Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

21-OCT-2008 - PARADISO - AMSTERDAM

Posted by Jack Bauer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jack Bauer
21-OCT-2008 - PARADISO - AMSTERDAM
October 22, 2008 01:52AM
Great show again, no complaints at all!

Hogwash
Coalmine Pony
LLM
Landslide
Triggerman
Greener
Flick of the wrist
Heartattack Mac
Plan #1
---
Good morning little Schoolgirl (yardbirds among others...)
Don`t look back (john lee-hooker?)
Step Inside
The Ace
Inside looking out
---
Taifun

Approx. 2.40
Re: 21-OCT-2008 - PARADISO - AMSTERDAM
October 22, 2008 02:14AM
Yeaaaaaahhhh!

Akane, you were with us in spirit!
So were you, MC Anders, and so were you, Daniel Spacedog!!!!

The question, 'How will they top R-dam?' The answer: they won't--because they were both excellent shows in their own right with very different vibes. Tonight Flick & Heartattack were just [insert hair flying & jaw scraping the floor].

To get an idea of how awesome Plan #1 is with Kenneth aka Energizer Bunny, see:
[www.youtube.com]

and just listen to the beginning...first thing that came to my mind! WE HEART METAL DRUMMERS!

Bent was in a great mood, doing relatively lots of singing (by this tour's standards) and playing the bass like it was a snowblower during the freakout parts--especially ribcage rattling during Greener, fun to watch the uninitiated clap their hands to their ears, hahahahahaha!

and Snah, well, when Snah jumps into water, he doesn't get wet...the water gets SNAH!

The only crappy thing was how criminally uncrowded the P-diso was tonight; I mean, there were way more people showing up in 2002 & 2006 yet they are so much better right now!!! I know, I know, it's that damn financial crisis...

Leslie

PS thanks for the cd, Rune! safe travels, Italian psychonauts!
October 22, 2008 03:44AM
Leslie, thanx!!!

oh, god, it's been a real good tour this time. damn...still i miss everything if i went there!

yeah, pepople should know MP is now much better or much interesting right now.
how we can spread words about it???
but i still hope or believe that the band who has real heart and real soul against their own music will have something. also people who listen to their music also will have something special in their days.

will fly to Europe next year. i have to...!

one more show...yeah...
October 22, 2008 08:58AM
Aldo it looks like a good setlist and a great night i can hardly believe any show could be better then the WATT show!!! Reason is that it wasn't only the guys on stage that performed a wonderful show, the audience did a hell of a job too.It was the whole Motorpsycho generation that had come together, folks you hadn't seen in ages, long forgotten long beardy hippies, old wrecked punkers, skaters, old beautifull woman who used to be groopies,a slice of everything that once smelled like slighty psychonaut, it was all there!!! No need to say that the set was good, Snah just completly fried my brians like scrambled eggs and seather ate the rest.No talking, no singing, no nude running hippies, no stagedivers, and worst of all NO SMOKING!!!! So, at the end MP all is loneliness didn't ended.......it just simply faded away in silence.......that is how good the show was!!!!!

Pure evil.
October 22, 2008 09:22AM
again a beautiful seltist!

... an uncrowded venue, even in amsterdam? i thought this was maybe only a problem of the vienna show. but on the other hand it seem those who WERE there were as enthusiastic as one can be.

maybe people don't visit concerts by bands they don't know anymore (that's how i met mp the first time), because they need all their money for overpriced concert by hyped mediocre bands. the tickets here in vienna were a bargain, but still... only fans at the show. but no propaganda works as good as word of mouth.... so let's spread the word!

already the final show of the tour today, damn, i wish i could be there! but hopefully they get to the studio soon...
October 22, 2008 09:29AM
It might have to do with the fact that this entire autumn tour has been very low-profile (at least
after what I see). And yeah, the financial crisis make people's priorities different, I guess.
October 22, 2008 09:36AM
rasputinowitsch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> again a beautiful seltist!
>
> ... an uncrowded venue, even in amsterdam? i
> thought this was maybe only a problem of the
> vienna show. but on the other hand it seem those
> who WERE there were as enthusiastic as one can
> be.
>
> maybe people don't visit concerts by bands they
> don't know anymore (that's how i met mp the first
> time), because they need all their money for
> overpriced concert by hyped mediocre bands. the
> tickets here in vienna were a bargain, but
> still... only fans at the show. but no propaganda
> works as good as word of mouth.... so let's spread
> the word!
>
> already the final show of the tour today, damn, i
> wish i could be there! but hopefully they get to
> the studio soon...

damn I thought the concert would be sold out, so I didn't bother to have a drive to Amsterdam.
I'm very glad I was able to view them 2 times this year already , a 3th time had been a dream come true thumbs up
October 22, 2008 09:39AM
Brilliant concert!!! Vibradiso.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3212/2963992716_74ea27bff0.jpg

The first three lasted what felt like forever. Best Hogwash in years!
October 22, 2008 11:59AM
They sure do know how to build a house of sound and throw it upon you .... A shower of power :-)
Great set - fun with the first encores and chills on the last.
Next time around again.
Mybestfriend83
October 22, 2008 01:00PM
First of all....
My first visit at the Paradiso and its a very nice location in a great city... And the hall is amazing.
Off course a great show with the guys playing on fire....
And man.... someone remembering what the fuck they did at the end of (i guess it was) flick of the wrist or greener ????
It was minutes of a WALL of sound going constantlly ..WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM......
I thought i was going crazy...that was so fucking brilliant mindblowing and amazing i couldnt sleep without hearing WHHOOMM WHHHOOMM going from my left ear to the right... How can 3 guys make such a sound ???? Wow....

Hogwash kicked asses on a verz high level and is from now on something completly different to me..very nice
Coalmine jamming part was brilliant and how they got to the rocking part again also....
LLM was fantastic as usual
Landslide very melodic and beautiful to me
Triggerman sounded much more into rock as on the Record but was also great
Greener made me almost cry tears of joy
Flick of the wrist was like i said above very good and ended with the destroying of this whole planet by the guys...lol
Heartattack MAC was continueing destroying and making my heart really go Boom Boom Boom
I dont remeber Plan 1 but must have bean very nice to..
The first encores were kind of funky and i caught myself dancing alltough i would have loved to hear more long MP tracks and no covers....
And taifun made my Bodyhairs shiver like alexboy ...lol

Ill be there next time they play....
Grand finish for the tour.... There is only kiel which i cannot go to but i also hope they go staight into the studio and release a Double CD again next year..... That would be great....I think they should only release Double CDs ...lol
Rob
October 22, 2008 08:27PM
Amazing concert, I have difficulty finding words to describe it. Intense might come closest. The wall of sound they put up was unbelievable, the atmosphere was great, the setlist simply wonderful. Imagine: skipping 3 songs of the current album in favour of covers and I still didn't care... well, Year Zero with the moog would have been nice cool smiley . Practically all songs worked for me, lots of jamming and sheer sonic attacks, waves of noise, what more can you ask for. Bent seemed a lot more "present"/into it than the last shows I have seen, and I don't know what has gotten into Snah but he is permanently on fire. Paradiso might not have been full but the crowd was so enthousiastic it seemed to impress Kenneth, he was filming with his cell phone before the 2nd encore. Personal highlight was Flick of the Wrist which I hadn't seen live in over 10 years. Greener, Hogwash/Pony ("we needed to warm up, hope you don't mind" ), Taifun, Inside looking out, Mac, hard to point out highlights without mentioning the entire setlist.

Way way way better than Sunday night in Nijmegen and definitely in my top MP concerts. Let's hope for a recording! I don't think any mic could have recorded that massive noise assault at the end of Heartattack Mac...

And before I forget, finally got to meet some fellow psychonauts (Jonne and Rune), it was nice meeting you guys!
October 23, 2008 08:34AM
Norwegian review here:

[www.groove.no]
October 23, 2008 02:14PM
otherdemon Wrote:
> Norwegian review here:
>
> [www.groove.no]

Apart from getting the setlist, the size of the crowd and the coming dates wrong it's a reasonable effort. I guess.
October 24, 2008 08:49AM
No recording of the paradiso show ruuntje?
October 24, 2008 10:04AM
I didn't make one. Hoping someone else did, but it was darn loud.
My silly microphone wouldn't have been sufficient.
October 24, 2008 03:26PM
ruuntje Wrote:
> I didn't make one. Hoping someone else did, but it
> was darn loud.
> My silly microphone wouldn't have been sufficient.

No worries, stil enjoining the last one you did thumbs up
Back to Motorpsycho home page