2008-10-12: Duesseldorf - Zakk
October 13, 2008 01:31AM
Wow,
what a wonderful night, I really enjoyed it! but i dont know how long they played, but this show contained a little bit of everything, but I think song 2-4 were really played the hard hard rock or even metal style!
Also, Snah is singing most of the singing parts nowadays, but Bent did a good job with the Grand Funk song and Plan NR.1,

Anyway, I dont have a setlist with me so I only give some of the songs played not in the correct order...

Surprises ...

- Who gave you love?
... or something like that / anyone knows if this is a cover or a new song ?... btw it was played as second song and I liked the riff, but to me it seemed to me like the song was only consisting of this riff, so I thought 6 min long or something like that is a little bit to streched out for this without a big solo part or something different, anyway then they went to another song I never thoght they could play...

- Step Inside

- Blindfolded
also arranged different than before, liked it and thought it sounded a little bit like a country-inlfluenced version of it...

- Lonliness
with moog taurus in some parts and very intense

- Serpentine III
really enjoyed this one, beautiful singing by snah and the middle part kind of close to the record, but with a long built-up phase

- Plan Nr.1
no more to say

- Inside looking out
*Grand Funk Railroad Cover again and I really wished I could own a good recording of this version done * many great jams going on and a really soul-full singing by bent

and the Highlights for me were...

- Hogwash * Snah did some feedbacks in the middle, which were really not from this world! * played as first encore followed by...

- Plan Nr.1

- LLM + Alchemyst * always played perfect, nice quite part in LLM with a big built-up if I remember right

- Inside ... Grand Funk R. - really a song worth to be played by Motorpsycho and I really think it should be on a EP (or on roadwork IV if it will ever happen)!

- Lonliness... was a nice version and was perfect in the middle of the show

Other songs I remember...

- Year zero * beginning of the concert
- Sail on
- Before the flood * as second and last encore * Snah played a very beautiful solo, very emotional...

So, this is all I can remember right now, have a nice night and hope tomorrow someone will post the setlist...
Re: 2008-10-12: Duesseldorf - Zakk
October 13, 2008 07:59AM
thanks for the review!
October 13, 2008 08:31AM
Thanks for sharing your impressions Nils. Looks like the "core" of the Ã…s setlist is still there and they are indeed including some of the heavier stuff from DB, which is cool. Playing "Blindfolded" is quite surprising! I think of it as one of the weaker tracks on Phanerothyme. Can't wait to here the alternate version (hope the gig was taped). Do you remember what the second encore was? I'm really happy about "Before the flood" being performed again. Great live song. "Inside looking out" was also played at Ã…s and was fantastic (great jam!).

cheers
Gustav
October 13, 2008 09:09AM
Year Zero
Who gave you lovin (?)
Step Inside (!)
Serpentine
Sail On
Inside Lookin Out
Loenliness (maaaagic evolution!!!)
Blindfolded
L.L.M.
Alchemyst
--------
Hogwash (spaced!)
Plan #1
--------
Before The Flood
2h25m

(No recording?)

Great opening night with magic moments indeed...!
October 13, 2008 12:09PM
looks really good, inside looking out is a great song, didn't found much more then some poopy mainstream and rastafari diggin for info on the web bout who gave you love song,could be a new one so thats your luck then!!!
Tobi
October 13, 2008 02:25PM
Absolutely magic gig!!! What a fantastic band. I don't know much about the band (except Timothy's Monster and now my second gig after the one in Cologne). Any recommendations which of their records to buy next? You know it's always hard to discover a band like this after the 12th (or even more) record. Simply don't know where to start! Thanks!!
October 13, 2008 02:30PM
Sticking to the actual live sound, you should go and get LITTLE LUCID MOMENTS!

Otherwise DEMON BOX ist being covered up more and more due to the new heavy edge in motorpsycho.
ROADWORK I and TRUST US are materpieces anyway... oh now I start to confuse with too many names ;-)

Have fun (and travel)
October 13, 2008 02:34PM
"is being covered up"... taha! "recur" would be the right word actually ;-)
October 13, 2008 02:41PM
Yoyo, lotsa fun!
Super night with a great blasting set and sound, hope my ears do recover before the Dutch gigs :-)
Blindfolded had a Grateful Dead beat to it, somewhat country yes. Super grroved songs in the opening of the set, The feedbacksolo in Hogwash was spacedweird and end of Alchemyst was a wall of sound tumbling on us. Loneliness was a nice surprise and Serpentine III is worth it all... Also nice to see the drummer take a deepdeep second of breath before starting LLM, and off he went.
Enjoy tonight, those who go.
Be
October 13, 2008 09:52PM
Anonymous User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Also nice to see the drummer take a deepdeep
> second of breath before starting LLM, and off he
> went.

He did that in Hamburg in spring, too. Must be quite straining to drum like that for 25 minutes non stop!
October 14, 2008 12:24AM
I love the comeback of "Blindfolded"!
Tobi
@ Tom Cat:
October 14, 2008 10:26AM
Thanks, 4 is still OK, I'm not too confused...Looking forward to visiting the recordstore today!
So do you guys travel when motorpsycho is touring (I mean do you really follow the band all along the tour or do you make day trips to selected venues?) I would also love to see them again soon, but going all alone by car would be a bit too expensive. Would you know anybody who lives in Dusseldorf/ surroundings and wants to see the Bielefeld gig or any of the Dutch/ Belgian gigs?
mybestfriend83
October 14, 2008 05:30PM
Wooooaaahhh...
Blowing away ......
First i did not came really into the mood but that was my own fault i guess...
But then i felt very familiar with the crowd and of course the Band... Its never been so clear to me that music comes from the crowd AND the band on stage... they all did a great job ...
Felt like friendly ghosts all around me...
The Highlihgt for me besides serpentine and the brilliant performed LLM was Sail on..
Especially when bent sang the ... HELP ME parts it felt to me like alot of very nice, lost and lonely souls were crying with me and sing alltogehter very loud ...
Someone recognized that ? to me it felt like the whole crowd was singing with on Sail on...

Amazing jam Parts like allways and a brilliant snah leting the guitar sound . Peep...Peep like that Hospital thingy that shows youre still alive.. lol
Un.Chien.d.Espace
Re: @ Tom Cat:
October 14, 2008 07:12PM
hey tomcat,

i guess i'm living near you and i would like to go to the gig in nijmegen...what do you think about that?
October 15, 2008 12:23PM
any pics from the concerts?
October 15, 2008 01:00PM
Anonymous User Wrote:
> any pics from the concerts?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2944351890_47e05a41b9.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3276/2944351862_6b4fec574e.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2943490797_6e97fb7596.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3186/2944351788_3cbd6fe7ed.jpg

I didn't take these, some guy on a different forum I visit did.
Quite nice, though. Good visuals!

There may be more coming.
Tobi
Re: @ Tom Cat:
October 15, 2008 01:23PM
Anonymous User Wrote:
> hey tomcat,
>
> i guess i'm living near you and i would like to go
> to the gig in nijmegen...what do you think about
> that?

I was the one who asked to travel to some gig(s) in Netherlands/ Belgium from Düsseldorf/ surroundings, so I guess you wanted to ask me instead of tomcat?
I could imagine to go to the gig in Nijmegen, even though I'm not 100% sure whether I'm free that evening. But I'm definetely interested! Would you go by car?
October 15, 2008 08:23PM
Hi Friend,

I am not going to Nijmegen/back in the night from Germany (but from Leuven to Nijmegen to Rotterdam and Amsterdam)

Cheerio
T*
Un.Chien.d.Espace
October 15, 2008 09:32PM
tomcat, you're right, i confused you and tobi....*G*

so tobi, yeah i still would like to go there but i don't have a car....
just drop me a line at un.chien.d.espace@gmx.net
Be
October 15, 2008 11:15PM
> just drop me a line at un.chien.d.espace...
Uh, uh. Bad idea to post your mail address in an open forum - you will be spammed! You should clear those things via pm!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2008 11:16PM by Be.
Back to Motorpsycho home page