Camp Motorpsycho » General

Bergen 24.03.2012

(43 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by OtherFool
  • Latest reply from stereosofa
  1. otherdemon

Bergen preview article

Really interesting article about the Storløkken collaboration so far.

Mountain & Taifun? Slightly jealous, to say the least

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. TAF

Nice article, confirming that the "2 albums worth" of material Bent's mentioned earlier would indeed be one album of Orgelfest music and one album with new songs.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. ThorEgil

A review from Kulturguffen - not too happy about the sound.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. OtherFool

Review in Bergens Tidene (Norwegian).

I thought the concert was amazing, but I think the sound really depended on where you were standing.

Edit: The vocals were not very "clear". They sang quite well but the lyrics were hard to comprehend.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. kjesso

Kulturguffen - that's me. The sound really annoyed me, and quite a few of those I talked to after the show. From what BT and OtherFool say, I probably should have moved around a bit, to see if it was better elsewhere.

And OtherFool - I agree that they sang quite well.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. OtherFool

We were standing on the bottom step of the "gallery", ie. just below the soundboard. I think that made the difference It was LOUD though!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. supernaut

I'd like to point out that one should never judge the sound in a venue from only one position. Especially when writing reviews for people who weren't there. It's not really fair to the band, the mixing guy and the venue.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. kjesso

Supernaut: like I said earlier, I probably should have moved around a bit. Mainly for my own enjoyment, but probably also, as you point out, to make sure that I (for once) knew what i was writing/talking about. But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

And it turns out that my ears must be old and weary, too. OtherFool: We must have been standing very close to each other - I was standing on the floor, right in front of the gallery.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. gusse

At Rockefeller last year I was extremely annoyed at the shot sound for 1h, then I moved 10 m further back and had great sound for the rest of the show. I think I was initially was standing in a spot where there was a tremendous constructive interference with the bass sound - at least that was all I could hear (it might also have been a destructive interference of the guitar frequencies). I is indeed wise to move around a bit if the sound is shit.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. supernaut

But my legs are old and weary, so I decided to stay put.

ah tell me about it.
    and of course sometimes one gets into a bad sounding spot but with the best view. decisions... decisions...

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. TAF

Great jam during "Sculls in Limbo"!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. fillmore

Dime

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. stereosofa

Dime

Motortrades?

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic