Camp Motorpsycho » General

Vinyl - Demon Box ++

(24 posts)
  1. stalemate

Hi all,
    I have a few holes in my vinyl collection, and was wondering:
    - Demon Box was released on double vinyl, but seems to be a ghost now - I haven't seen a single copy on any used or new- marketplace I know of (don't mind hearing about good places btw) Anyone knows the story, or where to get it? ( Neener-neeners will be tracked down and shot at dawn, btw )
    - What about Black Hole /..?
    - Same goes for LTEC (Not that important, but...
    - Was Fishtank ever released on Vinyl?
    - Was Roadworks II ?

A fool can ask so many questions

br
    S

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Juergen

Every item was released on vinyl, see here:

http://motorpsycho.fix.no/musicbox/discography/

It is probably a futile progress to search for the "Demon Box" vinyl. Nearly everyone is searching for it, hardly anyone has it.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Tomcat

http://www.stickman-records.de for the others, soon or now you should find all of them at their shop Don't buy them overprice elsewhere, except the "Fishtank" on vinyl which was released by Konkurent in Holland and is out of print for a while...

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. sernst

@stalemate - where do you live?
    Here in Oslo I've seen Demon Box for sale at aprx 120-200 Euros now and then.
    Not so often anymore, but if you really, really want it, it will certainly appear..
    I could check around a bit for you if you like also, as I know some private collectors/sellers?

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. ThorEgil

Roadwork II is available on vinyl here: http://webshop.motorpsycho.no/music.asp?parentcat=16&cat=63 along with a few other gems.
    Not that far away, ehh?

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Ivan

what? the MP-shop has "trust us" on vinyl!!!??

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. TraktorBass

If you're going through Oslo some time, you should go to Neseblod Records, Big Dipper, Tiger Records and RÃ¥kk'n'RÃ¥lls. I've seen a lot of rare MP at Neseblod, Big Dipper usually has new vinyls and you can be lucky and find some used MP at RÃ¥kk'n'RÃ¥lls.

I believe RÃ¥kk'n'RÃ¥lls has a Soothe box at the moment.. I got the Sinful, Wind-borne 7" from Neseblod

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. stalemate

Thanks!
    I've been looking for Demon Box for a while, but my observations corresponds with yours - it's a ghost - too bad, should be reprinted like timothys thou. a 100euro is a bit stiff, but I'll keep looking.
    @Sernst & TraktorBass - I live in Oslo, and is already equipped with a electric collar which zaps me every three minutes at Bigdipper, hehe, wasn't aware of the other places thou, as a VinylNoob, I've been collecting from discogs.de, ebay and even Amazon.co.uk (got TrustUs and Angels and Daemons on Amazon, not kidding, even got a semi-rare Bob Dylan set at 1/5th of the norwegian going rate, but that's another forum) so gems appear in the strangest places apparently...
    they did a fine job hiding the webshop from me, those coy bastards, but now I am onto them, thanks ThorEgil. The quest continues

br
    S

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. ijustpop

Just curious.. what's the semi-rare Dylan-set?

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. stalemate

Bootleg series #8, Tell Tale Signs. Bob at his best (imnsho)

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. sernst

Don't forget Ringstrøms antikvariat i Ullevålsveien!
    No hard pricing, and the nicest folks ever behind the counter!

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. rogghi

Hi there,
    I'm a musician from Italy. A friend of mine, who was really into Motorpsycho in the mid-nineties has a near mint original copy of the "Demon Box" douple lp (Voice of Wonder, 1993) and asked me to sell it through ebay (where I act as "rogghi").
    Looking for info about this record on the web I reached this forum and I thought to try to sell it here, before putting it on ebay.

If somebody is interested, please send an offer at roger@madamesadowsky.com.
    I can provide you with photos. Please feel free to ask me info about the record, methods of payment, P&P and so on.

Ciao!

Posted 6 years ago #
  13. mcharen

http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Box-RARE-Motorpsycho/dp/B0026YAYM2/ref=sr_1_1_title_2_lp_?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1346134262&sr=1-1&keywords=motorpsycho+demon+box

You can buy a nice used car for that money !
    I found mine online at a UK second hand store for 6UKP (!), the guy (or girl) did not know what he was selling .....

Posted 6 years ago #
  14. Elvin

Theres also a couple of demon boxes over at discogs, for the rich and/or desperate psychonauts out there.

discogs

Posted 6 years ago #
  15. knoot

16. ThorEgil

It's starting to become ridiculous.

On qxl.no you can now find auctions for a test pressing of "3 songs for Rut", and "Blissard with t-shirt and button". Both starting above NOK 4000,-

The last one can still be bought brand new (minus t-shirt) for NOK 210,- and for the 3 songs - It's about time that someone, if necessary bringing some elongated wooden object, visit the WOW offices and convince them how important it is for mankind that the publishing rights for the Motorpsycho stuff is handed over to the proper creators.

Posted 6 years ago #
  17. ijustpop

On qxl.no you can now find auctions for a test pressing of "3 songs for Rut", and "Blissard with t-shirt and button". Both starting above NOK 4000,-

The last one can still be bought brand new (minus t-shirt) for NOK 210,- and for the 3 songs - It's about time that someone, if necessary bringing some elongated wooden object, visit the WOW offices and convince them how important it is for mankind that the publishing rights for the Motorpsycho stuff is handed over to the proper creators.

I'm not defending the 4000 NOK price, but: If you're a collector, getting the first edition released by SONY NORWAY, is not the same as a repress by STICKMAN.

Same with Timothy's vinyl on HARVEST/EMI (numbered) or the first Stickman pressing (numbered) and the Stickman repress (unnumbered?). Not the same at all.

Posted 6 years ago #
  18. It's ridiculous to pay that much money for some grams of vinyl with a few songs on it, whatever music or band or "collector's item" that is.
    It's not worth more just because it's rare or old or whatever.
    Think it's cool labels do repressings just because you can get your beloved music on vinyl if you didn't manage to do during the first pressing. It's not worth more or less - same material and same music - just another period of time!

Posted 6 years ago #
  19. rogghi

Hello,
    thanks for the offers I received for the Demon Box 2lp.
    In the first days after my post in this thread I didn't get any offer, but it seems that my post has been read more and more with time.

I will close the auction on sunday 24. If interested, please make your offers or ask for more info at roger@madamesadowsky.com.

My friend told me that the winner will also get a near mint copy of the Blissard double LP (Stickman Records, 1996). The vinyl is in near mint condition (he used to play his vinyls just a couple of times and then record them on tape), but it seems it has some hiss problems.

Posted 6 years ago #
  20. knoot

It's ridiculous to pay that much money for some grams of vinyl with a few songs on it, whatever music or band or "collector's item" that is.
    It's not worth more just because it's rare or old or whatever.
    Think it's cool labels do repressings just because you can get your beloved music on vinyl if you didn't manage to do during the first pressing. It's not worth more or less - same material and same music - just another period of time!

The records are worth as much as someone at any given time is willing to pay for them.

K

Posted 6 years ago #
  21. The money is paid for them but they are not worth it (when we talk about 4000NOK prices)... It's just somebody wants to make money (with people willing to pay for something that's said to be "cult" or "rare")...

Posted 6 years ago #
  22. knoot

I agree that THOSE prices are totally insane (and those records won't sell, either), but we just had a Demon Box sell for NOK 2100,- and I think that is high, but still an ok price for that record (in good condition).

K

Posted 6 years ago #
  23. Elvin

If you ask me that record is priceless

Getting a bit OT here, but whatever:
    Interesting to hear that the Blissard LP had some hiss problems.
    I have the same problem, so much that I also had to buy the album on CD. When I later got me a better recordplayer it it wasn´t that much noise, but still...
    Does anyone know if the first press of Blissard was a rather bad pressing?

Posted 6 years ago #
  24. rogghi

Hi everybody!
    I will close the auction of the Demon Box 2lp on sunday at 11.59 pm

For those who didn't read my previous posts: I'm selling a near mint copy of the Demon Box 2LP. The winning bidder will also get a free copy of the Blissard double LP (the vinyl is in near mint condition, but it seems it has some hiss problems).

Thanks for reading!

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.