Camp Motorpsycho » General

Blissard vinyl on Columbia?

(12 posts)
  1. pfft

Can anyone confirm 100% that this release actually exists?
    http://www.discogs.com/Motorpsycho-Blissard/release/3415836

I mean, I know the T-shirt & button version exists, because I bought a copy when it was released. However, this Discogs listing says it's on Columbia, but the record I got was the Stickman/Offworld edition with golden/brown labels. I'm confused.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. motorpussy

I am sure there is no Columbia edition.I also have the t-shirt edition,and it is on Stickman/offworld.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. mikke

As far as I remember, the t-shirt edition was a disappointment as the actual record was the usual Stickman thingie.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Avrate

There is no edition with a Sony/Columbia number on the album. Sony distributed this album in Norway, but they didn't make the vinyl release themselves. The Sony number is the catalogue/order number from Sony Norway, but isn't on the actual record.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. pfft

Thanks, this confirms my suspicion. If only I bought 2 copies at the time... Last year I had to throw the t-shirt away - there were more holes than actual fabric left.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. gandalf37

Then Discogs should be corrected. Please submit this info, images of the record and labels, matrix numbers of your "Columbia T-shirt version" on this submission: http://www.discogs.com/Motorpsycho-Blissard/release/3415836
    ( I can't do this my self because the record is on my want list only )

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. motorpussy

? and the confusion continues...

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. kippenhok

Let's try to make some sense out of the Blissard vinyl editions.

Can you all post your matrix numbers? That should sort this out.

Discogs has 3 versions released in 1995/6:

1) The OffWorld/Stickman edition. PSYCHOBABBLE 003, Offworld ‎– OW002 DLP
    This was pressed in Italy and has gold/brown labels.
    Matrix numbers:
    Side A: DLP OW 002 A
    Side B: DLP OW 002 B
    Side C: DLP OW 002 C
    Side D: DLP OW 002 D
    I have a copy of this, so it definitely exists

2) A Stickman edition. Psychobabble 001
    Presumably this was pressed in Germany.
    Was a pressing done in Germany in 1996, in addition to the above Italian pressing? Does anyone have the matrix numbers?
    NOTE: Discogs has matrix numbers for this pressing but I suspect they are from the 2011 re-issue on black vinyl (see below for rationale).

3) The Columbia Norway edition with the shirt.
    We now know this included the Stickman / OffWorld issue as described above under #1.
    It's reasonable to assume there was no Norwegian pressing.

To round it all up, there has also been at least one re-issue on black vinyl in around 2011, and another re-issue on gold vinyl in 2013. Note that the 2011 run is not listed on Discogs. I presume that all black vinyl pressings have been grouped together on the supposed, but not confirmed, German pressing from 1996 (#2 above). Thus, I think the matrix numbers listed on Discogs for that pressing are in fact from the 2011 re-issue.
    Can someone post the matrix numbers for the 2011 and 2013 issues so we can at least separate those from the 1995/6 pressings with some certainty.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. motorpussy

Stickman 2nd pressing(No offworld on cover)Gold/brown labels
    B541140-01 A1 HL
    B541140-01 B1 HL
    B541140-02 C1 HL
    B541140-02 D1 HL

Gold edition have the same matrix 300copies with blue labels.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. kippenhok

@motorpussy:

Thanks so much!

Is that the 2011 pressing?

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. motorpussy

@kippenhok:
    Bought them many years ago.Not sure,but this have to be the second run.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. gandalf37

Kippenhok has a point on a missing 1996/2011 pressing of Blissard. Most Stickman run outs from the nineties have Psychobabble + number. The Blissard 1996 Stickman pressing should obviously have Psychobabble 003 A to D matrix number. The B541140-01-A1 HL matrixes are very similar to other records pressed ten years later. It is also very odd if they used the same matrix from 1996 to make the 2013 golden version. I also think the B541140-01 A1 HL matrix belongs to the 2011 version. I believe there are several members of this forum with the 1996 version of Blissard in their collection. Please check matrix on your records

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.