Camp Motorpsycho » General

Snah on tour with Bol

(29 posts)

Tags:

1. Wulf

Bol is touring in february with Snah.

On feb 9th they will play at Jazzclub Unterfahrt in Munich.

Bol is one of four norwegian bands in a row at Unterfahrt. The others are Caecilie Norby & Bugge Wesseltoft & Lars Danielsson, Torun Eriksen & Band and the imo really great Espen Eriksen Trio.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. CaptainAubrey

Tromsø 04.02!

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Un.Chien.d.Espace

will they play somewhere else in germany, too? can't find any other german dates...

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. fillmore

Would love to see this! Can't find the dates either.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Tomcat

Wohoo, hope they'll play more than Munich over here - the announcement sounds magnificent!

Mi. 09.02. 21 Uhr
    The Norway of Jazz N° 33
    BOL WITH SNAH (MOTORSPYCHO) AND STIAN WESTERHUS

Tone Åse (voc, live electronics), Ståle Storløkken (synthezizers, sounds), Tor Haugerud (dr), Hans Magnus”Snah” Ryan (git), Stian Westerhus (git).
    Tone Åse hat ihre musikalische Ausbildung, u.a. eine klassische Gesangsausbildung, in Bergen und an den Musikkonservatorien von Trøndelag und Trondheim durchlaufen. Seit 1991 gehört sie dem experimentell ausgerichteten Vokalensemble Kvitretten an und war somit ein Mitglied der ersten Stunde. 1995 gründet sie zusammen mit dem Keyboarder Ståle Storløkken, dem Saxofonisten Tor Yttredal und dem Schlagzeuger Tor Haugerud die Band Bol, deren Musik eine Mischung aus progressivem Rock, Jazz, elektronischer Musik sowie Pop und Folk darstellt. Bol kommt an diesem Abend mit Verstärkung: mit Hans Magnus”Snah” Ryan und Stian Westerhus, die zu den innovativsten Musikern der aktuellen norwegischen Szene zählen. "Symphonic progrock goes to minimalistic nu-jazz and electronic noise. Do not miss out on the meeting between the improvising rock-pop-tronica- trio BOL and two of Norway’s most interesting, genrecrossing and powerful guitarists!" Tone.

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. fillmore

I wrote them asking about more dates. Here's their reply:

Hi Alex !

Bol is playing with Snah and Stian Westerhus in Oslo @ Mono monday 7/2, and @ Unterfrahrt, Munich the 9/2. (a very short "tour" this time, hope for more to come!)

Tone

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Holle

wow. wana see this, off course, but don't want travel to munichc if it is not nessacary.
    I immediately wrote bunker ulmenwall in bielefeld, one of the finest small jazz clubs in germany.
    will see what happen.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. fillmore

Cool! I, too, was thinking to try to get them a gig in Berlin...

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Un.Chien.d.Espace

well done, superstooka! i hope that will work out!

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Tomcat

Info now also spread on the western clubs

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. fillmore

I bet they will fly down there, so our efforts will be in vain...

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. Tomcat

I'm afraid you'll be right - general problem: short term planning! Only offer so far is Hotel + entrance in Cologne :-/ Good place!

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. fillmore

Which is not too bad. Which club? King George is where I could see them play a cool gig.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. Un.Chien.d.Espace

king georg is way to small...

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. fillmore

I wouldn't expect that big a crowd: 50 persons -- if they are lucky. They are virtually unknown here and Snah (or Westerhus for that matter) won't be such a big draw alone. That is my guess at least...

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. Un.Chien.d.Espace

that's true but they don't even have a stage at the king george, i was there once, watch a trail of dead acoustic show and i can't imagine bol + 2 guests having enough space there...

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. Un.Chien.d.Espace

*watching*

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. Gonna be in Munich, Unterfahrt is not far from me. Gonna tell you how it was!

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. fillmore

Just a reminder: They will play Oslo today and München on Wednesday. Has anyone been to the concert in Tromsø last Friday?

Posted 6 years ago #
  20. CaptainAubrey

Has anyone been to the concert in Tromsø last Friday?

Ahhhh.. The disappointments. The tourpage was quite unclear about what was "previous" and what was "upcoming" shows, so the thing is: they played Tromsø 04.02 LAST YEAR, (without Snah). At least I found out before turning up at the club..

Sucks, 'cause that gig was going to be my (oh so small) consolation for not going to any of the MP-shows in march.

Posted 6 years ago #
  21. otherdemon

For those of you not getting to see BOL w/ Snah & Westerhus. Here are two hi-quality vids:

http://www.naden.de/blog/bbvideo-bbpress-video-plugin -->

[+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video
    http://www.naden.de/blog/bbvideo-bbpress-video-plugin -->
    [+] Embed the video | Video DownloadGet the Flash Video

Or maybe these are old, and you have all seen 'em a dozen times at least!

Posted 6 years ago #
  22. fillmore

So who attended the show in München yesterday and how was it?

Posted 6 years ago #
  23. Wulf

For those who are interested in, you can now find my recording of the Munich gig on motortrades. It was very dynamic, so the first about 15 minutes are very very quiet on the recording.

So, how was it? Hmmm... hard to describe the music. Quiet and slow against noisy improvising psych-jazz-rock with experimental singing. For me it's nothing to hear at home while relaxing on the sofa. But seeing it live was more than great with a special atmosphere, good feelings, outstanding musicians and of course: Snah! I'd watch them again when they'd come along once more sometime.

Posted 6 years ago #
  24. fillmore

Wow, thanks!

Posted 6 years ago #
  25. supernaut

oh thanks for the vids. missed them completely!

Posted 6 years ago #
  26. otherdemon

Thx a lot for that gig, Wolf! DL'ing as we speak...

Posted 6 years ago #
  27. otherdemon

Bol&Snah are playing in Oslo 2018!

I'll be there...

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  28. ThorEgil

And OrangeFactory Feb 10th - http://www.orangefactory.be/

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  29. petterfe

Tickets for the Bol&Snah show at Kafé Hærverk in Oslo on February 9th are now available here: https://kafehaerverk.hoopla.no/sales/bol-snah

Posted 5 days ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.