Camp Motorpsycho » General

Black Wabbit

(22 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Blashyrkh
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Blashyrkh

Just discovered the band Alabama Kids. I didn't knew that Black W'Abbit (Motorpsycho Blissard Deluxe) originally was from this band.
    Found songs on Soundcloud. Pretty awesome!

https://soundcloud.com/eppoh-heermans

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Wulf

What a nice coincidence:
    Stickman Records re-releasing Drowsy Driver

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. kjellepelle

Excellent band, saw them at popkom 93. Members later in 35007. Totally recommend album to check out.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Blashyrkh

This band makes me think about this song:

Mustang Ford - A Dread Of.

https://play.spotify.com/track/14NIYbxfin3SYffLYNRPnW

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. crossskip

Great band indeed. The guitarist used to be the owner of a record Store here in Eindhoven. Had some discussions with him about Motorpsycho before the store closed and I found out that he once was a member of Alabama Kids. Looking forward to the re-release!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Blashyrkh

It seems that all these bands are somehow connected with eachother:

- Motorpsycho
    - Alabama Kids
    - Suimasen
    - 7Zuma7

Cool!

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. kjellepelle

and New Creature.
    MP toured with The Kids and 35007. Also played togheter with 7 Zuma 7.

Jacco was drummer of 35007, Motorpsycho, 7 Zuma 7, Suimasen and Alabama Kids
    Pidah was the sound engineer of 35007 and Alabama kids, probably recorded most of them.
    Michel was in The Kids and 35007.
    Tos seems to have been in the 35007 but that was after my time touring with MP. Now of course MP guitar tech and in Sunn O))) live band
    Loose then girlfriend (?) of Jerry (7Zuma7) made the MP skeleton suits.
    So there's a strong connection between MP and the Eindhoven bands. Might even be more.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. bauke

Does anyone know when Alabama Kids supported Motorpsycho on their shows in Vera, Groningen. I know I've seen them once supporting MO, but I don't remember when. I guess it will be 1995 or 1996. Can anyone help me please?

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. mybestfriend83

Hmm. Right now listening to an Album of Alabama Kids... Quite Allright...

But doesn't someone of you know sounds like these or even relaxter with Female vocals...? I m allways searching for good bands with strong Female vocals... If you know some bands I might not know please feel free to post them... Motorpsychodelic Greetings...

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. supernaut

brilliant all female band: Savages

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. mybestfriend83

Just listening to their album Silence yourself, they seem to be quite good...
    Thanks Supernaut...

Posted 2 months ago #
  12. Mark

Tos indeed was in 35007. I guess he played guitar on Phase V?

Posted 2 months ago #
  13. supernaut

One more about the female singing: I'm also huge fan of Blondie, Siouxsie & The Banshees and the goddess Kate Bush. I've always known but only recently really rediscovered her super innovative 80s albums Never For Ever, The Dreaming and Hounds Of Love (also those videos! Check Cloudbusting, Breathing or Experiment IV for example) and she's still spot on with her latest two Aerial and 50 Words For Snow.

Posted 2 months ago #
  14. Juergen

@ bauke

Motorpsycho played with Alabama Kids in April 1995. The setlist from Roermond 1995-04-07 was:

Azijnfabriek, Roermond, 1995-04-07
    View comments on venue
    View comments on gig

Trapdoor
    A Shrug & A Fistful
    Sister Confusion
    Flick Of The Wrist
    Manmower
    Nothing To Say
    Hogwash
    Blueberry Daydream
    Beautiful Sister
    Leave It Like That
    The One Who Went Away
    --
    Black W'abbit w/ Stefan Alabama Kid

They probably played with Alabama Kids in Groningen, too.

Posted 2 months ago #
  15. mybestfriend83

@supernaut

Good.. Thanks.. I'm listening right now to Kate bush... I am really not into that 80's synthy Drums thing but I think I found a good record with Aerial... This is very good music to me...

Posted 2 months ago #
  16. bauke

@Juergen, Thanks. Now I can add one more gig on setlist.fm

Posted 2 months ago #
  17. supernaut

@mybestfriend83

I understand that. 80s super gated drums are weird nowadays. But I got somehow reused to it, or learned to hear past it, or appreciate it, whatever... I take it as a part of the sound design and a good song is still a good song. There would also be Kate's first two records from the late 70s which feature the all "natural" unprocessed sounds of a band playing out.

Fun fact: on this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVMfG8z490&ab_channel=kristo68 from The Dreaming album she had Jimmy Bain play the bass because she needed a rock bassist. And that guy was playing in Rainbow on the album "Rising" a couple of years prior, which - as legend has it - was loved by Bent and Snah and got them together to start our favourite band. Or something like that. So there's the connection to bring this little detour back to Motorpsychedelism.

Posted 2 months ago #
  18. Punj Lizard

On the tangential discussion on Kate Bush ... I saw her live at Hammersmith Odeon in 1979. The performance was an additional date that came about after one of her crew, Bill Duffield, had fallen and died while cleaning up equipment at one of the venues. The concert raised money for his family. Kate was joined on stage at different points through the evening by Peter Gabriel and Steve Harley, both of whom had worked with Duffield. Gabriel also sang "Here Comes the Flood" and Harley sang "Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)". They all finished the concert with "Let It Be".

When Kate played her more recent residency at Hammersmith I tried to get tickets but couldn't manage. Then one afternoon, a friend from the Netherlands was in town and he called, saying he had a spare ticket, would I like to go? I said "I'd love to. How much is it?" "£200 he replied". "In that case, no, thanks," I responded. I would love to have gone, but £200!! No way, José.

Posted 2 months ago #
  19. supernaut

I would've paid that. Some things come once in a lifetime. But I'll have do with the Before The Dawn live album. "Waking The Witch" is jawdropping.

Despite the tragedy around that '79 tour, the show was fantastic, at least telling by the video recordings. "James And The Cold Gun", woah! especially the second half of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a7ZDtpWyCo&ab_channel=arosegrowingold

Posted 2 months ago #
  20. mybestfriend83

@supernaut

Yeah okay I'm going to check out the 70s albums... Thanks for the informations... It is somehow strange to me with like I said that 80's synthy Drums allmost ruin even Pink Floyd or Santana Albums from the 80's.. I really can't listen to most of the songs..

@punjlizard
    Good story dude... I bet you have some of them to tell...

Posted 2 months ago #
  21. kjellepelle

I saw MP, Alabama Kids and 18th Dye at Popkom 93 in Cologne.(And Sick Of It All inbetween at a different venue )

Posted 2 months ago #
  22. Punj Lizard

@supernaut - those videos and recordings from 79 are great, though I've not seen them for a while. James and the Cold Gun was my favourite too from those recordings. Like many teenaged boys, and most likely quite a few girls too, I was a little in love/lust with Ms Bush back then. <3

@mybestfriend - I bet we've all got some good stories to tell. It's a function of being fans of rock music.

Posted 2 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.