Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roskilde 04.07.2008

Posted by fillmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Roskilde 04.07.2008
July 05, 2008 05:18PM
Hogwash
Sunship
LLM
Alchemyst
-----------------
Vortex Surfer

Time: 85 min

SMS-reports say: "Motorpsycho going beserk and crowd totally blown away. Overwhelmingly jammed out and powerful."

Thanks to Anders and Lene.

Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2008 05:19PM by fillmore.
Re: Roskilde 04.07.2008
July 05, 2008 05:52PM
Review here:

Still non-compromising (Adresseavisen)

And is that a gold-painted weary Gibson I see in the first pic of Snah? The same that he used @ Haldern 2006 a.o?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2008 05:54PM by otherdemon.
July 07, 2008 12:10PM
Comments on the setlist:

In Hogwash they only played the first verse and chorus, then went into the solo. From here they went into two cover tunes one from Grand Funk Railroad (the lyrics were "Come on baby...", but I can't remember the name of the song) and then later on Halleluwah by Can, which made the whole thing last about 20 minutes. The covertunes were confirmed by Kenneth when I talked to him after the Supersilent-concert on Sunday. The band was much, much more intense and tight than when I saw them in Bergen this spring. Because of the short time they had on their hands, they played much faster, skipped some intros and outros and made the whole thing a great, mindblowing race to the end. The band really wanted to play much longer, but was forced of stage when they were told they had 3 minutes left at the end of The Alchemyst. They were allowed to play the encore "for free" although they had already played longer than the festival wanted them too. All in all - a great gig, though way too short.
July 07, 2008 09:07PM
sounds awesome as usual. please holler if anyone finds this on film.
July 08, 2008 12:51AM
Tusen takk, Laika! actually i've been thinking you would post something about this live.
it sounds really really good one....geez, i just i wish i were there...
and your report is pretty nice one. glad to know how the gig was like.
July 08, 2008 09:48PM
hay! I was drunk, but had the fucking time of my life there in the front row. I can't remember them playing Alchemyst, since it probably "drowned" in the great jam. I got their "setlist"(random lines written at the back of Bent's planeticket). Will post it tonight or tomorrow.

...I found out it was the lyrics to the songs they played during Hogwash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2008 05:33PM by sjur577.
Magnusgabriel
July 09, 2008 05:04PM
Albeit short, the concert was awesome. I've seen them four times the last year, and allthough the shortes, it's imo the best! The intro was awesome, going into Hogwash and the covers. I got a bit distracted the next 20 minutes because of a couple of wasted "pappagutter" making a mess in front of the stage pushing people, shouting, clapping and making asses out of themselves annoying the rest of us. Finally one of them tried to crowd surf and was instantly pulled out and tossed away by the guards (I think they just waited for an excuse to get them out tongue sticking out smiley). It was fun at the beginning of LLM Suite, Kenneth just raised his arms, took a huge breath and looked at the other two, smiling. You could really see he knew this was going to be one hellovaride! grinning smiley Anyway, I've never seen them this jam-ish before, and I think they just blew most of the audience away. Highlight for me was definitely The Alchemyst. It just buildt and buildt and buildt and when you were thinking they couldn't play any louder they notched it up another 20%, and in combination whith the strobe lighting I felt if like the whole stage exploded! Wehuw!
If they played Hogwash was to please the notorious, Vortex was for the rookies. It was nice, but I felt (and especially after when they went off) it was more of a necessity due to the little time they had left, and that they really whould have liked to play alot more, but were forced off (not by the crowd, all right, people where booing for at least 2 miutes when the host came out to close the stage for the night). I was hoping they would play for another two hours, being last and everything... I think many were dissapointed.. but again, not MP's fault.
My live history with MP is short, but of what i've seen this is the best concert, and I won't dare to think how it would have been if they'd played for another couple of hours. LLM is really starting to find it's form live, they play it better and better for every time.
... I was hoping they would cover some Neil Young... imagine that!
Peace.
July 09, 2008 05:25PM
Here's the Setlist-thing

I wish they would play longer. I asked both Snah and Bent if they could play Wearing Yr Smell, which is my all-time favourite song(I was the guy in the front with a blue adidas jacket). Snah nodded and smiled while Bent was more like "naaa....", so it would have been fun to see what they would have done if they got more playtime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2008 05:30PM by sjur577.
July 09, 2008 11:01PM
That's not a setlist. Those are lyrics from a cover song, Inside Looking Out
by The Animals. Maybe they did that one inside Hogwash or something?
July 10, 2008 01:41AM
You guys make me sick (although I suspect I was once like you...).
July 10, 2008 02:43AM
otherdemon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's not a setlist. Those are lyrics from a
> cover song, Inside Looking Out
> by The Animals. Maybe they did that one inside
> Hogwash or something?

Yeah, I looked it up, and you're right. I didn't know then, so I just called it "setlist-thing".

Mark; yeah, I totally understand, but every drunk 19 year old standing in front of his fav. band easily gets too excited. I don't think we annoyed the band very much since we asked them just after Battles had gone off and kept quiet through the concert(except for sing-alongs, tho). The guy that threw something on stage during Sun Ship, on the other hand.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2008 02:50AM by sjur577.
July 11, 2008 12:39AM
good boy!
no, sorry about my remark, that came out a little too harsh. I understand.
Lenny
July 14, 2008 09:42PM
Right ya'll
A short clip of MP at the Roskildefestival.

[www.youtube.com]
Back to Motorpsycho home page