didn't happen at all. All the vids on U-Tube or whatever are simply a fake. No, it was not to be in Bielefeld. The bus broke down and they got on for the next show. And those few ghosts living in the city of the chosen stood out there waiting for the spaceship
    to materialise. Then around 20:30 the chosen ones were dematerialised into the void of golden delights. There will be a lot of fun coming soon, as the rays of the extraterrestrial viking ship did not disturb but also did help merging different "views" from different places.
    And dare I say...after another safe space travel home and comfortable landing, the recordings were still there?! Little did I know, but they might have fixed something?
    Let's see...or better hear...soon...

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.