Camp Motorpsycho » General

20th Aniversary Dime Bonanza

(17 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by welsh rarebit
  • Latest reply from otherdemon

Tags:

1. welsh rarebit

It's old news, but just in case you haven't noticed: It will pay off to pay Dime a visit. Someone seems to have started to systematically pour out shows, starting with 1991. Magnificent! Big thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. casale

Yeah, it's true. The last torrent was uploaded tonight (Roskilde Festival 1993). Great!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. otherdemon

Yeah, cool stuff. I got a nice share ratio there (2.67), so I'm gonna download
    whatever gets uploaded.

That Copenhagen 91 gig was pretty damn good, esspecially that Lake Innersfree song that they rarely played (contained elements of 577 and Young Man Blues)

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. jerryluc

anyone got invites?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. norman

berlin 1993 is on dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=264722

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. GBD

The Golden Core with Snah on lead vocals....! Not every day you hear this!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. fillmore

Back then when he still couldn't sing - AT ALL

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. GBD

Yeah...he's come a very long way since then...

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. harry

Hoy shit! I got in! Tried to sign up for Dime one more time and it worked right away.
    Can't wait to get home en start downloading. If i figure out how it works, cause I'm not too clever with computers and stuff...

Happy Harry

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. harry

Just had to share that with you. And it shows: if you keep trying....

Harry

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. casale

Hi. Frankfurt 01.09.1993 on Dime.
    Great tracklist!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. fillmore

This one's a classic, one of the earliest tapes to circulate relatively widely among traders.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. CaptainAubrey

Ah, this is great! Thank you, whoever you are!

Can some of you oldones (Cthulhus..) who knows about these recordings give us some tips about which to download? I have a pretty full HD and I can't sample each one of them. So I'd be glad if someone would give some tips. I'm kindofa soundfreak so I need the sound to be good, but I've been looking for early shows for years now so thanks again..

20 years, 20 more to come! Rock on, boys..

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. otherdemon

Capt.Aubrey: Out of the boots that has been uploaded on Dime, I was veeeeery surprised by the quality of the Copenhagen '91 gig. IMO one of the best early MP boots. Even though it's an audience recording, the sound is pretty good. And some nice song selections (features the only known live-recording of Lake Innersfree and early versions of Mountain and Have Fun)

So I'd recommend that one.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. fillmore

Roskilde 93 is a must-have.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Rolf

Lake Innersfree is a very early version of Demon Box if I'm not mistaken. You can hear the birth of Demon Box in it. Maybe other songs as well as someone pointed out above.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. otherdemon

I can't really hear much of DB inside Lake Innersfree. Strange Days on the other side has a bunch of DB lyrics and slight musical resemblance.

The only things I hear inside LE that showed up in other songs later was the ascending riff that later popped up in 577 + a Bent bass riff in the quiet section that ended up in the studio version of Young Man Blues.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.