Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho & The Pub :-)

(26 posts)

Tags:

1. Holle

I work since some years at a classic and freaky blues and rock pub close to Bielefeld.
    Over the years this Pub went more and more in a Psychonaut Pub.

Here are some Pics:
    I made a Poster from the nice Powerline Presskit Pic as a birthday gift for the barkeeper:

The Poster from the outstanding Bremen Unicorn Show:

You know it, I guess:

You can try the delicious pizza Motorpsycho:

With: cucumber, tomato, banana, spaghetti, garlic and optional, for the special taste: feta cheese
    Here it is:

Of coure it's a veggie pizza.
    Some ticket's from concerts the barkeeper saw:

(click on the pic's to see bigger one)

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. supernaut

woah that pizza looks amazing!

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. gyankumar

Jesus fucking christ that sounds disgusting. Cucumber, spaghetti and banana, who cares if it is a vegetarian pizza if it tastes like shit. Believe me, the only place in the world where people will eat and pay for something like that must be Germany. I am sure you need to be stoned out of your head and you have gulp it down with half a litre of Jägermeister. Mahlzeit!

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Vegard B. Havdal

5. supernaut

the only place in the world where people will eat and pay for something like that must be Germany.

I'd skip the spaghetti. But cucumber and banana? I will try this. Though I'd put only fresh banana on it when it's done coming out of the oven. Baked or cooked banana is evil.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Holle

This wasn`t my Idea.
    I doubted that it will taste good. But it does.
    Spagehtti and cucumber have no really self character taste, but the combination of banana and garlic is great. And Feta gives the kick.
    But maybe - most of the people who liked it are german - and some are english

I'm sure that the guy who created this wonderful pizza wasn't stoned and he certainly drank no Jägermeister (that is a totally typical bad german drink :wink:) but maybe he drank to much

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Vegard B. Havdal

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Un.Chien.d.Espace

judging something without knowing it, that's typical....where are you from, gyankumar?

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Great King Rat

judging something without knowing it, that's typical....where are you from, gyankumar?

Well, to be precise, he didn't really judge it, he just said it "sounded" disgusting - which is fair enough to say. I agree on that one. What I find interesting is that bad food seems to be associated with Germany... In fact, here in Germany, we have a common prejudice saying it's the English who are supposed to eat a lot of crap! No offense intended, it's just a prejudice... Though I have to say I'm not a huge fan of blood pudding, f.ex.

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. Un.Chien.d.Espace

@TheOne FormerlyKnownAsDaniel:

oh yeah, the augustiner is great and the edelstoff, too...

@Great King Rat:

yeah but associating bad food with germany is a prejudice...i mean i haven't ate a pizza with bananas on it and i think it could taste bad but i still would try it at least...and "I am sure you need to be stoned out of your head and you have gulp it down with half a litre of Jägermeister. Mahlzeit!" isn't friendly either...

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. Little Lucid Me

I was hoping there were a couple of innocent translation errors but then I saw the photo.
    Instead of "Motorpsycho," the pizza should be called "Let Them Eat This"

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. One Augustiner is also a Schnitzel!

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. Great King Rat

@Un.Chien.d.Espace

So, there really is that prejudice about German food? If I may ask, where are you from? And if you're not German, is that a popular commonplace in your country?

Can other non-German psychonauts confirm this?

I'm just curious about that because I haven't heard that one before. I know we are supposed to have no humour and to be over-correct and so on but I've never come across the bad-food-thing...

Don't get me wrong: I'm not insulted or angry or anything like that. I'm just interested in prejudices. In fact, I like them as a phenomenon, I even think they're quite natural and normal, and many are even really funny!

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Great King Rat

Btw, I love our food! And a pizza with banana, spaghetti and cucumber is not exactly representative for German food... at least I hope so! Haven't been in Bielefeld for quite some time.

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. Un.Chien.d.Espace

i'm german, too but have you ever thought about the sterotype of fat germans? seems that everyone thinks that we eat schnitzel, sauerkraut and wurst all the day...but it's true that some germans exaggerate the possibilities of pizza creations...:-)

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. Holle

Guys, please calm down.
    That wasn't the intension of this thread.
    The pizza sounds obscure.
    Or what?
    But extraordinarily it smells. A lot of people claims it.
    Maybe that is what a lot of gernman do. they try something new.
    why?
    the classical german food is truely terrible, scheinsbraten, kassler & eisbein are bad, very bad.
    we have nearly no intresting traditionel good food. not like the italian, french ore so...
    so, some people try new ways.
    sometimes with italian food.

and the reason why the pizza is veggie is that bent is a vegetarian ( like me )

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. fillmore

I love traditional German food. What is wrong you people? Haxe, Schweinebraten, Eisbein, Kohlroulade, Schnitzel, Sauerbraten, Klöße, Rotkohl, Sauerkraut, Blutwurst -- it's the best! It's just as great as Czech, Bavarian or Thuringian cuisine. This is my favourite restaurant just around the corner of my place. I am actually pretty serious about it and I am sure I am not alone...? I am sure Geb at least loved a Schnitzel every now and then. Come on people, speak out!

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. Germans do have great food:

We actually have this for breakfast sometimes...

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. Maybe we not have the world's best main dishes, but Obazda is just great in between!

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. And not forget about our breads:

@fillmore: "Zur Haxe" in the middle of Berlin, cool!

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. supernaut

LLM: the pizza should be called "Let Them Eat This" [:wink:]

yeah, true!

@greatkingrat:
    the main prejudice about german food is that it's fat, oily and everything gets dunked in a buttery cream sauce. And it all goes with kraut. I never heard that german cuisine is considered "haute".

btw I like to point out that english cuisine is much better than its reputation. I've been to Wales and I ate very well. It's "pure" as in simple, natural, fresh and therefore tasty. Stuff that grows on trees and hills, in the ground and in the seas. All down to earth, non-processed, not fancy nor chic, just yummy.

At one point I got a breakfast omelett with cheese, tomatoes, olives and strawberries, though. But it was actually really good. Even took a pic, because no one would believe me:

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. supernaut

and the reason why the pizza is veggie is that bent is a vegetarian ( like me [8)]

another german speciality: SAUMAGEN! YUCK! (english: pig stomach) It's ex-chancellor Helmut Kohl's favourite. Well, look at him. And this considering his name.

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. Not to forget:

But I think that's from Austria... http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. vorsla

26. vorsla

how do I upload pictures in the forum ??

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.