Tags:

1. Tomcat

From Rune Gramofon-Newsletter:

Motorpsycho - Blissard - 4CD
    Luxury treatment, a real goodie bag

yeeehaaaw!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Neil Tesor

Just wish they released this and the timothy cd-box on vinyl too!

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. otherdemon

Wee! Too bad they didn't give an indication for the release-date. But I'm hoping it will be before the Opera concerts in November!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. vorsla

this is a cool thing. I think i read in Beat or Rock Furore (old norwegian music magazines) that when they came back from Stckhlm they hated the mix or something so they had to go to a studio in Oslo or something and "remix" it. Anyone who know that story ?? Anyway i hope the original mix will be on the album to listen to how it was.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Elvin

this is soooo good news!
    so what can we expect besides the mighty blissard? I guess the b-sides from the nerve t, manmower eps etc will be present, and the ditched version of the record.
    That should still leave one full CD of music

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. OtherFool

Aaah, I can't wait! IMO this is one of the best records ever made. (Yeah, ever).

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Ivan

blissard is my fav, too. so i´m very happy about it!

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. ijustpop

Yep, the mixed Blissard immediately after recording it. When they listened do it a couple of weeks later they hated it, and they remixed it.

With 4 cds it's very likely that we'll get to hear the "original" mix for the first time.

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Rolf

Yeay! I'm still hoping/guessing that part of the box will be the "lost album" recorded at Kunstakademiet in Trondheim (which is also the source of several Blissard-era (and later?!) B-sides, so I really think those will show up on this release)!

And yeah, the original mix! That would be very interesting!

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. TvdR

It is said there is a lot more music from the sessions that yielded one of my favourite (sounding) songs "Mad Sun". These are the Kunstakademiet-sessions you're referring to, right Rolf? Looking forward to the package - whatever it contains.

I think it will be wishful thinking that a vinyl release will be done. It would take what, eight records to issue the four cd's? Would be grand though...

Greetings,

Thomas

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. otherdemon

It is said there is a lot more music from the sessions that yielded one of my favourite (sounding) songs "Mad Sun". These are the Kunstakademiet-sessions you're referring to, right Rolf? Looking forward to the package - whatever it contains.

I think that's what Rolf's referring to. See what Bent has to say about these sessions at the end of this page

About the original mix of Blissard: I remember Snah commenting somewhere that Blissard was troublesome to make, because the original mix had several guitar parts that were out of tune/poorly played/etc. And that's why they had to re-mix/overdub in an Oslo studio before releasing the album we all know & love. So I'm not sure if it will actually be released.

Other than that, the b-sides from the singles, the hidden bonustrack in front of Blissard, and possibly the Jörg Mager Trio single are tracks I guess will be on this new Blissard.

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. Elvin

Jörg Mager Trio single

The what?

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. otherdemon

The what?

Bent, Snah & Deathprod fooling around at the Blissard sessions. Deathprod did however release the single on his Morals & Dogma boxset earlier, so I'm not 100% sure if it will be on the expanded Blissard.
    From the trivia page:

Deathprod. recording the Jörg Mager Trio
    7" (33 1/3 RPM) on clear vinyl. Subtopia MZO 2321/A / MZO 2322/A.
    Released in 1995.

Side 1: "A Shortcut To The Stars" (Ryan)
    Side 2: "La Luna" (Sten)

Deathprod. recording the Jörg Mager Trio. Produced by Deathprod. Personel on
    this recording: The Jörg Mager Trio. Recording date: 08.10.95. Recording
    equipment: 2 track Tandberg series 1200X. 2 RCA 77 DX microphones. Tape speed:
    1 7/8 ips. Recording facility: Atlantis studio - main room. Mastering: Audun
    Strype at Strype Audio. Postscript illustration: Amoeba aka Watz (E-mail:
    amoeba@pobox.com). Sats: Allkopi. Trykk: Team trykk. Pressing: Gramofonové
    Závody. Wishes you a merry christmas: Subtopia!

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. knoot

15. kjellepelle

This was a christmas "card"/greetings from the Designcompany Subtopia to its customers/friends. I belive you can listen to some of it befor the Blissard cd starts (Track zero, but not on all pressings I belive) but need to confirm it as I havent listened to it for many years. They also performed live at one point, I belive I still got the ticket for that performance somewhere

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. nils1

The cover on my Jörg Mager 7" is different from the one linked here. Its like the one on page 39 in this link: http://www.subtopia.no/portfolio/recordsleeves/subtopia_recordsleeves.pdf

It is numbered by hand with pencil (25 ex or something like that) and has a Christmas greeting text on the back side of the cover, I think.

Is the blue one the official version and the other one the Christmas card version?

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. kjellepelle

Never seen that version, mine is like Knuts version. I think this was done in an edition of 300.

http://www.discogs.com/Deathprod-Recording-Jörg-Mager-Trio-The-Deathprod-Recording-The-Jörg-Mager-Trio/release/1001256

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. otherdemon

Actually, if you guys have heard the little intermezzo between In The Family and Un Chien D'espace on AADAP: That's actually a snippet from A Shortcut To The Stars.

The hidden track in front of Blissard is neither of those two songs. Funny info: I have a CD-version of Blissard that has 8 1/2 mins of silence in front of Blissard instead of the bonustrack! Is that a rare or a faulty version?

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. kjellepelle

Ok, as I said it was long time since I've heard the pre-songs Blizzard track. What pressing is the cd you've got. not sure if the Stickman version had the pre-song track. Have to check when I'm home for work

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. otherdemon

It's an early Columbia/Sony pressing, purchased shortly after it was released.

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. ThorEgil

@otherdemon - this is described at Discogs

Strangely enough I have what claims to be the same edition, starting straight at sinful,wind-borne - at least on my CD player.
    According to Discogs, the only edition containing the bonus track is the first Stickman release (PSYCHOBABBLE 003).

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. supernaut

According to Discogs, the only edition containing the bonus track is the first Stickman release (PSYCHOBABBLE 003)

can confirm by owning.

I bet it'll reappear on this 4CD version...

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. otherdemon

Ok. But it's still strange than when I rewound it on my CD-player, there's 8 1/2 mins of silence there instead of the bonustrack. But nevermind, I have it on mp3, and it's not really anything special...

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. gyankumar

Hej! Psychobubble 003. Put the CD in. Before it starts with *Sinful, wind-borne* you press fast rewind and go all the way back to 8.35. It´s a pretty quite intro with piano, fender rhodes, percussion and acoustic guitar. Nothing special but a nice intro. I am also excited about the Blissard 4 CD box, but on the other hand, I have not listened too often to the whole Timothys Monster box either. I prefer the original. Let´s just hope that there will be some outtakes and maybe a life version of S.T.G.

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. supernaut

@otherdemon
    That's really weird. No one else here with a Sony pressing to confirm? Maybe it was a joke against teh evil corporates.

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. kak

Being Norwegian, I was pretty sure I had the Sony/Columbia release, but it turns out it's on Birdnest Records, licenced by Stickman. #bird102cd. It has the hidden track.

Posted 7 years ago #
  27. mefisto

I have two versions of Blissard on CD.

The Sony/Columbia version (col 483786 2) has the secret track before track 1.

The 2CD version of Angels and Daemons at Play (Blissard as a bonus disc), Australian company Green Balloon (GB 008) has no secret track before track 1, only silence instead.

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. kippenhok

I've got 3 versions of the Blissard CD:

-Stickman Psychobabble 003; German pressing: has the bonus track before S/W-B.
    -Shock Records GB008,Australian pressing: does not have the bonus track, but it does have the 8.35 of silence before S/W-B.
    -Offworld OW002CD, Italian pressing: does not have the bonus track, or silence before S/W-B

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. TvdR

And again I'm happily proven wrong!

From the Stickman site:

17.09.2012 Coming soon: "Blissard" Deluxe Reissue

After the extensive "Timothy's Monster" deluxe edition, we're now in the final stages of putting together the next Motorpsycho release. The upcoming "Blissard" deluxe edition will also contain 4 CDs with the original album and lots of "lost" material from the various sessions leading up to the release of the album. Expect to be surprised.

The release date is not yet 100% confirmed, but we're aiming for late November. And news of the vinyl version will be following too!

Grtz,

Thomas

Posted 7 years ago #
  30. Un.Chien.d.Espace

a vinyl version? wow wow wow, but what about a vinyl version of the timothy's monster deluxe edition then?

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.