Camp Motorpsycho » General

New release before the Øya-gig!

(57 posts)
  1. alex

according to this (norwegian) article MP will release a 4CD-boxset before the Øya-gig i august..

some previously unreleased stuff, something which has only seen the light of day on various samplers etc.. also another version of Timothy's, the pre-version, with some other songs than those which ended up on the original release might be released..

ballado.no

Bent also confirms that both Lars Lien and deathprod will be on stage at Øya, and that Morten F will do the lights.. The also want Anneli Drecker to sing on TGC.

alex.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Holle

wow.
    great.
    what about at least with Øyvind Brandtsegg?

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Mark

What does it say about Gebhardt?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. alex

it just says they haven't spoken to him (or Anneli) yet, but they reckon Anneli will sing on TGC..

my guess is that Geb won't be a part of this..

it also says that they probably won't do the songs in the same order as on TM, due to the hazzle of bringing ppl on and off stage..

alex.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. alex

superstooka: what do you mean Øyvind Brandtsegg? he wasn't involved in anything with MP before sometime after Y2K as far as I know..

alex.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Vegard B. Havdal

alex: check the musician credits on The Golden Core.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. alex

shaite..! oh well, the article didn't say anything about him, so....

alex.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. otherdemon

Thx for the link.

I think this is the pre-version:

1.Feel(03:31:00)
    2.Trapdoor(04:21:18)
    3.Leave it like that(02:34:21)
    4.A shrugh & a fistfull(03:14:24)
    5.Kill some day(06:51:28)
    6.The wheel(08:48:02)
    7.Watersound(05:10:16)
    8.On my pillow(05:43:02)
    8.Wearin yr Smell(03:36:18)
    9.Now its time to skate(04:55:13)
    10.Grindstone(07:16:17)
    11.The golden core(13:00:15)

Originally meant for the UK and US markets.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. stereosofa

i guess this is the correct link to the article

http://www.ballade.no/nmi.nsf/doc/art2010061512350674097962

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. kippenhok

i don't think it will be the short version, any differences in sound are very subtle only.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. ijustpop

otherdemon: That's not the pre-version.
    This new box-set should (and definitely will) include different mixes, takes and/or songs.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. supernaut

wooohooo happy here.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. CaptainAubrey

Haha, keep it coming guys! They are really on a roll these days. If they announced a tripple-cd with all new material, in a special box that glows in the dark and smells when you scratch it (with a limited edition foldout inflatable-Kenneth K.)to be released within two weeks I wouldn't be surprised!

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. TraktorBass

Seems they're not playing TM from start to finish like on the record: "Jeg tviler også på at vi kommer til å spille albumet fra a til å. Det blir jævlig kølat å få folk av og på, og jeg regner med at vi legger opp en litt annen dramaturgi enn på plata for det praktiske skyld."

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. fillmore

Wow! Finally they dig into the vaults for a juicy release! Been waiting for this! Add some live releases and we can't ask for more!

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Ivan

@CaptainAubrey: haha...THAT would be great! and i´m sill waiting for my pop-up cover...
    anyway.....good news!

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Holle

live releases.
    yes.
    at first they should add a download coupon for the timothy's monster show to the awesome 4 cd box. that would be very cool.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. stereosofa

@ superstooka: wow, "download coupon for the timothy's monster show" this would be the very best idea to perfect that special TM-release.
    have you already suggested that to rune and/ or stickman?
    we should enter a petition for that.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Holle

I hope that they will reading this here.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. NowItsTimeToSkate

This band has been with me almost like forever.

The last time they released an album was on my birthday, that day sadly was the last time I was ever to see my father alive aswell.

The Timothy gig on the 14th is on his birthday, bittersweet year it is.

That aside, keep the releases coming, it makes life a lot easier.

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. TvdR

Sounds like great news to me! Indeed, are we finally going to see well-done, actually-adding-something "archive editions" of Motorpsycho? Maybe even an official, 4-cd retrospective, best-of box set?

@NowItsTimeToSkate: Hang in there during these hard times & commiserations with your loss.

Greets,

Thomas

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. Rob

Wow, I'd love to see that concert, so much memories would come to life... Let's hope for a good recording of this one, an official release would be even cooler.

Anneli Drecker live on TGC is rather special indeed. I don't think that ever happened before (I remember asking on motortrades about it). To me, TGC is one of the few MP songs of which the album version still beats all live recordings I have, mainly because of her vocals.

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. otherdemon

Nope, Anneli Drecker has never sung TGC live with MP before. So that will be a first.

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. Ratmaus

Isn't it time to speculate on what songs we can expect to be included in the boxset? On The Toad Again is a safe bet as it was intended for the album, as well as Space Cadet Boogie and Seethe. I think Lake Innersfree by Sir Lord Baltimore was recorded at the Timmy sessions, too, but will they include cover songs? Then we'd probably also have Workin' For MCA (Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Shock Me (Kiss). Hmm. And what about the remaining songs from the "lost album" from '94, do they count? When the World Sleeps, Black W'abbit (Alabama Kids) and early versions of Stalemate, 7th Dream and Flick of the Wrist, I'd sure like to hear them all.

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. fillmore

That early instrumental take of "Giftland" that has been circulating for years? I am sure there are enough treasures in the vaults to send us into motorpsychodelic heaven!

Posted 10 years ago #
  26. Un.Chien.d.Espace

@ratmaus: what "lost album"?

@fillmore: i think that instrumental giftland wasn't a early take...it was the final song just without vocals if i remember correctly...

Posted 10 years ago #
  27. Ratmaus

@chien: It's mentioned at the bottom of this page. They recorded a bunch of songs for an album at the Art Academy in Trondheim, all sessions during nighttime afaik (check band commentary on Mad Sun and/or Watersound on the Hair Cuts DVD). Then they ditched the whole thing, and some of the recordings were later released as B-sides.

Edit: Oh, and that Giftland thing is a different take. It's a rather loose jam, isn't it?

Posted 10 years ago #
  28. Un.Chien.d.Espace

i once had a "outtake" labeled version of giftland...but that was just giftland without vocals...

Posted 10 years ago #
  29. supernaut

a listenable recording of Starless would be nice.

Posted 10 years ago #
  30. TAF

Yeah, Starless would be a treat.

Which makes me wonder; just how many of the cover songs that they've done live have also been recorded in a studio environment? Seems to me that they had so easy access to studio facilities that it's not unlikely that they recorded a lot more than what's been made available. Here's hoping for a "Motorpsycho plays other people" record some time in the future.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.