Blashyrkh

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45420
    Blashyrkh
    Participant

      @grindove, are these 3 different locations, so different addresses? Or are these 3 different “rooms” of that specific venue ?

      Feature update:

      Community Ranking
      Your rank on the site is based on Community Points.

      You earn points by being active on the site. The more you contribute, the more points you collect. Your total points then determine your current badge.

      How you earn points
      Right now, points can be earned in these ways:

      – Published Roadworks = 30 points each
      – Gig comments = 5 points each
      – Gig replies = 3 points each
      – Roadwork likes received = 2 points per like
      – Gig attendance = 1 point per attended gig
      – Attend gigs in 2 countries = 10 points
      – Attend gigs in 5 countries = 30 points
      – Got 20 likes on a Roadwork release = 30 points
      – Heard 10 debut songs = 10 points
      – Liked someone else’s Roadwork = 1 point

      Important
      Points are calculated from the live data on the site.

      That means:
      – if you delete a Roadwork, you lose the points for it
      – if a Roadwork gets more likes, you gain points
      – if likes disappear, your score can go down again
      – attendance and activity are always counted from your current real profile data

      How badges work
      Your badge depends on your total number of points.

      As soon as you reach a badge threshold, that badge becomes yours.

      Current badge ladder:
      – Lady May — 0 points
      – The Magpie — 20 points
      – Psychotzar — 45 points
      – Un Chien D’espace — 70 points
      – Vortex Surfer — 95 points
      – Ratcatcher — 125 points
      – The Alchemyst — 160 points
      – Ricky — 200 points
      – Grindstone — 245 points
      – Jane — 295 points
      – Timothy’s Monster — 350 points
      – Jr. — 420 points
      – Mountain — 500 points
      – Sunchild — 650 points

      Example
      If you have:
      – 2 published Roadworks = 60 points
      – 4 gig comments = 20 points
      – 10 attended gigs = 10 points

      Then you have 90 points total.

      That would give you the badge:
      – Un Chien D’espace at 70
      – but not yet Vortex Surfer, which starts at 95

      How to level up
      The fastest ways to earn more points are:
      – publish Roadworks
      – get likes on your Roadworks
      – comment and reply on gig pages
      – mark the gigs you attended
      – explore gigs in more countries
      – interact with other members’ Roadworks

      • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
      in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45414
      Blashyrkh
      Participant

        Thanks @ringo for letting me know. I wasn’t aware of that. It should be fixed now. If it’s not immediately visible, it’s possible that the “old” pages are cached in your browser.

        in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45410
        Blashyrkh
        Participant

          Thanks @Valderrama for the kind words — really glad you’re enjoying the site!

          Yeah, that kind of extra info would be great to have. The tricky part is that I don’t have complete data for all gigs. I’m gradually adding it where I can, but it’s all manual work and pretty time-consuming 😄

          If I’m not mistaken, some gigs already have that information. But will already Reine to the latest gigs.

          in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45403
          Blashyrkh
          Participant

            I have time tomorrow to do some stuff:
            – fix the date for the clip results on Roadwork Studio -> Fixed
            – Social share option
            – View stats of fellow members. -> Added

            Keep those ideas coming :stg:

            • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
            in reply to: MPDB – Create your own Roadwork album #45400
            Blashyrkh
            Participant

              Thank you for your feedback. You are absolutely right about these issues. Most of them are fixed. I’ve removed the Preview button. It automatically previews when you add or change stuff.

              No worries about the costs. Everything is now funded by NFGS itself.

              • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
              in reply to: MPDB – Create your own Roadwork album #45397
              Blashyrkh
              Participant

                It is fixed. There was a permission issue.

                Thanks for letting me know.

                in reply to: MPDB – Create your own Roadwork album #45396
                Blashyrkh
                Participant

                  Hmm that’s bizar.

                  I’m looking into it right now

                  in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45393
                  Blashyrkh
                  Participant

                    The issues above are fixed ;-)

                    I’ll make a dedicated post about this tomorrow

                    in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45390
                    Blashyrkh
                    Participant

                      I added the masked overlayer. It is selected by default.

                      in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45388
                      Blashyrkh
                      Participant

                        Maybe I’ll increase it in the near future or maybe every year when there are more clips available. We’ll see how it goes.

                        in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45384
                        Blashyrkh
                        Participant

                          @Crunch, have fun! The Roadwork functionality is now live.

                          The navigation has been slightly improved: instead of “My Stats,” you now have “My Profile.” When you’re logged in, there’s a dropdown menu with “My Stats” and “Roadwork.” Also the layout is a bit more clean.

                          If you click on “Roadwork,” you’ll go to the Roadwork Studio, where you can create your album. You can only choose from clips that have been added to the site.

                          There is currently a limit of 3 Roadwork albums per user. I can easily increase this if necessary, but I’d like to see how it goes first. I also want to keep things manageable so not everyone creates thousands of albums 😄

                          The latest new Roadwork albums are also shown in the Community section on the homepage.

                          And thank you for this fun idea ! I love it !

                          • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
                          • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
                          in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45381
                          Blashyrkh
                          Participant

                            Thanks for the kind words, Crunch!

                            I’ve also thought about adding some gamification, but I’m not sure that feature is really necessary or desired by the Psychonauts.

                            I really like your idea of creating your own Roadworks. It adds a nice “community” aspect to the website. The only thing we can’t do is allow uploading artwork directly to the site. We have limited storage space and want to use it wisely. It could work if the artwork is hosted somewhere else, though.

                            Adding the discography could be possible. But why not use Discogs itself?

                            in reply to: 2026.03.22 – NO, Oslo – Rockefeller #45376
                            Blashyrkh
                            Participant

                              I also like the video :mp:

                              in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45375
                              Blashyrkh
                              Participant

                                Update:
                                I’ve created a new feature that automatically pulls posts from this forum into the MPDB site.

                                When a setlist is added here, I simply add the forum link to the corresponding gig on MPDB, and it will automatically fetch the posts from that specific thread.

                                It’s not instant, it checks every night for new posts on recent gigs within a timeframe of up to one year.

                                If the forum is ever down, no worries: all forum posts are stored in the MPDB database.

                                I’ve only added forum threads from the “Setlists” section. I won’t go looking into the thousands of threads on this forum if there are other setlists :-D

                                Where can you find that on MPDB:
                                – if a Gig has comments or forum posts, you’ll see a speech bubble icon on the Gig item in the top right corner.
                                – When you are on the gig page itself, you need to scroll down to “Member Comments” and “Forum”

                                Now, I’m out of ideas for new features… The coming days weeks, I’ll check if there is feedback of you guys and try to progress that. I’ll also add the Tussler gigs to the database. And i’ll see if there are some design tweaks needed for a better usability. :stg:

                                • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Blashyrkh.
                                in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #45371
                                Blashyrkh
                                Participant

                                  @psychotzar, thanks for the info. I’ve added both shows to the database. Do you happen to know which songs were played at these shows ?

                                  I’ve changed Bergen to Skien for that specific gig.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 482 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994