Camp Motorpsycho » General

London-gigs

(79 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Carl Kristian Johansen
  • Latest reply from Grimr
  1. welsh rarebit

The confusion over one or two dates; Mean Fiddler, Barfly and Borderline venues, comes from the fact that the Mean Fiddler if I have understood this correctly is a big corporate thingy with several different venues under its umbrella, including The Borderline, Barfly, HMV Hammersmith Odeon, Barfly Cardiff and others. If nothing else pops up and I'm wrong, it is probably just one date, at the Borderline. But one's better than none, especially since UK dates are such a rare treat. (And the European dates are always at times where it is impossible to get off work. This time, wild horses can't stop me.)

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. CaptainAubrey

I see..

So, out of curiousity, are there many UK fans on this board? Do people know of them over there?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. welsh rarebit

Nah, not really british, or Welsh which is a different thing altogether, just a Norwegian in exile. But I got some friends tuned into this little band of ours.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Un.Chien.d.Espace

hey guys, should i fly to stansted or gatwick? which has the better (cheaper) connection to london city?

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. zagaton

I think Gatwick is closer to Central London than Stansted. However, a bus company called Easybus (easybus.co.uk) drive buses to and from both airports, and their cheapest fares cost two pounds. I don't think it matters what airport you land at.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. kippenhok

it depends on where you stay as well. if you stay norht or east, generally stansted will be fine. if you stay south or west, gatwick is a much easier.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Un.Chien.d.Espace

ok thanks guys!

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. silentgeoff

Well, as a near London-based fan I suppose I have to pitch in. re Travel, Stansted is marginally closer to the venue than Gatwick, is also a smaller, more pleasant airport, and has the cheapo flights from Rygge or Torp with Ryanair. A rail link to Liverpool st station takes about 45mins, the Central Line tube to Tottenham Court Rd gets you 2 mins walk from the venue. Borderline is a slightly scruffy place (about the same size as Blå) with an odd layout which can mean being stuck behind pillars or round corners, so close to the stage is the best spot. I hope MP have their own sound man with them, last thing I saw there had terrible sound! By the way, it's easy to miss the venue, it's up a side alley off the West side of Charing Cross Road. Nearby Charlotte Street and Gerrard Street (Chinatown) have some good eating places by the way.
    And am I excited about this gig? You bet, and Puma (with Stian Westerhus) are playing London the week before too!

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. kuni

Yeha...
    now the tickets are in germany.
    my ticket was yesterday in the post.
    Sleeping is in an Hostel 0,5 miles from the location:
    Astor Museum Inn
    27 Montague Street
    Bloomsbury
    London

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Jefferson

Any chance for other gigs this fall?

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. CaptainAubrey

We're going to that other Motor-band while we're there, Motorhead! Great combo!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Wulf

There are lots of other bands/musicians playing London the days around MP:
    Therapy?, Vibrators, We are Scientist, Soulfly, No Means No, Laetitia Sadier, Jimmy Eat World, Monster Magnet, As I Lay Dying, Get Well Soon, Sleepy Sun, and many many more

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. CaptainAubrey

Sleepy Sun! Love their new album, "Fever". Guess we'll fit them in there too..

Btw.. A-ha plays on the 27th.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. TvdR

Nomeansno... They're still going strong! Also, one of the funniest album covers I've ever seen...

Greets,

Thomas

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. TAF

For anyone into King Crimson, Adrian Belew Power Trio will play Islington Academy tomorrow night. Top notch musicianship all around! (adrianbelew.net for more info)

Unfortunately I had booked my trip to London before the MP/E9 date was officially announced, and will be there the week before the gig. :'(

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. harry

So when was this concert? Yesterday?
    Where are the reports then? No setlist??

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Un.Chien.d.Espace

it's on november 24th...still one month to go..

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. harry

So.. you mean we're not in november now??
    oops...

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. supernaut

Adrian Belew Power Trio are brilliant. He and very young siblings on drums and bass. Saw them in a small cozy club. Good fun. Very recommended.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Un.Chien.d.Espace

so guys, who's coming to london?

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. zagaton

I'll attend the concert. I'll arrive London the same day, and go back the following day.

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. CaptainAubrey

As previously mentioned, I'm going. Also seeing Jònsi and Motorhead the following weekend. Can't wait to see what setlist they're pulling out of their sleeves. Lots of oldies? Mainly newer material? A set consisting only of The Clash-covers?

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. remialeksander

I will go, together with 3 friends travelling from Norway.

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. P-Naut

I have to cancel my trip to London. If anyone wants two tickets for free please send an e-mail. GIVEN AWAY.

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. kuni

I am coming with my girlfind from germany

Posted 10 years ago #
  26. swaggart

P-Naut: Didn't find out how to e-mail you.
    Can you contact me ?
    tommyh5(a)online.no

Posted 10 years ago #
  27. TraktorBass

@CaptainAubrey: The set list will consist of one song, and one song only. It will be a 1.5hr version of London Calling. Then they'll promptly and almost unnoticably jam their way into Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. It's the ultimate rick-roll..

Posted 10 years ago #
  28. Un.Chien.d.Espace

considering that they just announced new material with Ståle Storløkken, maybe we can hope for a sneak prelistening!?

Posted 10 years ago #
  29. Great King Rat

All of you going to London: have a nice trip and a great concert! I'd be there if I had the money and the time... Living in Istanbul right now (as I wrote elsewhere) I have little hope to see the guys in the near future, although there are some European and even American bands who play gigs here... we'll see.

Posted 10 years ago #
  30. Crackpot Idea

I had 2 tickets but gave them to a friend who, I know, will enjoy himself to bits!

Have fun in London!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.