Camp Motorpsycho » General

Bergen 24.03.2012

(43 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by OtherFool
  • Latest reply from stereosofa
  1. otherdemon

Bergen preview article

Really interesting article about the Storløkken collaboration so far.

Mountain & Taifun? Slightly jealous, to say the least

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. TAF

Nice article, confirming that the "2 albums worth" of material Bent's mentioned earlier would indeed be one album of Orgelfest music and one album with new songs.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. ThorEgil

A review from Kulturguffen - not too happy about the sound.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. OtherFool

Review in Bergens Tidene (Norwegian).

I thought the concert was amazing, but I think the sound really depended on where you were standing.

Edit: The vocals were not very "clear". They sang quite well but the lyrics were hard to comprehend.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. kjesso

Kulturguffen - that's me. The sound really annoyed me, and quite a few of those I talked to after the show. From what BT and OtherFool say, I probably should have moved around a bit, to see if it was better elsewhere.

And OtherFool - I agree that they sang quite well.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. OtherFool

We were standing on the bottom step of the "gallery", ie. just below the soundboard. I think that made the difference It was LOUD though!

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. supernaut

I'd like to point out that one should never judge the sound in a venue from only one position. Especially when writing reviews for people who weren't there. It's not really fair to the band, the mixing guy and the venue.

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. kjesso

Supernaut: like I said earlier, I probably should have moved around a bit. Mainly for my own enjoyment, but probably also, as you point out, to make sure that I (for once) knew what i was writing/talking about. But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

And it turns out that my ears must be old and weary, too. OtherFool: We must have been standing very close to each other - I was standing on the floor, right in front of the gallery.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. gusse

At Rockefeller last year I was extremely annoyed at the shot sound for 1h, then I moved 10 m further back and had great sound for the rest of the show. I think I was initially was standing in a spot where there was a tremendous constructive interference with the bass sound - at least that was all I could hear (it might also have been a destructive interference of the guitar frequencies). I is indeed wise to move around a bit if the sound is shit.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. supernaut

But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

ah tell me about it.
    and of course sometimes one gets into a bad sounding spot but with the best view. decisions... decisions...

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. TAF

Great jam during "Sculls in Limbo"!

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. fillmore

Dime

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. stereosofa

Dime

Motortrades?

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic