Tablatures and Guitar Pro Files

(32 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by dongonz
  • Latest reply from Blashyrkh

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. dongonz

Hey Folks

I don't know if this topic was discussed here befor... well I am pretty sure it was, but I couldn't find anything so I like to talk about it now. I'm playing guitar since twelve years and if you have a look around in the web, there are tons of good tablatures and guitar pro files for nearly everything, even for bands like Dream Theater which I imagine to be freakish hard to tab. On the other hand there are only a handful of Motorpsycho Tabs, most of them hardly more than attempts. So I thought about what could be the reason for this. Maybe the music of MP is some kind of sacred to all of us, that it would be considered as blasphemic in some way to transcribe their songs. I don't know, maybe you will tell me now, that if I like to play their songs I should tab them by myself. Well I really would do this but to be honest, I have no clue how to do this proper. I'd love to play some MP songs but the result of tabbing it myself don't satisfy me.

What do you think, is the reason for the lack of good MP Tabs?

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. supernaut

They're a bit hard to tab if you don't know their tunings. But I'd appreciate every attempt. There have been a few in here but I think old topics disappear after a while...?

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. otherdemon

Supernaut: Old topics are still on here, you just have to use the 'search' feature to locate them after a while (for some reason they become sorta hidden)

There's also a bunch of guitar tabs here, but nothing later than 2006 there.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. dongonz

yes, i be aware of that there are some tabs here on this site but like i said... it's not so much. the problem with the tunings, sure, I understand but wasn't there also a page with the tunings?

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. crossskip

Most tunings can be found in the lyrics section!

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. dongonz

yes, that's the place I meant. anyway... any other thougts and opinions?

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Blashyrkh

I'm working on The Magic and The Wonder
    I already have the intro + solo thingy in the beginning and during the song (probably the easiest part :p)
    But I'm stuck when they start to sing...

Anyone else knows how to play Upstairs and Downstairs?

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. crossskip

I think the fanbase is just too small (and too old? )compared to the earlier mentioned Dream Theater to have some transcription maniacs that tab out all the songs. That and half of their songs contains weirdass guitar improv that is even harder to transcribe than all that progressive wanking crap

Right now I'm working on a Year Zero tab, think I'll skip the outro-solo =p

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Blashyrkh

Hey @crossskip,

Is it possible to post Year Zero partially?
    This weekend I'll post some the already written parts of The Magic & The Wonder.

Cheers!

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. crossskip

No problem, [/url]here it is.

Got the song all worked out, but I'm making a guitar pro tab this time and takes some more time to write than a normal tab =p The tab now contains the intro from around 1:10 up to the verse.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. crossskip

And we're back, the tab is up on Ultimate Guitar! Next I'm gonna give The Hollow Lands a try.

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. Ercarnar

I don't want to sound pretentious, but I did some decent Guitar Pro tabs of:
    -Starhammer (except the improvised solo and its link to the final verse)- Guitars, bass, mellotron and drums
    -Gullible's Travails (almost complete, there are some missing parts like in the point where Hanne sings "I give up my time has ended..." and the link between the instrumental part and the final verse) - Guitars, bass, keyboards and drums

For both of these tabs, I initially wanted to tab every little detail, but it was a pain in the ass, so maybe they could be "simplified"...if you want, I can write you a .txt tab of the main riffs

Oh, and I also started tabbing Hell Pt. 1-3, since I learned by ear all the guitar parts except the solo which I like to improvise.

Unfortunately my old PC is struck now, and I don't have Guitar Pro on this one so I can't complete them, but if you need something feel free to ask!

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. Blashyrkh

@Ercarnar, Starhammer and Gullible's Travails would be awesome!

I almost finished Upstairs and Downstairs.

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. Ercarnar

As soon as I'll find a way to put GP 5 on this laptop I'll post them

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. Ercarnar

sorry for this comment, I can't delete it

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. Ercarnar

I just tabbed Starhammer, here's a link to download the .txt file: STARHAMMER TAB

One thing: I uploaded it on ultimate guitar too, but it seems there are some problems on the layout of the page, and the program they give you to play the tab is quite horrible, since I didn't write the duration of the notes under them, but if you look at the tab while listening to the song you'll understand everything, I guarantee.

Posted 4 years ago #
  17. pirklbauer31

good day!

i have a request for some guitar pro tabs or txt tabs, since i'm really bad at tabbing out Motorpsycho songs :/

Could someone please try to tab "The Golden Core"? or at least "Vortex Surfer" and "Now it's time to skate"?

Posted 4 years ago #
  18. otherdemon

19. Blashyrkh

Does anyone have a tablature (or some parts) of Motorpsycho's - August cover (Still live with Eggplant)?

Would be very grateful for that

Cheers!

Posted 4 years ago #
  20. karmadrome

Been working on an acoustic version of Year Zero. Got some fragments, will probably never find the time to complete it. If anyone's interested I can tab out the stuff I got so far.

Also, I tabbed out This Otherness, PPPP, 90% of For Free, BS, Cornucopia. All of those were tabbed for acoustic guitar, but most of them should work on an electric, too.

Let me know if you want them. I Just need some time to write it down.

In the meantime, here's my first MP tab...: Entropy

Posted 4 years ago #
  21. Blashyrkh

Hi Karmadrome,

Cornucopia and For Free would be awesome
    I know someone who just completed Go To California.
    Check his tab out on http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/motorpsycho/go_to_california_tab.htm

Btw, Cornucopia is one of my fav. MP songs.

Posted 4 years ago #
  22. Blashyrkh

@Karmadrome, but PPPP is also always welcome

Posted 4 years ago #
  23. Ercarnar

Hi guys, I was just thinking about tabbing Cornucopia! If you want I can try and tab August, I figured it out a few months ago but forgot almost everything, but I'll have fun writing it again if you want

Posted 4 years ago #
  24. karmadrome

Cornucopia (sounds nice on an acoustic guitar as well):

Try these chords for the verse:

x0755x (barré 5th fret over strings D,G,B)
    x0777x
    x0978x
    x010910x

And this for the chorus:
    x05433
    x07555

the lick at the end of the chorus goes like this:

e---------------------------------------------
    B---------------------------------------------
    G---------7-6-5-------------------------------
    D-7-5-7-5-------7-6-5-------------------------
    A---------------------7-6-5-3-5-3-5-3-5(bend)-
    E---------------------------------------------

Enjoy.

Posted 4 years ago #
  25. karmadrome

Since the tabs available for those two songs are not really accurate, here are the tabs that hit the spot:

Big Surprise

Mad Sun (Haircuts DVD live version)

Posted 4 years ago #
  26. Ercarnar

Hi karmadrome, I tabbed Cornucopia too and it's pratically the same as yours:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/motorpsycho/cornucopia_tab.htm?utm_expid=18438345-117.Xl9Y1cGLRGGq9QYsTE9P2A.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ultimate-guitar.com%2Fsearch.php%3Fsearch_type%3Dtitle%26value%3Dmotorpsycho

Also I tabbed August, Go to California and Starhammer, just check ultimate guitar

Posted 4 years ago #
  27. karmadrome

Nice work, Ercarnar!

One suggestion for August - the intro arpeggio is played as follows:

e|-------0-------0-------0-
    B|-----6-------6-------6---
    G|---7-------7-------7-----
    D|-7-------7-------7------- ...and so on
    A|-0-----------------------
    E|-------------------------

That way it sounds richer and fuller, as every string can resonate

Cheers!

Posted 4 years ago #
  28. Ercarnar

Hi karmadrome, thank you for the kind suggestion, I modified the tab on ultimate guitar and credited your contribution at the beginning of the tab

Posted 4 years ago #
  29. Arild

PPPP acoustic would be much appreciated!

Posted 4 years ago #
  30. Blashyrkh

And "Upstairs and Downstairs" please

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.