Motorpsycho @Pstereo 2013

(29 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by odindahle
  • Latest reply from Little Lucid Me
  1. odindahle

So!
    Any plans around the Pstereo-gig?
    Any psychonaut-gathering or something.
    Would be cool to at least gather some fans, grab a beer and discuss the expectations for the show!

-Odin

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. mikeplanes

Me and my brother are coming over from England for this one! Would love to meet some fellow psychonauts while I'm out there.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. odindahle

Cool! In two weeks im moving to Trondheim, so i would love to meet some fellow nauts!

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. mikeplanes

I have touched down in Trondheim. Anyone who wants to meet up while I'm here, let me know!

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. OtherFool

I'm coming up from Bergen for this one, why don't someone pick a bar and then we'll see?

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. mikeplanes

I don't know this city at all so can't pick a bar myself but that sounds like a plan. Who's about today? If it doesn't happen but anyone is at the fest today, I'll be the bald man with a moustache and a black and white stripy hoodie watching Savages and The xx (probably). Come and say hi if you see me!

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. kjellepelle

The closesest would be Ni Muser, Den gode Nabo or Rabarbra (The two last on bakklandet, The first conviently placed near the innlet for the Pstereo ground). I will be at the show but I dont know if I got the time beforhand.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. mikeplanes

My brother and I are about to head into Trondheim. I guess we'll try Ni Muser after the family thing this afternoon. If today stays as warm as it is now I won't have my stripy hoodie on, in which case look out for my Rudimentary Peni shirt. Either way I will be bald and moustachioed.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Un.Chien.d.Espace

mike, enjoy your stay in trondheim and the special show later this evening!

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. mikeplanes

Thanks Steve! What's the special show this evening?

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. Un.Chien.d.Espace

my fault, they're playing tomorrow! mp of course...

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. mikeplanes

Ha! For a second there I thought MP might be doing a little warm-up show tonight or something! Yes, can't wait to see them tomorrow. Goat too!

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. Un.Chien.d.Espace

goat are playing too? wow, don't miss them, they were fantastic when i saw them! but now, mike, stop surfing the internet and explore trondheim!

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. mikeplanes

Yeah, the line-up of the festival kind of works out that all the good bands are playing at the end - Goat and Motorpsycho being the very last two (straight after Monster Magnet and Dizzee Rascal), and the way the festival works the biggest two stages are basically next to each other so as soon as one band finishes another one starts. Today was hit and miss (mostly miss, but I was more impressed by Savages than expected) so we're getting an early night in preparation for tomorrow's epic finale. I've seen Goat a couple of times already myself, always a treat! My brother's more excited about seeing them again than MP!

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. mikeplanes

Didn't see anybody from here yesterday but today is my 30th birthday and I'll be wearing a bright green Goat t-shirt so if anybody wants to come and say hello and buy me a birthday beer/coffee/falafel then it'd be great to meet you!

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. ThorEgil

Blissard soundcheck

August

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. otherdemon

Didn't miss anything, did I?

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. odindahle

So! The concert was amazing. Started with Nathan Daniels Tune From Hawaii in the background, while the last chords faded from Goat at the other stage. Motorpsycho started with a rocked up version of Mad Sun, before they played the album from the top. They also included the Pidah Mixes version of Like Always, a real treat! Also Matt Burt did a great job on True Middle. I didnt think it would be THAT great.
    A violonist (Ohm) played saw during S.T.G, and violin (with a woman aswell) during The Nerve Tattoo and Fools Gold. Fools Gold became a big jam, which ended with Kappstad and Fiske jamming (drums and keys), while the crew disembled Kenneths kit (which takes a while!)

Fantastic experience!
    Angels and Daemons next?

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. mikeplanes

We can hope...and then Trust Us, right?!

What a night! Still buzzing from it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. ThorEgil

As expected, amazing show. Movie cameras were in action around the stage, so there might be hope for - something.

The local review Adressa

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. otherdemon

Setlist:

Nathan Daniel's Tune From Hawaii (intro)
    Mad Sun
    Sinful, Wind-Borne
    Drug Thing
    Manmower
    Greener
    STG
    True Middle
    's Numbness
    Like Always
    The Nerve Tattoo
    Fools Gold
    Nathan Daniel's Tune From Hawaii (outro)

At least according to setlist.fm.

And a small piece of visual evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBaGhJYqjq8

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. Vegard B. Havdal

odindahle: Morten Fagervik (who plays on the album of course) took down the drumkit, yes. Funny twist.

Also: Bent dedicated The nerve tattoo to Gebhardt. Very nice to hear.

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. supernaut

but I was more impressed by Savages than expected)

I've seen them a few months ago. They ARE great. The "next big thing" hype is justified for a change. Though I don't think they'll become really big if they keep their ways. Might end up as cult heroes. Like the brilliant Siouxsie & The Banshees. Amazing bass player.

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. supernaut

adressa live pic => Bent suits up accordingly.

Posted 5 years ago #
  25. drugthing

Great gig!
    And also; flames!!
    http://bildr.no/view/TUE3ZGEv

Posted 5 years ago #
  26. Un.Chien.d.Espace

i don't understand this savages hype, saw them live in may and it was really boring...

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. Tomcat

I saw them in Cologne and really liked them, good musicians and strong charisma + the emotional elements/sounds I grew up with in my early teenage years (dark wave like Joy Division, Bauhaus, Siouxsie ...)

They are returning in November but I assume they will change the Gebäude 9 into a bigger venue.

But it's starting to be off topic here

Posted 5 years ago #
  28. ThorEgil

I did some photos...

Matt Burt (according to reliable sources his upcoming album with Dog & Sky will be brilliant)

Great light show and backdrop movie

More pictures are found here.

Posted 5 years ago #
  29. Little Lucid Me

^ fantastic, ThorEgil; thanks!

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.