Camp Motorpsycho » General

The Psychonauts MOTORPYCHO ALBUMCUP 2010

(31 posts)
  1. Elvin

While we wait for a new tour, album, ep and dvd, I thought it would be fun and to do a album cup of mps albums.

The rules are easy, you vote for the album you want to win, and in one week (or so), we´ll see who´ll meet in the semis etc.

I gave the albums a number and used a random number generator to spilt them into the different groups. I´ll use this method again to see who´ll battle each other in the quarter and semi finals.

Here round 1:

Group A
    Let them eat Cake VS Barracuda

Group B
    Soothe VS Heavy Metal Fruit

Group C
    Blissard VS It's a love cult

Group D
    Trust Us VS Phanerothyme

Group E
    Demon Box VS Angels and Daemons at

Group F
    Lobotomizer VS Child of the Future

Group G
    Little Lucid Moments VS Black Hole / Blank Canvas

Group H
    Timothy's Monster VS In the Fishtank

To make the math add up I had to omit some albums, hence no tusslers or roadworks. (sorry, but it was either 8 or 16 groups, and 16 would include a lot of eps and a lot of work)

Now´ll lets see if we can get this polls to work

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Elvin

Group A Let them eat Cake VS Barracuda
    Group B Soothe VS Heavy Metal Fruit
    Group C Blissard VS It's a love cult
    Group D Trust Us VS Phanerothyme
    Group E Demon Box VS Angels and Daemons at play
    Group F Lobotomizer VS Child of the Future
    Group G Little Lucid Moments VS Black Hole / Blank Canvas
    Group H Timothy's Monster VS In the Fishtank

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Steini

Done !
    :0)

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. otherdemon

Yay, I love competitions/polls!

My votes have been cast, the only one I had trouble deciding was group D. Other than that, the voting was pretty easy actually

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. supernaut

Groups G & H are not fair. BH and the Fishtank probably don't stand any chance there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Elvin

yeah, poor fishtank. Love cult probably doesn´t stand a chance as well.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Andreas the Totenoid

Cool! I'd rate both Demon Box and AADAP top five any time, but hey, cup is cup.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. GBD

Voted!

This is fun!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. juniper

done!

how can AADAP get more votes than Demon Box!!!!!!

you youngsters!!!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. simaen

i can't see how age should be related to which MP album you like the most.
    i heard daemon box first, however i like aadap more =)

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. juniper

it was just a little kidding, as demon+timmy are my favourites ever !

"soothe" was the first album i heard/bought(together with 3 song for rut - 7"),pretty young i was 15, at that time that record really changed me in some-many-ways, like demon and later timmy did.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. dolphyn

Done, but I think Barracuda and COTF should stand against eachother since they're not "real" albums.

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. stereosofa

uh, that's nerdy fun... voted.

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. starmelt99

Come on kids : AADAP is a Poze !!! DEMON BOX is a Laifschteil !!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Elvin

They were all drawn randomly considering who´d meet who. They might not "real" ,I know what you mean, but still, real enough. same w/fishtank and soothe, but I felt they were more, ehmm, "real" albums, than roadwork, tussler or any of the other ep´s. Every cup need some outsiders
    Also, my post, so I make the rules

Demon Box > AADAP

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. otherdemon

Even though Demon Box was the first MP album I bought (though I'd heard Timmy first),
    I think AADAP is better. More distinct variation, better songs and Un Chien which is better than all tracks on DB. So that wasn't a hard choice.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Mark

Don't call TM "Timmy", for chrissakes. Please.

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Seattle Psychonaut

See, here I'm toast. I thinkthey're all valid. But I gotta put Roadwork up there with AADAP Heavy Metal Fruit. It was the first MP that really got me and still gets lots of spin. Truth is, this-or-that elimination rounds just don't pan out even. (We go through this every year with "The Final Four" College Baskeball playoffs. It's just a mess.)But fun nonetheless. I think there are comporables. Demon Box vs TM / LTEC vs Phanareoethyme / LLM vs Heavt Metal / Trust Us vs AADAP. But the random generation is pretty interesting. (sorry for my atrocious typing)

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Seattle Psychonaut

Oooh, one more. In the Fishtank vs MP Presents... would you rather hear MP do Jazz or Americana. (Love 'em both)

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Elvin

Fishtank > Tussler 1 > Tussler 2

Posted 9 years ago #
  21. supernaut

interesting: 95 votes. where are those people? i feel there's always the same crazy dozen hangin round here.

Posted 9 years ago #
  22. harry

Some people read this forum every day but are too shy to write anything. Like me.

Posted 9 years ago #
  23. CaptainAubrey

This wasn't too hard! Only Demon Box vs. AADAP made me consider.Went for AADAP, not because I like it more, but because I figured Demon Box would get most of the votes anyway. Sucks that Phanerothyme had to go this early.. But cup is cup!

Posted 9 years ago #
  24. Ivan

Some people read this forum every day but are too shy to write anything. Like me.

well i´m not too shy but my english sucks.

D(P) and E(DB) was a hard decision but G is impossible for me....

Posted 9 years ago #
  25. Elvin

well i´m not too shy but my english sucks.

Yr not the only one so I wouldn´t worry too much about that, most of us here doesn´t have english as our first language, but we´ll mostly get ourselves understood. I hope.

Posted 9 years ago #
  26. supernaut

yeh, don't be shy. and writing here shows me how bad my english is getting by the day. but why bother...

Posted 9 years ago #
  27. Seattle Psychonaut

I got only English but i get you guys loud-and-clear. I think you English is fine. Thanks ofr all that too. That way I can folow what goes on.
    Peace,
    Seattle Psychonaut

Posted 9 years ago #
  28. Elvin

Last day of voting!

Tomorrow we´ll see who´ll meet in the exciting quarterfinals!

Posted 9 years ago #
  29. supernaut

It was IN! Everyone saw it but HIM!

Posted 9 years ago #
  30. Elvin

It was in!

Now; round one is finish!
    No shockers, except maybe for group E
    Here are the results:

Group A: Let them eat Cake drove faster than Barracuda with 74% of the votes

Group B: Soothe didn´t manage to eat the Heavy Metal Fruit who got 88%

Group C: Blissard got 89% and sent It's a love cult to the horrible pits of Neverland

Group D: Trust us got 86%, while Phanerothyme has to go back to california with 14%

Group E: The epic battle between Angels and Demons saw Demon Box getting slayed by Angels and Daemons at play who got 61%. (editors note: WHAT?!!!!)

Group F: Lobotomizer was lobotomised and Child of the Future won with 75%

Group G: Little Lucid Moments sent Black Hole/Blank Canvas into the darkness with 73%

Group H: I´m almost a bit amazed that Timothy's Monster didn´t get 100%, In the Fishtank got a cute 6% (8 votes)

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.