supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,233 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: rw4 #18923
    supernaut
    Participant

      Well regardless of any other yearly release, they could put out a double vinyl Roadwork entry twice a year. Just keep them flowing. There's enough material and way enough buyer's interest. That would be so great. And unique. And a Guinness Book entry on top.

      in reply to: rw4 #18916
      supernaut
      Participant

        but release on the 8th means I'll probably get it right on my birthday. :D

        in reply to: rw4 #18915
        supernaut
        Participant
          Quote:
          2xLP

          1CD

          boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

          really should've been 3LP/2CD. :(

          in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12799
          supernaut
          Participant

            new Radiohead ready for official download: http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/

            hardcopies to order now but will be released much later sadly.

            in reply to: Gear talk part III (or IV?) #16270
            supernaut
            Participant

              @crackpot

              Stock prices in europe are too high and in switzerland ridiculously so, starting from 3000euros. But there's some german and british shops selling them for around 1900.-

              On ebay you might find well maintained older models for say 1200.- if you're lucky and patient. I got this new 2010 model from the USA for 1500.-, including tax and shipping and all, including the original hardcase.

              There's hardly any here in the shops and as written above, looking at internet pictures I prefered the black (jetglo) and midnite blue ones first. I wasn't convinced of the red (fireglo), the white and the natural maple (mapleglo). But those latter 3 I got to see in real and they're beautiful. Now I'm very happy with the red one. Now I think it's the nicest looking one.

              It has a perfect straight neck, awesomely low action like I want it, stereo output and plays almost by itself. One knob is push in/pull out for the vintage sound (bit more mids and highs). And overall it feels absolutely top high class quality.

              edit, ts, i stated the prices in swiss francs. fixed them to euros.

              @Neil

              8-string probably will remain a dream. There's been one on ebay but the seller didn't want to ship abroad. There's one for sale every decade I guess. :(

              in reply to: Gear talk part III (or IV?) #16267
              supernaut
              Participant

                my brand new love:

                fireglo2-1.jpg

                in reply to: rw4 #18907
                supernaut
                Participant

                  Double vinyl equals 80 minutes. I hope they pack as many songs as possible on it instead of 4 lengthy jams. Though I'd love to have Arne H from Leipzig.

                  in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12798
                  supernaut
                  Participant

                    I prepared for the worst when I listened to your Falkenbach clips, but hey that's quite enjoyable. Not as much pathos and bombast as other genre bands, there's a lightness about them. It's like when all the other viking metal bands go to battle, Falkenbach just watch them die in vain, then have a smoke, and then go to work on the fields for winter's crop.

                    in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12795
                    supernaut
                    Participant

                      everybody knows Melvins but I just noticed there's a gig from 2007 at Oya in great quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduaIdeabvE&feature=related :)

                      in reply to: rw4 #18903
                      supernaut
                      Participant
                        Quote:
                        I think it just wouldn't fit into the overall scheme of the Roadwork-series. It was more of a "one-time-had-to-be-there" kinda thingy…

                        I don't see an overall scheme of the RW series. RW1 was maybe from different sources, RW2 was a "one-time-had-to-be-there" kinda thingy and RW3 was one show from a tour and since every night on a MP tour is different it too can be seen as a one-time thingy.

                        So I don't know what I'd prefer. I guess it is probably not happening since Timmy already got this much attention with the re-release and the guys always want to move on. But I hope there are some snippets from Oya on it.

                        in reply to: rw4 #18897
                        supernaut
                        Participant

                          :(

                          not everybody's been there y'know….

                          in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12794
                          supernaut
                          Participant
                            in reply to: rw4 #18891
                            supernaut
                            Participant

                              this 2008-2010 era mixed shows thing is all a hoax. everyone knows it'll be OYA'S MONSTER!

                              in reply to: rw4 #18878
                              supernaut
                              Participant
                                Quote:
                                The 20 min version of "Arnie H" from Leipzig 2010 would be fantastic to have on RW4.

                                oh yes. that version is massive. followed by that just as brilliant Year Zero rendition. "that was fun". and Mad Sun. that was a great show. including the spitting thing.

                                in reply to: All MP Radio Show + Snah/Kenneth interview #19243
                                supernaut
                                Participant

                                  maybe it's the overall music's quality that would always work in any list but the segues of this running order work exceptionally well. at least up until Un Chien where I'm at now. it goes to show how these different songs seamlessly compliment each other. or maybe it's because they've all been safely locked in my head for 2 decades. uh oh motorbrainwashed?

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 2,233 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994