supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,816 through 1,830 (of 2,233 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Snah’s effect pedals #16058
    supernaut
    Participant

      mmmmmm micro pog, never knew about this.

      wow, Rush, REM and Pearl Jam riffs :) and the organ sound towards the end of this demo, they all sound quite baffeling. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMfJXG-F6A&feature=related

      in reply to: Snah’s effect pedals #16057
      supernaut
      Participant

        Well I like the sound he gets on the first lick he plays on the VI bass. It’s kinda hollow, fender style, and gnarly. If that’s the correct english word. With my otherwise beloved v-twin (great for stingray bass and ampeg tube amp) I have to find this sound yet.

        This one’s nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdEozkh45D4&feature=related

        at 1’18” how you can blend in the distortion. You get (or don’t lose) a good definition within the distortion sound.

        in reply to: Snah’s effect pedals #16054
        supernaut
        Participant

          I just watched this demo of Snah’s Ampeg Scrambler. Think I gotta search for it. I’ve got that Fender VI Bass, too but no cool distorting it. This sounds like teh thing.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QUxrvNctY&feature=related

          in reply to: New Single #16928
          supernaut
          Participant

            what’s “eagle’s son”???

            in reply to: Alta, 30.04.10 #16905
            supernaut
            Participant

              whole setlist is great anyway.

              in reply to: Alta, 30.04.10 #16904
              supernaut
              Participant

                Oh nice, the other other fool. also great to have STG back. how did they end it? like paradiso 2002 with 4 mins of BAMMMMM?

                in reply to: Reviewed in MOJO #16862
                supernaut
                Participant

                  careful with that axe, hans!

                  in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14553
                  supernaut
                  Participant

                    Only 2 open spots between Duna jam and Leipzig for a dim possibility for swiss dates left. And they sure would want one day off to travel. I’m so depressed. I need an OD of heavy metal fruit.

                    in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12717
                    supernaut
                    Participant

                      whole lotta “supers” there. 8O

                      in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12716
                      supernaut
                      Participant

                        Superterz got their new one out, it’s called “insomnia”.

                        http://www.myspace.com/superterz

                        They’re from my hometown and (humble face expression) I played with them a few years ago. Being big fans of Supersilent, they actually never knew about their connection to Motorpsycho. So I gave em that lesson. Now this new record is a manic affair indeed. Orbiting somewhere alongside Supersilent, Tortoise, Burnt Friedman and the like. Mostly quite deconstructed and improvised but still subtle with that certain needed amount of control. Live they’re even weirder as you can see on the myspace site. Dunno if the album is available outside of Switzerland yet, but I think they did approach Rune, but I might be wrong and I dunno what’s happening there.

                        Their local label http://www.unitrecords.com/page.php?pid=1000 though it’s so babyfresh it’s not even listed yet.

                        in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14532
                        supernaut
                        Participant

                          Of course there must be more! Everytime I peep in here, I get depressed for a week.

                          ah, so where to travel to… Berlin again? Vienna? Or maybe even Sardinia for the heck of it…

                          in reply to: Junge Welt – HMF review (German) #16822
                          supernaut
                          Participant

                            more bums in the low mids. nice one.

                            in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16488
                            supernaut
                            Participant

                              Motor_timothy_s_monster.jpg

                              This being a new ROADWORKS entry would be a dream.

                              in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16487
                              supernaut
                              Participant
                                Quote:
                                Taken into account the current band, and the musical state they are in, having them play Timothy’s Monster feels kind of like many opportunities lost.

                                Sorry Anders, this is quite silly.

                                a) Timmy isn’t any less epically sprawling than your beloved Demon Box and the latest records with the current line up.

                                b) Considering this, we can’t have the slightest idea what this current line up will make of it but…

                                c) …it WILL be amazing. If you’ll attend the show, you’ll be blown away crying. That’s the most obvious part of it all.

                                d) I can’t go godammit.

                                in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12138
                                supernaut
                                Participant

                                  Of course this might be a possibility. But I also think there is no “right” thing to do in the Roadwork series. History showed the boys always do whatever they feel like doing. So personally I don’t care about the format or label, I just fancy an official recording of this happening. And of that upcoming one-album show, too.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,816 through 1,830 (of 2,233 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994