Camp Motorpsycho » General

Another live-album out this autumn?

(84 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by otherdemon
  • Latest reply from otherdemon
  1. Un.Chien.d.Espace

so trading lobotomizer or soothe for this new live album is a "fair" deal for you?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. mcharen

Hmm, maby not but i meant that as an example...
    What i was trying to say was help your fellow mp fans get the album
    For a normale price or trade it for something else ( it's up to you all to figure out what to trade ot for)

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. cjacob

Mcharen please put me on your list...

eryca@live.no

I have some things too trade with..

Hm.. Posters-( Like signed tussler poster)-7 Inches..Like Kim Hiorthøy 7 inch...--Lps.Like Soothe and maby Lomotomizer..(Not Soothe Steelcover and not The Lobotomizer First edition with the poster..) But i have them on vinyl.. Eh..The Motorpsycho tribute lp..

I want too seee the New reelease first the cover and stuff. Maby i want too trade this later..

Greetings jacob.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. juniper

for Casale:

hei i'm flying from bergamo too (and back the day after....)

anyway

this was great luck, i mean, i bought the show tickets like 2 months ago,me+grrlfriend, as the guys are not coming to play italian gigs and i'm stuck here for my shittyjob, so that was the only show i can afford to go to.
    then they announce the special effenaar thing.
    for what i've understand, it's 1 show ticket - 1 vinyl.
    and that should be the right thing!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. knoot

it would indeed be nice if someone could arrange some kind of solidarity-deal here - for the ones that are unable to attend the show. trade is nice. i can, f.ex. trade +/- 20 dvd's worth of mp-material for one lp. mail me if interrested.

knuud@online.no

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. casale

Hi Juniper!
    Nice to know that other psychonauts will fly from Italy for this show, also we'll
    be back on sunday.
    In the next days 3 other friends would buy the ticket and join the group, 2 from
    our area (Casale Monferrato) and 1 from Garda Lake.
    I think that 3 or 4 italian gigs will be added in the last 10 days of october, i'm waiting for these!
    For any info/request,if you want write me in italian, i give you my mail adress:
    mocesindaco@libero.it
    Andrea (Casale).

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. ThorEgil

Since I will not be able to go to this gig - are there anyone, preferably in the Trondheim area, who might be willing to pick up an extra copy of the LP for me? (I'll buy the LP pickup ticket and mail it to you).

Thanks,
    tleirtro (at) gmail.com

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. TvdR

Just a quick note here...

1) Please be advised: the ticket for the gig does NOT double as a reservation for the record as well, these are sold separately. The records are available without an advance-reservation at the gig too, but considering the limited character it might be advisable to buy a reservation ticket beforehand.

2) It is meant as a celebratory record for the jubilee of the venue "De Effenaar". They consider Motorpsycho their house-band, since they have played there a LOT since the early nineties (at their old venue too). That is why they asked our friends to play at their jubilee and that is why they selected Motorpsycho for their celebratory record. It is not meant as "another MP live album".

Of course I get the fact that it sucks that not every psychonaut will be able to get one, but this is not meant as a kick in the nuts in any way.

Greets, Thomas

edit: It is great to see so many psychonauts from all over the place flying in to attend this show. This is one of the great things about Motorpsycho: their totally dedicated fans. See you all there!

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Elvin

I guess this is how CD buyers feel about Child of the Future.
    Let´s prey to Odin that this will get a stickman/rune repress due to public demand.
    Probalbly won´t happen though.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. tb577

hi,

Anyone travelling from Berlin for the Eindhoven gig? Please contact me.

thberga2 (at) online.no

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. s_edelman

so NO leaks nowhere to a tracklist or something ....??

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. fillmore

The venue teased us with a preview of the cover: "STRINGS OF STROOP"! Thank you very much to Thomas van den Reydt (get well soon mate)!

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Vortex155

Got good equipment for turning lp recordings in wav or 192kbs MP3, old computer P1/90mhz with sound blaster awe64 gold card inside in combination with RIAA and AKAI phono the only resaon I keep that old junk running.
    Got a huge collection of old garage rock bands, simply can't say good bye to them.
    So if I manage to buy this...if it ain't gets sold out already, it will see new life as digital copy on the iPod

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. otherdemon

Here's the tracklist for the Effenaar live-album:

- Psychonaut (1999)
    - Go To California (2000)
    - Whole Lotta Diana (2010)
    - Come On In (2010)

Thanks to Thomas for posting the info on Facebook

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. evoluon

There's actually a fifth song: Side B closes with Sheer Heart Attack (04-05-2006, with Jacco)

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Krist Rampage

Yes, what a pleasant surprise that one is! Nice little gem this album, fantastic versions of fantastic songs.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Vortex155

The prick, sorry for the language, with the scanning device, trew my ticket in the trashcan. I had forgotten you had to keep it for that recording.
    I decided to buy the record after the gig ...no ticket no lp.
    Gutted afterwards and its my own fault, I had to ask my ticket back when it got scanned.
    Luckily got some real nice live recordings of former mp concerts in my archive already.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Rob

Not sure what you mean, the ticket for the LP was a separate one from the show ticket. The show ticket is indeed thrown away.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. laila lou

and jacco also was responsible for the looks of the cover!

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. laila lou

and vortex155
    Rob is right.. you were supose to have two DIFFERENT tickets. One for the vinyl and one for the concert.
    Plus you could also buy the vinyls seperatly..

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. TvdR

You're welcome all, but I got the picture from the FB Effenaar Fan Page. Can't take any credit at all!

grtz, T

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. tb577

I am experiencing some "skips" (lack of better words..) with the Psychonaut track when playing the album, played the Psychonaut song from three ex of Strings Of Stroop and they all have the same problem. Anyone else experience this?

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. mefisto

Hmm, I did not have this skipping problem with the new MP album, but I have experienced it some years ago with a Voivod album. For me it looked like it had something to do with the turntable. With another turntable, the Voivod album played just fine. (Nothingface that is ;-))

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. Mark

Try increasing the weight of the stylus.

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. ThorEgil

Just send me one of your copies and I'll check it out on my turntable.

Posted 10 years ago #
  26. Tomcat

Oh my golly - one copy is at 255 Dollars on ebay and not yet over! Anybody with a spare Lobotomizer (or Soothe)?

Posted 10 years ago #
  27. ex-fnr

I am experiencing some "skips" (lack of better words..)

Flawless playback here. Buy a decent cartridge with a microline stylus tip. That should solve it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  28. Elvin

Oh my golly - one copy is at 255 Dollars on ebay and not yet over! Anybody with a spare Lobotomizer (or Soothe)?

The same flipper had two copies which both went for 305 dollars.

insane

Posted 10 years ago #
  29. Neil Tesor

30. Mark

Jesus, that's more than 200 euro's! I could be rich!
    But who whould want to sell their MP records?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.