Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Rob

Heavy Metal Fruit... cool title. Wonder what it predicts about the content

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. supernaut

maybe the space opera, no?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Rune

They had the Heavy Metal Fruit shirts on sale already on the previous tour. They must have been planning this a while.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Un.Chien.d.Espace

heard something about prelistenings of this record in berlin & cologne...maybe some of the "insiders" want to leak some informations?

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Hovmod

Cool title.
    So far no live previews on this tour, iirc.
    What does that mean?
    Now I'm extremely curious.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Great King Rat

Great news! Do you think the title means that they look at heavy metal in a somewhat milder way than they used to? Consider the first roadworks title... Anyway, I always had a soft spot for metal, so I'm really looking forward to that fruit!

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. TraktorBass

Sweeeeet mother!

Minds will probably be blown. Again!

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. robotlove

Looking forward to it, first COTF, and now a new album soon. Maybe it is going to be space opera-ish, or perhaps old school heavy metal, considering the title "Heavy Metal Fruits" might be "borrowed" (as they like to do from time to time) from Blue Öyster Cult, I think. Who cares, they are still evolving, we owe our deepest bows and hearty salutations to them, whatever they choose to deliver us mortals. Anyways, I really thing Bent and Snah have really taken Kapstad up from under their wings now, letting him play his part, and letting him melt together with them. I think they are pretty influenced by him by now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Evol

Heavy Metal IS a poze!

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Krist

Wow, the boys really work hard and fast. I guess this will be the space opera thing. I can't wait already. We are really being spoiled.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Un.Chien.d.Espace

close your eyes will be on the new album....as far as i know...

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. ingmarwa

woo! great, it's a excellent song.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Rune

close your eyes will be on the new album....as far as i know... [:MPD:]

That is excellent news!!! A killer song. Fabulous live.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Krist

How do you know that UnChien? Would be great, and about time they released that song.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Un.Chien.d.Espace

a little bird told me....hmf will contain 6 songs, it will last about 62 min and the last song will be about 22 min...and yes, it's the space opera...

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. supernaut

drooooooool

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Holle

so if here a little bird talking
    this one talked me that close your eyes will be very short on the new album,
    don't expect something like they played 2002.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Red Mosquito

@Rune: One should be aware that they recorded a rather short version of the song, the floydish long prog-ballad is "cleaned" in the studio and we'll have to see what we prefer... but I guess it will be another thing when they bring it live onstage again

One last appetizer: We can definately expect the best sounding mp in the Kenneth-era!

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Un.Chien.d.Espace

should i shut up?

i mean it's kind of unfair if there are some insiders and a bunch of outsiders...

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. Rune

should i shut up? [:?]

i mean it's kind of unfair if there are some insiders and a bunch of outsiders...

Hah! Cat's out of the bag now. I've been humming Close Your Eyes for about an hour.
    Feel free to share more rumours.

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. otherdemon

I think you should keep up with the info

The way MP currently are presenting themselves , word of mouth between fans is possibly the best way to get information nowadays.

So yeah, share more rumours

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. Hovmod

Close your eyes kicked serious ass in Paradiso, the slow prog-ballad bit went places they rarely go.

Of course it's also on the absolute outer limits of their voice capabilities.

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. Un.Chien.d.Espace

ok, there will be guests...one guy from jaga jazzist playing trumpet "miles davis style" on one song...and one female singer from norway (was it rebekka bakken?) singing a duet with snah! (i'm not kidding!)....that's all i know....

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. Hovmod

:drool:

Posted 10 years ago #
  26. wow.

Posted 10 years ago #
  27. Elvin

This is like only 2 months away!

Posted 10 years ago #
  28. Be

Oh no! A trumpet! Jaga jazzist! The darkest hippie memories of the low point of mps career come back to my mind. Bizarre festival gig in 2000 something being the worst gig I have ever seen them play!

I hope it's something different!

Posted 10 years ago #
  29. Hyena

looks like christmas is in januari next year!

seriously stoked!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.