(71 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Crackpot Idea
  • Latest reply from tkm

Tags:

1. Crackpot Idea

Once again Motorpsycho ends an era:
    Kenneth left Motorpsycho.
    http://motorpsycho.no/2016/05/so-the-wheel-turns-again/

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Tomcat

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. s_edelman

Funny, I had that feeling he would, seeing him play this tour. He looked and played so sober.
    Really too bad though

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. tkm

Funny, I had that feeling he would, seeing him play this tour. He looked and played so sober. Really too bad though

Had the same feeling after the gig in London. Walking on his own to the venue and didn't look really up to it. At Rockefeller he looked normal.

Really sad this. Probably the best drummer in Norway

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Very sad... But yes, had this feeling as well seeing him play in Munich....

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Elvin

yeah, weird, I had this feeling to since I heard in one of the interviews that they lived in different cities (Kenneth in Oslo I think). He was such a force, but then again, so was Geb and I´m sure whoever comes in next will put his own stamp on motorpsycho.
    Sail on Kapstad, Motorpsycho and psychonauts, it´s been a blast! Looking forward to the next phase.
    Always in motion is the future, but motorpsycho great records still make will.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Krist Rampage

Awful news. What a fantastic drummer, great guy, what a loss. I saw them at Vera last tour and didn't excpect anything! What show, what a record. And now what?

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Elvin

I guess/hope they´ll continue to play with each other in Møster! and Spidergawd (or is Bent out of spidergawd for good?)

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Vegard B. Havdal

Get Geb back.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. mikke

Get Geb back.
    +1000

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. stereosofa

OHMYSNAHISGOD. The earth shakes. The knees shiver. The head spins...

You want to scream "No, Kenneth, stay!" But with great gratitude we obviously have to let the young greyhound run.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. supernaut

So sad news. On this cold rainy morning. Kenneth was (is) not only the perfect drummer, he helped lifting the band to crazy heights for ten years. But oh well... I'm sure Motorpsycho will sail on. Maybe we'll even get a Bent/Snah only record again like BHBC.

Hope we'll see Bent & Ken in Spidergawd again.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. ThorEgil

A big thanks to Kenneth, who pushed the band forward to new directions and such exciting heights.

Can't wait to see which direction the wheel turns this time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. mybestfriend83

Man i can barely believe it.... This is a sad story... We need to find a drummer who stays with the guys... lol
    Motorpsycho Sail on .... ....

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. otherdemon

Sad news obviously. But I guess being in yr mid-30ies, you have to start making priorities
    considering the gazillion bands/projects mr.Kapstad is involved in. Sail on, brother!

I am however a bit concerned with the future MP commitments this year. What will happen with the
    Trøndelag theater thingy? Or the Brazil project in Aug/Sept?

I disagree on bringing Geb back though. He gets his kicks from the Residents-style children's music stuff he's doing w/ mr.Hagfors. Not "endless jam sessions" w/ Bent & Snah.

Maybe someone like Thomas Strønen could be the one? Or maybe they should go all Sunn O))) and shit?

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Elvin

should go all Sunn O))) and shit

haha, yes! Never mind the drummers, get deathprod back!

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Kamille

Sad news indeed..My replacement choice is Thomas Pridgen from The Mars Volta / The Memorials

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. tkm

19. cjacob

Thomas Pridgen is great...But Jon Theodore are THE Mars Volta drummer in my opinion. Kamille Lol.. What about Torstein Lofthus...Håvard Takle Ohr...Axel Skalstad. Erland Dahlen.. Joey Casstilo

Maby the best is too find a drummer from Trondheim..

In my opinion Mr Strønen is too Jazzy for Motorpsycho...Maby Tomas Järmyr...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1sXw1WDxE

Not easy...

Greetings...

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. TraktorBass

I have to agree with cjacob about Jon Theodore.

Anyway. With no drummer in Motorpsycho, now would be the perfect time to make an acoustic album.. Just throwing it out there, Bent and Snah

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. cjacob

Enig Traktor...Ex en Akustisk skive spilt inn i Rancho de la luna hadde vært perfekt nå... Gjerne med musikere fra miljøet rund Gutta der.. Når det er sakt tror jeg Bent og Snah har skaffa ny trommis for lenge sia... Bent er tidenes lystløgner...

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. Crackpot Idea

Some more comments from Bent in adressa: http://www.adressa.no/kultur/2016/05/23/Slutter-leken-f%C3%B8r-noe-blir-feil-12773870.ece?device=classic

Please, can somebody translate this to English?

Posted 3 years ago #
  23. ThorEgil

There is only one drummer who could step up and take over the drum sticks from Kenneth at any point, in any song, without missing a single beat - and then immediately put his own distinct signature into it. He is Swedish and he is based in Trondheim, and yes, everyone who has seen Zu in action lately will know who I'm talking about.

And yes, he has also played fantastic gigs with broken ribs.

But I think we can safely leave this challenge to Bent and Snah. I'm completely confident that they will find the right man or woman for the task.

Posted 3 years ago #
  24. Vegard B. Havdal

"I can’t remember the names of every drummer, but they always had someone ridiculous sitting back there. Like Jesus, where do you find these guys?" -Brann Dailor on The Mars Volta.

Posted 3 years ago #
  25. Kamille

I suggested Pridgen just for fun :-)Torstein Lofthus looks really nice as well. I am his fan!

Posted 3 years ago #
  26. Spacebandit

Well, indeed, this left me almost speechless...
    I'm not too deep into their personal relationships each other, but if he wanted to go
    further on up the road, it was the best moment to do. Motorpsycho played a fantastic tour
    and I was lucky to see them at least three times with that climax in Oldenburg.
    Grateful thanks to Kenneth pushing the core up beyond limits. Tusen takk!
    I will see Spidergawd on friday at Freak Valley Festival. But I won't ask him about that.
    About a replacement on psychonautic journeys...let them eat cake and decide what to do.
    I guess they'll come up with a solution or another mindblowing "drum animal" on their own.
    Most likely somebody you'll nevver heard of before...and from Norge, of course...

@ KENNETH: DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE DANKE...

Posted 3 years ago #
  27. sad

Posted 3 years ago #
  28. supernaut

Some more comments from Bent in adressa: http://www.adressa.no/kultur/2016/05/23/Slutter-leken-f%C3%B8r-noe-blir-feil-12773870.ece?device=classic

second that.

Posted 3 years ago #
  29. Motortom

A mindblowing Era comes to an End... His Power feeded the most exciting Thing i ever could imagine....what a brilliant Work! I will realy miss Him on the Motorpsychostage.

The best wishes to all of you Guys, may the challenge go on! Sail On!

Posted 3 years ago #
  30. Elvin

Is not much, a brief history on when he joined and short recap of the bands post.
    Pluss a few comments from Bent:

We're done with what we should do together and end the game before anything goes wrong, writes Bent Saether in an sms to Adresseavisen.

- Everything is straight and there is no drama anywhere, but we need to spend some time trying to figure things out in terms of the future.

- Theatre rehearsals is underway and are going to work anyway. Scary and refreshing and sad and healthy at the same time, writes Saether , and ends with " que sera sera " ( what happens, happens).

Kenneth Kapstad and Bent Saether played previously together in another trøndersk band Spidergawd, but Saether quit by New Year. As far as Adresseavisen knows Kapstad is still Spidergawds drummer.

Kenneth Kapstad has not wanted to comment on the matter

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.