Camp Motorpsycho » General

The Motorpnakotic Manuscripts

(366 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Phoots Flower
  • Latest reply from suntripper

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. mefisto

Odindahle or anyone in Trondheim: Do you have the possibility to buy one more copy, please?

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. cjacob

A little bird told me that 900 magazines was made with the 7 inch...So i think there is a chance too get a copy folks...

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. otherdemon

A little bird told me that 900 magazines was made with the 7 inch...So i think there is a chance too get a copy folks...

Yeah, but you can't buy a copy unless you are in Trondheim. They're not doing any online sale AFAIK. And I'm not planning on a Trondheim trip anytime soon. So I'm fucked

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. otherdemon

Un post double

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Anonymous

If this is true and i have to buy this mag with the 5th 7" (which i can't) to get the whole thing i would be really fucked up about that. I think it's time for an explanation from the guys, don't you think so? At the moment i am no longer waiting for the 4 "silver beauties".

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. cjacob

I understand Otherdemon..It Sucks....You/we have to wait for the expensive ebay versons..Strings of Stooops was the same Problem i think.....

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Anonymous

I don't think that the Strings were the same problem. This case here would be pure hoaxing. You pay for something and after that you have to realize that you don't get the whole thing. Kinda ironic if you think about the "only one per costumor because of the ebay fuckers" statement...
    It's only to hope that all who ordered this item will get 5 instead of 4 vinyls.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. cjacob

Ok sir!! Its sucks...

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. odindahle

I were in Trondheim for the gig. Back home 3 hours north of Trondheim now. Payed the alcoholic guy selling the magazine 500 NOK to search through his magazines and find one with the vinyl.

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. otherdemon

After thinking a little bit, I actually think that the 5th cover is for the CD. That would make a whole lot more sense than a missing manuscript...

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. knoot

The single itself has nothing to do with the mail-order package. It came together more or less by chance, as a contribution to the Sorgenfri magazine. It's just a goodwill thing made by the band. They had an unfinished song - a leftover from the Manuscripts - that, when they were asked for a contribution by Sorgenfri, they went into the studio and finished. In addition to the music, the artwork guys worked 3 days (for free) with the cover and the etching.

K

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. Tomcat

If that track is really named or meant to be a "9th fragment" I'd be disappointed not to have it with the limited four pack - but the (easiest?) solution to make everyone happy could be a double groove pressing of one of the eight fragments

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. Anonymous

So only a few people will get the whole thing, which "wasn't planned". Great news for the most of us here.
    @knoot Why did you edit (delete) your post?

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. knoot

It needed to be reformulated.

K

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Anonymous

Yeah, i think so, the "it fits perfect into the 5th side of the book" isn't what most here want to read
    At least to me: a very very "unlucky" move from the band. I personally lost my enthusiasm on this thing now. But i will listen to the first eight songs anyway.

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. ThorEgil

Hey people! What's the problem here?
    We have paid for, and will receive one book with four singles and a CD.
    Then Motorpsycho decides to give away a song to help the not-so-lucky people here in Trondheim.
    It is not a part of the package you paid for. It does not fit inside the book (the fifth pocket is for the CD).

There is nothing to complain about - so stop moaning and enjoy the ride.

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. ThorEgil

What you should be sorry about, is the fact that you weren't there when they played in the Cathedral on last Friday
    (just rubbing it in )

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. kjellepelle

There is nothing to complain about - so stop moaning and enjoy the ride.

Too true!!!!

record collectors are pretentious assholes

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. supernaut

I'm with Thor and Kjelle on this one. I preordered the Manuscript. I won't get that Sorgenfri thingy. So what? And there are probably tons of other unreleased songs or pieces thereof, that the fan doesn't get a hold of. The band owns its material and can do what they want with it.

Reminds me a bit of the COTF vinyl only drama.

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. sernst

Damn straight! This is all for the cause of supporting less fortunate people than most of us. This shows us how thoughtful and good these guys are. Grand initiative, we should all definitely support them on this! Just because it felt natural for the band to add the MotorPnacotic-stamp, doesn't open up for complaints at all (at least that's how I feel about it, and you probably should too..) If there really is as many as 900 copies of this, a copy will probably hit you sometime anyway if you really want it (Trondheim or Tokyo..)..

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. sernst

And who knows, maybe the MotorPnakotic-series turns out to fill the void after the 10" we were so lucky to have back in the days! I for one hope for lots more to come for this series...

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. Tomcat

It is a very good decision to help those in need, but it is indeed a bit unfortunate if the song is named sth. like "9th fragment" and put in direct context with that box-thingy ... something which the band might not have intended if it is a left-over! Anyway: we will get hand that track hopefully from abroad as well some time soon and "collecting" (rare) vinyl is a luxury.

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. otherdemon

I don't really mind missing out on the 7". I've missed out on so many exclusive releases throughout the years that it's become a habit

I just want to hear the song.

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. Un.Chien.d.Espace

does anyone have pics of the new 7inch?

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. cjacob

This is the singel sir...https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154486024200492&set=p.10154486024200492&type=1&theater

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. Un.Chien.d.Espace

unfortunatly facebook-users only?

Posted 7 years ago #
  27. otherdemon

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. Un.Chien.d.Espace

wow, looking quite nice.

do you guys think there's any possibility to get one of these outside of norway?

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. sernst

Posted 7 years ago #
  30. sernst

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.