shakti

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36044
    shakti
    Participant

I was just told by Cecilie Lykke that my order (placed on Oct 15) hadn't been forwarded by Paypal. So there was indeed a hickup after all. I think those of you who ordered early but still haven't received anything might want to get in touch with the webshop…

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36042
      shakti
      Participant

Well, I did at least receive a reply today, so there's hope. DIY or not, I think it's kind of past the fanzine stage at this point. What is one supposed to do when it doesn't show up? It's been several weeks since the blog said that all October orders had been processed, so there is the possibility that it got lost in the mail. The problem is – who knows? I can't sit still forever and just wait.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36039
        shakti
        Participant

Sorry to sound like a whiny kid, but my patience is up. It's been two months since I ordered, and not a word since then. I emailed the Motorpsycho webshop several days ago, but no reply. If it's not here on Monday I'll be filing a complaint with Paypal.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36037
          shakti
          Participant

Me neither. To be honest, this is starting to piss me off a little. I'll cut them some slack for it taking time getting all of the orders out, but it looks like there is absolutely no pattern to how the orders are being processed.

Could there have been a hickup with some of the initial/very first orders?

in reply to: INTO THE MAELSTROM documentary (2019) #36851
            shakti
            Participant

I've always heard lots of krauty influences in Motorpsycho, but not always that overtly. There's the cover of Halleluwah of course, but more typically it's in the hypnotic, repetitive space sections in songs like K9. The motorik beat is certainly there in Uberwagner. Lastly, for some reason I've always felt that there's a lot of Manuel Göttsching in Snah's playing, but that might be just in my imagination.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36028
              shakti
              Participant

Well, I'll be doing La Danse du Bonheur when it arrives!

(Love when someone gets the shakti reference!)

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36024
                shakti
                Participant

I'm beginning to lose my patience here. I ordered on October 15, probably only hours after the order link went live. Nothing here yet. Anyone in the same situation?

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36018
                  shakti
                  Participant

Did anyone get theirs from the webshop yet? I can wait, just want to know if they've started to trickle out.

in reply to: Ole Paus & Motorpsycho – Operaen Oslo Feb. 23 2020 #36381
                    shakti
                    Participant

Excellent news! That's very close to me.

in reply to: 2019-10-19 Den Hague, Paard #36303
                      shakti
                      Participant

What a setlist! Looks spectacular on paper, at least.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35990
                        shakti
                        Participant

Motorpsycho.no webshop.

Bought!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34048
                          shakti
                          Participant

Does anyone know anything more about Ringnesfestivalen? The info on their site is semi-cryptic…appears to be a very small, very low-profile thing. The program doesn't say whether they will be playing Friday or Saturday. It's not too far from me, so it's tempting, but the Saturday and full-weekend tickets are sold out.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #34022
                            shakti
                            Participant

I was unfamiliar with that track, but wow….that sounds like something Motorpsycho could be absolutely killing it with!!

in reply to: 12. April. Hulen, Bergen. #35216
                              shakti
                              Participant

What a terrific Acoustic set! Seeing Bent and Snah like that, on a stage like Hulen, can make even the hardest man sentimental. What a gem this band is! After 30 years of being the greatest band on the planet, they are still here, exactly like they always have been, still 100% dedicated to what they are doing. That clip could have been from the mid-90s. I am talking about the spirit of the band (pun not intended). It's not polished or perfect, but it was out of left field, and it was beautiful and genuine. Wish I could have been there.

in reply to: 12. April. Hulen, Bergen. #35210
                                shakti
                                Participant

Double gigs in Bergen are almost always legendary. I wasn't there this time, don't live in Bergen anymore. However, I will say this; I totally didn't see this stuff coming; Gullible's Travails and an acoustic set including very rarely performed songs. Terrific!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994