• Latest reply from CaptainAubrey

Tags:

1. zigurd

According to Adresseavisa today

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. zigurd

Summary:
    They've interviewed Snah:
    - Geb will mainly play acc guitar and banjo, but cannot resist getting behind the drums for some songs.
    - Anneli has been asked, but is busy - time will show.
    - Lars Lien will play
    - So will Deathprod
    - Snah's found the red sweater and is considering cutting his hair and beard
    - Morten F will do the lights

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Red Mosquito

"Geb will play..."

Damn, wished I could see this! Have funy psychonauts

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. TvdR

Gebhardt will play: excellent!

But somehow I'm more excited about the red sweater... Could that mean he's considering bringing the red Guild Starfire as well?

Lucky bleeders: have fun!

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. zigurd

Audio/visual dokumentation requested!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. zigurd

7. TraktorBass

Good news

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Arild

Snah's found the red sweater and is considering cutting his hair and beard

Noooooooooo! Don't do it Samson!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Mo

Okay, I really want a european 'Timothy's Monster'-tour now...

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. otherdemon

Sorry Mo, but they've already stated several times that the Timothy's show @ Øya is a one-off thing.

They are however negotiating with NRKP3 about recording. Not sure if it'll be video or audio only.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Arild

They HAVE to make a DVD of this!

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. TvdR

Oh yes, please let them document this in some way!

However cool a Monster Tour would be for us, I think they would consider that too much of a stadium rock thing. Also, they would have to make sure everyone that played on the album can come on the tour, a lot of planning and money needed.

It could be cool though. I saw the Floyd play the whole "Dark Side of the Moon" when they toured for the 30th anniversary of that album, that was really good. And it seems that The Stooges with Williamson performing the whole of "Raw Power" right now is something to witness.

Greetings,

Thomas

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. otherdemon

Actually, Iggy and the Stooges are also playing at Øya. But that will not be a Raw Power show. Which is fine by me, because I want to hear some Funhouse and Kill City songs too

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. otherdemon

Gebhardt interview

Unfortunately, Anneli Drecker is playing with Röyksopp in Prague the same day as MP @ Øya . So she can't attend. But apparently all the other guest players will be there...

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. TvdR

@otherdemon: The Stooges are playing there too? So cool! According to the reviews I read, they don't play the whole thing stock from start to finish and intersperse songs from "Kill City Radio" and from the other two Stooges albums. Their shows are short to begin with and a festival gig could be even shorter, no time for the whole thing and "I wanna be your dog" anyway!

Greets,

Thomas

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. otherdemon

Yep, they're playing the first day (wednesday). They will play for just over an hour or so. Anyway, it's gonna be awesome seeing James Williamson performing these songs. One of the most influential guitar-players ever.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. TraktorBass

I'll be selling my ticket for wednesday if any of you are interested. Give me your email and I'll get in touch

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. ijustpop

Regarding the Stooges gig: I don't care about the Raw Power songs. It's seeing James Williamson and Iggy performing Kill City tunes that makes this reunion/tour so special. Can't wait!

Speaking of waiting... I'm anxiously checking my mailbox everyday now as well. Anyone got the boxset yet? Rune Grammofon guaranteed that preordering with them would get you the Timothy-box the fastest, so it really should arrive tomorrow.

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Un.Chien.d.Espace

for all stickman-users: stickfrau wrote on twitter that they will send the orders out on friday! horray!

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. TvdR

Excellent! Maybe in time for the official release date on Monday!

T

Posted 9 years ago #
  21. otherdemon

Message from Rune Grammofon:

We are sending out the Norwegian pre-orders on Friday, so you should all have it by Monday, the official release date. It´s a real beauty, by the way.
    Some overseas order have already been shipped, some will follow on Friday

Posted 9 years ago #
  22. Holle

so, no news about a NRKP3 or an other prof. recording/broadcasting ?

so guys. you have to do it.

pleaaaaase.

Posted 9 years ago #
  23. CaptainAubrey

So.. Kenneth AND Geb behind the drums on some songs???

Posted 9 years ago #
  24. otherdemon

So.. Kenneth AND Geb behind the drums on some songs???

Yes, but only a few apparently. Geb will mostly stick to banjo and acoustic guitar.

Posted 9 years ago #
  25. CaptainAubrey

Yes, but only a few apparently. Geb will mostly stick to banjo and acoustic guitar.

Probably Giftland.. Maybe The Wheel.. It's gonna be fun either way!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.